Bragging Rights Begin In Week 2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just noticed that the Seahawks remain in the number one and the 49ers in the number 3 position so this Sunday's game between the two teams in Seattle should make for interesting bragging rights as to who is number one in the power rankings.

The Seahawks looked tentative last weekend in pulling off the win whereas the 49ers had no trouble putting away their arch rival Packers but this game on Sunday portends to be a big one

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I just noticed that the Seahawks remain in the number one and the 49ers in the number 3 position so this Sunday's game between the two teams in Seattle should make for interesting bragging rights as to who is number one in the power rankings.

The Seahawks looked tentative last weekend in pulling off the win whereas the 49ers had no trouble putting away their arch rival Packers but this game on Sunday portends to be a big one

The Seahawks' 12th man is going to try and set the record for loudest stadium, currently 131.76 dB. Have the DVR set. We are dumb enough to attend the Valerie June concert in Ballard that evening. Traffic should be interesting. Hopefully the restaurants should be empty...

I remain an optimistic but nervous Seahawks fan...

Steve Williams

The Seahawks' 12th man is going to try and set the record for loudest stadium, currently 131.76 dB. Have the DVR set. We are dumb enough to attend the Valerie June concert in Ballard that evening. Traffic should be interesting. Hopefully the restaurants should be empty...

I remain an optimistic but nervous Seahawks fan...

regardless of outcome it promises to be a terrific game.

I remain an optimistic but nervous 49ers fan :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

i agree the 49r's did look more impressive week 1....and cannot question the optimism.

OTOH the defensive backfield of the Packers pretty much sucks; they are small and ordinary and the 49r recievers ran free most of the game. i somehow expect that the Seahawks defensive backs will have more to say about the result. and the Seahawks running game should put more pressure on the 49r defense than the Packers ruinning game.

can the Seahawks pass rush put more pressure on Capernick with the help of the 12th man?

that is the question. we know what happened last time in our place.;)

Steve Williams

i agree the 49r's did look more impressive week 1....and cannot question the optimism.

OTOH the defensive backfield of the Packers pretty much sucks; they are small and ordinary and the 49r recievers ran free most of the game. i somehow expect that the Seahawks defensive backs will have more to say about the result. and the Seahawks running game should put more pressure on the 49r defense than the Packers ruinning game.

can the Seahawks pass rush put more pressure on Capernick with the help of the 12th man?

that is the question. we know what happened last time in our place.;)

it does get loud there Mike

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
It should be a great game. The Seahawks did not look great last week but still got the job done on the road. The Panthers defense was pretty tough and made for a boring game. The Niners/Packers game was much more fun to watch.

This game could decide who wins the division this year.

Sean

Steve Williams

49ers vs. Seahawks 2013 odds: Seattle holds home-field advantage, is narrow favorite

By James Brady, SB Nation

The Seattle Seahawks are narrow favorites over the San Francisco 49ers in their Week 2 matchup.

The San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks will battle in an NFC West rivalry matchup in Week 2. Some consider it a contest pitting the two best teams in the NFL up against one another. But the team generally considered to be the best right now, San Francisco, is not favored to win.

Seattle opened up as a three-point favorite earlier in the week, according to OddsShark. The line has moved slightly at some books, narrowing to 2.5-points in favor of the Seahawks, but it's unlikely to reach even money by Sunday.

Such a small line is almost always in favor of the home team, and that is true in this case. On top of that generally being the case, the Seahawks themselves usually get quite a boost from their home-field advantage, given that they haven't lost there in some time. They're always a tough out in that stadium.

Both teams are stacked on each side of the ball, so this should be a close one. With an over/under of about 43 points as well, it will definitely be interesting to see how the final score looks. Both teams have solid defenses.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Seahawks fans broke the previous world record of nearly 132 decibels, set in 2011 during a soccer match in Turkey, then broke their own record - setting the new mark of 136.6 decibels.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Steve

I can understand your disappointment but wouldn't say the team showed nothing. The Seahawks defense is as stout as advertised and as whole the're for real. It also showed that the league is finding ways to contend the new-breed of running QBs. They must learn how to throw in the pocket. It's true that RGIII has been his old self but the option-plays QBs team haven't fared too well the past two weeks. They still can escape better than lead-footed QBs a-la P. Manning or Tom Brady (both have been their usual stellar BTW) ... This season is so far great... Of course I am disappointed with my G-men being 0-2 but we, Giants fan are so used to it :(

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Without Crabtree, the 49er's have a huge match up problem with Seattle. Their receivers can't get any separation from the best defensive backfield in the game and the Seahawks are able to match San Francisco physically. If Harvin comes back for the Seahawks....

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
To me they showed nothing Frantz. All in all I found it a boring game regardless of the winner

yes, but the question is 'why was it boring?'

my take on that is that it was boring becuase the Niner running game was toothless for the second week in a row, and the Seahawks secondary, unlike the pussie Packers secondary, played tough man to man and shut down the Niner passing game. all the Niners had was KP's scrambling. since they couldn't score, there was no drama and it became boring.

if the Niners win the rubber match in SF then this game by itself won't be that big a deal. but other teams will see that the Niners can't run and have no speed with their recievers and that could be a problem for the Niners in the meantime. and you have the Niner's fastest remaining reciever, Vernon Davis, with a hamstring pull....who knows how serious it is but it cannot help.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

yes, but the question is 'why was it boring?'

my take on that is that it was boring becuase the Niner running game was toothless for the second week in a row, and the Seahawks secondary, unlike the pussie Packers secondary, played tough man to man and shut down the Niner passing game. all the Niners had was KP's scrambling. since they couldn't score, there was no drama and it became boring.

if the Niners win the rubber match in SF then this game by itself won't be that big a deal. but other teams will see that the Niners can't run and have no speed with their recievers and that could be a problem for the Niners in the meantime. and you have the Niner's fastest remaining reciever, Vernon Davis, with a hamstring pull....who knows how serious it is but it cannot help.

everything you say is right on Mike. We shall see but in all honesty other than a few plays, IMO the Seahawks also did not show anything exciting and certainly not what I call a Super Bowl contender (at least not based on yesterday's game)

FWIW the entire 49ers offense was toothless

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
everything you say is right on Mike. We shall see but in all honesty other than a few plays, IMO the Seahawks also did not show anything exciting and certainly not what I call a Super Bowl contender (at least not based on yesterday's game)

i agree that the Seahawks have issues too. our passing game was poor, mostly due to an excellent pass rush by the Niners and conservative game plan. we were saved by a solid running game.

i do think that overall Wilson looked more in control and composed than Keapernick, and if had had to score more and get more agressive he could have. when the Seahawks defense clearly had the Niners smothered i'm guessing that the Seahawks got more conservative with their approach.

as far as Keapernick i think there are questions......he is clearly a physical freak as far as size and speed.....amazing actually.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

I agree with Mike

But don't miss the point: Both teams have very good defense. The Seahawks defense is better and their offense was enough to overcome the niners.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing