The way to go

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I used to have an Emm Labs Switchman III pre-amp in my stack and I used to run the Apogee through it via balanced interconnects.

I sold my Emm Labs gear and now I go straight from the Apogee to the amplifiers via balanced interconnects.

I cannot hear a difference.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I finally got my music server upgraded (qSonix) so that it can now process the 24/192 files and am wondering who might be able to recommend some good music to purchase from Reference Recordings or HD Tracks or ???

We have done almost all of the hi-rez HDtracks transfers for them and will have to say you really can't go wrong with any one. The PentaTone, Chandos, MDG and Classic labels are pretty awesome.

Regards,

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Getting downloaded music onto my music server.

Once I download hi rez music to my computer, I need to get it onto either a CD, DVD or USB Stick to transfer to my music server. Any special things I need to know either using a Mac or PC? Any special software?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Once I download hi rez music to my computer, I need to get it onto either a CD, DVD or USB Stick to transfer to my music server. Any special things I need to know either using a Mac or PC? Any special software?
Use whatever is convenient. There is no special requirement here. I would use USB stick because it is the easiest and capacity the highest (assuming you have a large one). Just copy the files to it and back off on the target machine.

rrr

May 17, 2010
Use whatever is convenient. There is no special requirement here. I would use USB stick because it is the easiest and capacity the highest (assuming you have a large one). Just copy the files to it and back off on the target machine.

Computer to computer transfers are much easier via a LAN. Is there some reason you are not using this?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Computer to computer transfers are much easier via a LAN. Is there some reason you are not using this?
I wasn't the one asking the question :). He asked which one of the methods he listed (CD, DVD or USB flash) would work and I picked the easiest one. But sure, networking is also a convenient option if it is set up.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing