Korean hi- fi

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
As the proud owner of the L-1500 Line Stage I asked the Administrator to set up this site. After the Hyundai that is know a top notch company, Korea deserves to be recognized for quality products.

The L1500 is in the $6k range and is imported by Hammertone Audio of Canada. Its' big brother the L-3000(formerly the L-4000) sells for about $11k. Baby brother is said to provide 90 percent of the performance of its big brother.
I am currently breaking it in. Rather than write one review, I'll make updates as the unit runs in. It was not entirely new when I purchased it. The owner decided to sell it and purchase the big brother.
It sounds fine right out of the box. Like most new products I am expecting wider soundstage and greater detail as the unit runs in.
Remarkable is the units build quality. I'm sure you all agree. Cheap sheet metal screws should be outlawed. Allnic deserves credit for using recessed hex screws. Manufacturers take note. Of its' physical qualities , my favorite is the motorized volume control that facillitates the remote control. The fit and finish are excellent. It comes with a textured gray finish. It has a heavy gauge faceplate and high gauge cover.
All functions can be accessed via the remote or buttons on the font panel. It offers a real choice for balanced or single ended inputs and outputs. There is a switch on the rear panel. My Moscode amp is single ended.
They discourage the use of vibration control devices. They haave nice little feet which they say are optimized to prevent vibrations forum traveling up to the unit.

More later.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Greg

First of all it has always been my feelings that if a member wants a forum that he feels strongly about not only will I create it I will usually ask you to moderate it ;)

My good friend Carl (cjfrbw here) is an ardent Allnic fan and has the amp, preamp, phonoamp and now the head amp. I must get Carl to post here

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am the new moderator.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Steve I forgot the usual disclaimer: I have no financial interest in the company.
Greg

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Hi, Greg,

Yup, I love the Allnic products and have four items at present, the H 3000 phono, the L 5000 DHT preamp, the (former) HT 2500 head amp. Newest is the Allnic Verito Z cartridge, which is also a great sounding device. I have also been doing some interesting tube rolling with the Allnic L 5000 directly heated triode preamp. I will offer some comments when I get more time. Glad somebody started an Allnic thread, KS Park is a world class designer and has a lot of irons in the fire.
Congrats to Steve for a very nice looking site.

Carl

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Steve,

Yes, the Verito Z is worth a listen, especially with the Allnic amplification chain. I changed some tubes around as well. Unfortunately, when you listened last time I wasn't aware that the power tubes on the bass panels had deteriorated creating some lousy output in the lower midrange.
The Verito Z is good enough to outperform my Clearaudio Harmony Mg. Allnic also has another cartridge that is supposed to be even higher performance, the Puritas, which will be coming out in May.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Perhaps a mini review of your system would be appropriate?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Actually I remember reading some of those reviews.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Moderator'snote

I'm sure most of you know Albert from Audiogon. His modesty no doubt prevents him from revealing he is an Allnic dealer. I bring that to your attention out of an abundance of caution.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I know Alberts' interest in Allnic exceeds his financial interest. It was on his recommendation I checked out the L1500. As someone who could have any preamp he desired, I assumed the Allnic must be good. Especially if Albert thinks its better than the Aesthtix.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Hammertone Audio, the North American distributers (and most of the rest of the world!) for Allnic lives a hop and a skip away from me. Dave's a great guy, and a review of the entry-level H-1200 will be in the first issue of Vinylphile (coming soon!).

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
Hammertone Audio, the North American distributers (and most of the rest of the world!) for Allnic lives a hop and a skip away from me. Dave's a great guy, and a review of the entry-level H-1200 will be in the first issue of Vinylphile (coming soon!).

Rich, please post a link to your review when it's published, I want to read it.

I have not met Dave in person but I agree he's a great guy. Every time we spend any time on the phone we wind up laughing about something. Music and life are supposed to be enjoyable and Dave makes that happen.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Rich, please post a link to your review when it's published, I want to read it.

I'll check with Steve to make sure such a posting will be acceptable; otherwise I'll send it to you in a PM.

I have not met Dave in person but I agree he's a great guy. Every time we spend any time on the phone we wind up laughing about something. Music and life are supposed to be enjoyable and Dave makes that happen.

That he does! Tell him I said Hi next time you chat with him. (Which reminds me: I'm supposed to be going to his place to pick up some more toys soon.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing