Bragging Rights Begin In Week 2

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Giants are 0 and 3. We will not win the SuperBowl this year. Down with Tom Caughlin! Or whomever is responsible for this mess! Oh and three!1 They got crushed by the Panthers: no point on the board :(

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Colin K and the 49ers flat out stunk today. Too many injuries.

It could be that the league has found a way to limit these running QBs .. Washington hasn't fared too well either.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
It could be that the league has found a way to limit these running QBs .. Washington hasn't fared too well either.

I don't think it has much to do with QB's running. I think it has to do with how sound both the running and passing game are. today big 'K' had only 129 yards passing, with only 13 for 27......under 50%. and that is playing at home. it's the lack of a fundamentally sound passing game (unless you play a defense like the pussy Packers) that is the problem. is big 'K' a good solid passing QB? we don't yet know the answer. maybe it's simply that Seattle exposed Boldin as old and slow and the problem is that their speed receivers are injured. if so, it's going to be a long season for the Niners.

I do think that Seattle will likely lose their away game at Indy.....based on how indy played today. OTOH Houston sucked today too and we play there next week. so maybe our chances are better there than it looked before.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
one now has to begin thinking (hind sight is so much easier) about Alex Smith in Kansas City sitting with Andy Reid at 3-0 whereas ColinK and Harbaugh are now 1-2 and simply stunk their last 2 games

Meh

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I don't think it has much to do with QB's running. I think it has to do with how sound both the running and passing game are. today big 'K' had only 129 yards passing, with only 13 for 27......under 50%. and that is playing at home. it's the lack of a fundamentally sound passing game (unless you play a defense like the pussy Packers) that is the problem. is big 'K' a good solid passing QB? we don't yet know the answer. maybe it's simply that Seattle exposed Boldin as old and slow and the problem is that their speed receivers are injured. if so, it's going to be a long season for the Niners.

I do think that Seattle will likely lose their away game at Indy.....based on how indy played today. OTOH Houston sucked today too and we play there next week. so maybe our chances are better there than it looked before.

This article just came out from SB Nation : NFL defenses adapt quickly to read-option offenses. Very interesting articles about the Option-plays. Last year they tore up defenses , this year, they will have to learn to throw and that acurately. I remember vividly gam ewhere the Comboys pass rusher per Excellence: DeMarcus Ware started rushing the QB , RG-III once he saw RG-III just thinking about making a move he stopped in a limbo between covering some imaginary receiver and shadowing the QB.. Results RG-III ran for 40+ yards on this play alone! OR the way defenses couldn;t stop Kaepernick last year, this year he is not such a threat. he better learn to throw something he's shown he can do rather well same with RG-III and Wilson. We'll see tonight how the Rams defense plays Kaepernick

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Denver looks like the best team so far. Indy is sitting at 2-1 and I haven't given up on them yet.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I can't figure out who is worse: the Giants or my fantasy team :(

Steve Williams

Watching the Broncos vs Cowboys yesterday in a very exciting game and seeing Romo throw that interception after over 500 yards of passing offense proves he still can't be labeled a winner. Much more however is that at this point in the season and barring injuries I just don't see any team in the league other than the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning was unbelievable yesterday where he came out and answered every challenge thrown at him by the Cowboys and won the game 51-48

The only team close is the Seahawks but IMO the difference is the maturity and playing experience of the 2 quarterbacks but it could easily be these two teams in the Super Bowl as the Seahawks again on the road beat the Colts to stay undefeated

49ers went through the motions yesterday to beat Houston but Kaepernick looked mediocre when finally the running game seemed to win the game behind Frank Gore

I wonder how the 49ers must be feeling at watching Alex Smith behind the coaching of Andy Reid to remain undefeated at 5-0

mep

Apr 20, 2010
What yo talkin' about Willis? Seattle was beaten yesterday by the Colts.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
That was a hell of a game yesterday between Denver and the Cowboys. Romo was almost a hero, but as we all know, there is a fine line between being a hero and being a zero. What a shoot-out! I don't know if Peyton has ever been in any better form than he is now.

Steve Williams

That was a hell of a game yesterday between Denver and the Cowboys. Romo was almost a hero, but as we all know, there is a fine line between being a hero and being a zero. What a shoot-out! I don't know if Peyton has ever been in any better form than he is now.

I agree. Peyton is playing at an unbelievable quarterback rating

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing