Bragging Rights Begin In Week 2

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Giants are 0 and 3. We will not win the SuperBowl this year. Down with Tom Caughlin! Or whomever is responsible for this mess! Oh and three!1 They got crushed by the Panthers: no point on the board :(
The question is why is Coughlin not on death watch like Andy Reid was last year? A great coach who has lost the attention of his players.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The problem with Peyton Manning is there is no plan B. He sucks all the air out the stadium. If he does not play well they lose. That's why he does not do well in the playoffs. The better defenses can limit or take away your A game. Dare I say it? He needs some help with the play calling.
Robert Irsay, Jr. is a genius. He got in Peyton Mannings head. If anyone knows Mannings weakness it's the Colts. Couple that with an outstanding prformance by Luck and the Colt defense resulted in a win for the Colts.
After the game Manning suggested a rematch in the playoffs. Not something that would put fear in the hearts of the Colts

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the other issue with Payton is arm strength. better defenses will play press coverage and Payton then needs to be pin point accurate with his longer passes since he cannot zip it into coverage like he once could. his margin for error with better defenses is very small. and his offensive line looked ordinary last night.

I like the chances of my Seahawks defense against him in the Super Bowl if that happens. lots of football to play still.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I think you should be more worried about Seattle playing the Colts who IIRC beat the Seattle 34-28. The Colts have also dismantled the 49ers as well as the Broncos. Perhaps you should be setting your vision on the Colts and not the Broncos. Oh and did anyone mention the Chiefs who at 7-0 are the only undefeated team. Alex Smith has a pretty amazing backfield and his QB rating remains high even though he continues to only throw those short passes as he did in San Francisco

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I think you should be more worried about Seattle playing the Colts who IIRC beat the Seattle 34-28. The Colts have also dismantled the 49ers as well as the Broncos. Perhaps you should be setting your vision on the Colts and not the Broncos. Oh and did anyone mention the Chiefs who at 7-0 are the only undefeated team. Alex Smith has a pretty amazing backfield and his QB rating remains high even though he continues to only throw those short passes as he did in San Francisco

we played the Colts on the road without 3 offensive line starters (including 2 pro bowlers) and Percy Harvin and still should have won that game. as did the 9ers play the Colts without key personel (although at home). now the Colts have lost Reggie Wayne, and they are a young team that has been up and down.

i'd say that Denver is a more formidable playoff foe for the Super Bowl......at this moment. we'll see if the Colts can stay at this high level, whether the Bronco's rebound positively, and how the Seahawks fare when their starters return.

the Seahawks caught a break with the Ram's Bradford out, and getting the Saints at home while the 9ers get them on the road. our road to winning home field looks good if we take care of business (even assuming we lose to the 9ers on the road later). i like our playoff chances with home field advantage.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

I was born and raised in KC and am I dyed in the wool Chiefs fan. First game I ever watched was Super Bowl IV (who knew that would be the highlight 40+ years later). First game I ever attended was the Christmas Day1971 longest game against Miami; which was also the first time I saw a grown man cry...

Denver played like crap and Indy's defense played well; yet Denver still scored 33 points and was in the game into the final minute. The Chief's defense is probably better than the Colts and other than the Seahawks, probably the best in the NFL. But the Chief's don't score enough to beat Denver. I still think it's Denver's to lose in the AFC....

Last edited:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Whatever the excuses, hats off to the Colts for beating Denver and all of the Peyton hype. Andrew Luck is the real deal and has done an outstanding job after being put in the unenviable position of having to follow in Peyton's footsteps. Let's all remember that Luck was a rookie last year.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Seahawks 10-1

SF got beat today by NO.... Kaepernick didn't look good at all today. SF just got overpowered by the NO defense.

Steve Williams

Seahawks 10-1

SF got beat today by NO.... Kaepernick didn't look good at all today.

9ers and Colin look like crap. He has no receivers. As a result poor running game. They'll be lucky to make the play offs.

mdkim

Nov 7, 2012
9ers and Colin look like crap. He has no receivers. As a result poor running game. They'll be lucky to make the play offs.

I'm still reeling from the loss. Crabs may bring a spark and open things up in a week or two. Will it be too late? I don't know. I do know that Colin looks indecisive. He even pauses before taking off to scramble. Heck, his fastest run was when he chased the corner after throwing the pick.

Steve Williams

I'm still reeling from the loss. Crabs may bring a spark and open things up in a week or two. Will it be too late? I don't know. I do know that Colin looks indecisive. He even pauses before taking off to scramble. Heck, his fastest run was when he chased the corner after throwing the pick.

good to know there is another 9ers fan here. Man the loss was beyond painful. I loved him last year and like you hold out that the spark we saw last year to give Alex Smith the boot. Personally I liked Smith because he was a gentleman who never talked trash but agreed with the decision and I think Colin is going through a slump with Crab not there and is the better of the two QB's. Is it too late? I'm concerned. Smith didn't ever have the long strong arm that Colin has nor could he gallop like Colin. As a result they have all of 12 or 13 passing TD's IIRC with 9 going to Davis. Crab is his favorite target who BTW is an excellent receiver. With that it opens things up and gives Colin the chance to run. I also think as a result he is feeling a little unsure of himself and has to work through it or be benched.

Just how I see it anyway :)

mdkim

Nov 7, 2012
Agree with basically eveything you said...except for the benching. I think McCoy would be a disaster.

W/ Harvin back and the playoffs going trough Century Link,...the entire NFC will have a rough go advancing.

Ugh. I hate Carroll's smug smile more than S. Payton's pursed lips.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
My Giants are ona tear, they still may not make the playoff :( 0 -^ start will do that to you ... ]

Concerning the 49ers, and the running QBS in general NFL defenses have caught with them. Kaepernick can still run, they are not giving him any lane or room to, same with RGIII and even Russel ... They have to throw and well. It doesn't help they are shadowed by a middle linebacker and often a safety which leads to interceptions and incompletions . We'll see how those QBs progress ...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
There were high hopes for RG III and Kaepernick this year. The other newbie's are doing fairly well... Newton, Luck and Wilson. And what about Smith?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
There were high hopes for RG III and Kaepernick this year. The other newbie's are doing fairly well... Newton, Luck and Wilson. And what about Smith?

They're having success with their arms not with their legs.. Yes they will escape a rusher or two and will extend plays a la Joe Montana, John Elway or Steve Young but the days of these guys taking off with the defenders flabbergasted are soon to be over. I repeat: NFL Defenses have adjusted.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
we got a 'taste' of Percy Harvin......

i can see now how that's going to be a problem accounting for him for defenses against the Seahawks.....and few will likely kick it to him either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing