Which Dealers- worldwide- have the Best listening rooms?

caesar

May 30, 2010
I have heard many a dealer claim that they they have the ultimate system. Many times their systems sound great, and many times their systems just suck. One of the things I usually do is play a recording I am familiar with, and I often hear woolly bass, which is probably covering up a lot of the other frequencies. Sure you can get a flavor of the sonic signature of the gear, but with a bad room you are driving a Ferrari on a 3rd world road.

Unfortunately, bad rooms are more common than good or great rooms.

So which dealers have the best rooms in the world? And who designed them?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I like this one. It was designed by a Hong Kong architect, a sound engineer, plus input and advice from Allen Sides (Oceanway Studios).

It does not look like there's any treatment done, but the two side walls are not parallel, and the ceiling comprises floating individual panels. Behind the curtains behind the speakers, there's bass trapping and another 6 feet or so.

Forthwise.jpg

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I like this one. It was designed by a Hong Kong architect, a sound engineer, plus input and advice from Allen Sides (Oceanway Studios).

It does not look like there's any treatment done, but the two side walls are not parallel, and the ceiling comprises floating individual panels. Behind the curtains behind the speakers, there's bass trapping and another 6 feet or so.

What is the name of the business ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

View attachment 11780

Reminds me of Gary's (Protein) speakers.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

View attachment 11780

nice chair.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
nice chair.

It is - supremely comfortable, plus it looks good. All the chairs that they had in the showroom looked great and was comfortable..... and the headrest folds back away from the ears for critical listening.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing