Trinity DAC

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
This photo was taken when I was testing a Totaldac usb cable with the Trinity DAC last month.

How did you like the TotalDAC D1 USB cable with the Trinity ?

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Maybe because Audioexotics, the HK Trinity dealer is also the Tripoint official dealer.

BTW there is a similar groundbox port on the Trinity Media PC!

And there are two such ground ports on the trinity phono. For both AC ground and DC ground.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
How did you like the TotalDAC D1 USB cable with the Trinity ?

I like the Totaldac USB Cable very much.
After listened to many other brands/models (some of which were 2-3 times more expensive), Totaldac is the usb cable selected for my MSB IV Plus dac.
I took it to my friend's Trinity system just to confirm my findings.
In summary, Vincent of Totaldac is able to make an USB cable that carries the house sound of Totaldac : great musicality without sacrificing any of the "hifi elements" such as resolution, soundstaging/imaging, dynamics ...etc.
IMHO it's the best usb cable in its price-range.

20140812_211407.jpg

vjayh

May 19, 2012
And there are two such ground ports on the trinity phono. For both AC ground and DC ground.

Yes, I see them on my Trinity Phono. Was wondering which one (AC or DC) to use to go to the Tripoint.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, I see them on my Trinity Phono. Was wondering which one (AC or DC) to use to go to the Tripoint.

Hi vjayh,

Please share with us after you have compared the different connection config between your Trinity Phono and Tripoint.
A friend of mine will set up his LP combo soon and he also has the Trinity Phono and a Tripoint.

Many thanks in advance!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Thanks. Just ordered the TotalDAC cable.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I have to say, that Totaldac USB cable is just stunning. I have two highly regarded USB cables at home, each costing roughly twice as much as this one (both in $1000 range), and the Totaldac cable is clearly superior.

Totaldac cable sounds more natural, with more body and weight to the sound, with much better rendering of the images as 3D objects floating in space. Other cables sound flat and bright in comparision.

I have to say, that I'm tempted to open up the box on the cable. AFAIK it uses some kind of active filter, that basicly firewalls the computer from the computer noise. It certailny sounds like one. Highly recommended !

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I have to say, that Totaldac USB cable is just stunning. I have two highly regarded USB cables at home, each costing roughly twice as much as this one (both in $1000 range), and the Totaldac cable is clearly superior.
Totaldac cable sounds more natural, with more body and weight to the sound, with much better rendering of the images as 3D objects floating in space. Other cables sound flat and bright in comparision.
I have to say, that I'm tempted to open up the box on the cable. AFAIK it uses some kind of active filter, that basicly firewalls the computer from the computer noise. It certailny sounds like one. Highly recommended !

Hi Adam,

Glad that you like the Totaldac USB cable too.

IMHO it's a giant killer! One of the best accessories I ever have.
I compared it with a French and a famous and popular USA usb cables, both >2X price of Totaldac. The Totaldac is the obvious winner.

BTW the Totaldac Ethernet Cable is also outstanding and possesses the natural musicality which is the house sound of Totaldac.
It shall be very suitable for CAS audiophiles that use NAS.

Cheers,
CK

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The Trinity media pc and Trinity dac remain the best cd-combo I have heard so far by a wide margin. However, in the beginning of next year I will give a new, that is not yet launched, dsd dac a serious listen. This mystery dac will be able to play inter alia dsd 128 and dsd 256. This gives me the opportunity to listen to some dsd recordings such as Channel Classics recordings in their native format. So far I am extremely happy with the pcm files played trough the Trinity combo, so it is not my intention at all to get rid of this Trinity combo. Far from it, I will remain a very happy Trinity owner for many years to come. But I am curious to find out how good dsd really is. For now I will leave you guessing about this new mystery dac.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Trinity media pc and Trinity dac remain the best cd-combo I have heard so far by a wide margin. However, in the beginning of next year I will give a new, that is not yet launched, dsd dac a serious listen. This mystery dac will be able to play inter alia dsd 128 and dsd 256. This gives me the opportunity to listen to some dsd recordings such as Channel Classics recordings in their native format. So far I am extremely happy with the pcm files played trough the Trinity combo, so it is not my intention at all to get rid of this Trinity combo. Far from it, I will remain a very happy Trinity owner for many years to come. But I am curious to find out how good dsd really is. For now I will leave you guessing about this new mystery dac.

Hi Audiocrack,

Yes, your Trinity Media PC + DAC combo must be wonderful!

Do you want to improve their performance further?
In Hong Kong, Trinity Media PC owners are using Pranawire Linebacker Extreme with it for power-conditioning.
The Media PC inevitably gives out emf noise into the powerline. The Linebacker Extreme improves the performance of the MediaPC/the whole system significantly. Very expensive but most users think that the money is well spent.
I auditioned two of such systems and totally agree that Linebacker Extreme is a worthwhile upgrade path for Trinity PC+DAC combo.

Last edited:

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
I disagree. CH Precision C1 with X1 power supply sounded faster and more like real music when I demo'd it against Trinity. The Trinity was sweet sounding but had no impact
and weight in comparison. CH also sounded better on lower volumes. Just my opinion and a matter of taste....

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I disagree. CH Precision C1 with X1 power supply sounded faster and more like real music when I demo'd it against Trinity. The Trinity was sweet sounding but had no impact
and weight in comparison. CH also sounded better on lower volumes. Just my opinion and a matter of taste....

Redsquare,

It would be nice to have your system listed in the signature or your forum page or a short description of the system you used for this demo. IMHO such opinions without a proper framework are meaningless.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013

Redsquare, you are in the wrong thread. In here, Trinity DAC is God and cannot be criticised. I have personally listened to Trinity and found it comparable to the best DAC. I think at this level, DAC is a matter of taste and system synergy.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Hi Audiocrack,

In Hong Kong, Trinity Media PC owners are using Pranawire Linebacker Extreme with it for power-conditioning.
The Media PC inevitably gives out emf noise into the powerline. The Linebacker Extreme improves the performance of the MediaPC/the whole system significantly. Very expensive but most users think that the money is well spent.
I auditioned two of such systems and totally agree that Linebacker Extreme is a worthwhile upgrade path for Trinity PC+DAC combo.

Trinity media PC is simply a PC with Windows operating systems in a customised case running customised software. It is quite expensive. I thought it has well thought power supply. If it gives out so much noise and needs an expensive conditioner to function best, why don't one build a low noise PC like CAPs running much wider choice of software like JRiver or JPlay. It is much cheaper.
I have been demoed the Trinity PC before. The interface is laughable and half cooked. Just want to say there is a simply better way to connect to Trinity DAC.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Trinity media PC is simply a PC with Windows operating systems in a customised case running customised software. It is quite expensive. I thought it has well thought power supply. If it gives out so much noise and needs an expensive conditioner to function best, why don't one build a low noise PC like CAPs running much wider choice of software like JRiver or JPlay. It is much cheaper.
I have been demoed the Trinity PC before. The interface is laughable and half cooked. Just want to say there is a simply better way to connect to Trinity DAC.

Please explain what is 'laughable' and 'half cooked' about the interface of Trinity.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

Did you listen to the Trinity combo? And were they connected through single ended or balanced cables?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack,

Thanks much for you info. Can you explain in more detail please what the linebacker extreme brings extra to the table, that is in what way did it improve the performance of the Trinity combo?

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Please explain what is 'laughable' and 'half cooked' about the interface of Trinity.

Do not really want to start an argument with you. You are the one who cannot stand any negative comments on any Trinity products. Just do investigation on JRiver, LMS, Lumin, Aurrender or future Devialet server to understand proper interface.

To you, the interface is perfect. To me, it is laughable. There is freedom of speech. I do not need to explain to you.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Do not really want to start an argument with you. You are the one who cannot stand any negative comments on any Trinity products. Just do investigation on JRiver, LMS, Lumin, Aurrender or future Devialet server to understand proper interface.

To you, the interface is perfect. To me, it is laughable. There is freedom of speech. I do not need to explain to you.

This is a rather strange and hostile reaction. If you look carefully at my various posts on the WBF you will notice that I am fine with different opinions. If you prefer other brands to Trinity, of course that is up to you. You made some bold negative comments, so once again I ask you to explain to everybody why.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Audio Crack do you have any internal photographs of the dac or the audio pc?

Keith.

Sorry Keith, but I am pretty sure Dietmar would not appreciate it when I would put some photo's of the inside of the Trinity dac or Trinity media pc on the internet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing