Entreq Tellus grounding

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Thank you Spirit and Barry for your kind messages but the best of every message is to support freedom in our own environment and in every way even if we are not ok on what the other thinks, writes, draws or say. terrible things happen all along human history and the world keep going and that is the way it has to be.
I don't want this audiophile discussion go out of what it is so please keep speaking hi fi.
Many thanks

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I had a talk with Per Olof Friberg about the next Olympus. Interesting. Promising. Things are not ready for publishing until a few weeks. I don't want to say more because this communication must be controlled by himself or his reps under his control. I don't think he has time to read forums speech so we should encourage his reps to ask him to post some informations that all of us Entreq followers are waiting for the horse mouth.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm due the Olympos for trial v.soon, and will disclose what the UK rep is happy for me to say. Just user comments for the time being.
Tbh, I think it would help the skeptics and naysayers out there to have something concrete re engineering to talk about, esp since Troy is unlikely ever to reveal it's secrets. We'll see, I'll keep at it.
Better to tease us re some info at least rather than stay consciously zipped up!

I'm due the Olympos for trial v.soon, and will disclose what the UK rep is happy for me to say. Just user comments for the time being.
Tbh, I think it would help the skeptics and naysayers out there to have something concrete re engineering to talk about, esp since Troy is unlikely ever to reveal it's secrets. We'll see, I'll keep at it.
Better to tease us re some info at least rather than stay consciously zipped up!

Believe me you will never get more information on how it works, but just maybe you will bother to hear one.

As I said, I was able to get a demonstration of the Silver Tellus at the Consumer Electronic Show and hear its benefit. I will say that the benefit of the Tripoint Troy Signature with three of the new Thor SE shielded grounding cables is far greater. Of course, there still may be additional benefits with both in ones system.

Is the Olympos just heavier than the Tellus?

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
"I'm referring to the company's new PranaWire Linebacker XE ($12,500), an in-line passive power filter with what it's designer, Joe Cohen of The Lotus Group, calls two stages of passive filtering materials and a "super enhanced" ground plane. The "massively damped" unit plugs directly into your device's power cable via a custom-treated Oyaide FI IEC inlet, and connects to your power source via an integral 1.5 PranaWire Cosmos power cable.
The Linebacker XE, which weighs 30 lbs, can treat either individual components or an entire system. The ground plane is a massive plate of pure silver that is tuned with a Duelund cast-silver capacitor."

http://www.stereophile.com/content/pranawire-scores-touchdown

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jeez, Linebacker XE $12500 PER COMPONENT!!!, and I 'm sure you have to add the cost of the additional power cord. That's beyond even Emperor pricing (8 components grounded for $70k).

Jeez, Linebacker XE $12500 PER COMPONENT!!!, and I 'm sure you have to add the cost of the additional power cord. That's beyond even Emperor pricing (8 components grounded for $70k).

Nothing but misinformation in this post. The Pranawire top version costs $8950 and can take many power cords into a power strip which is plugged into it. It also is not a grounding unit; it is a ac line filter. Similarly the Emperor and Troys are grounding units with the first having 8 binding posts and the second 3. Presently I have one of the new and far superior Thor SE shielded power cords on my Troy and five other grounding Silver grounding cables.

The Entreq is neither a grounding unit nor an ac line filter.

Your prices per component are grossly incorrect. You are doing a disservice to Entreq as well as Pranawire and Tripoint.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
"I'm referring to the company's new PranaWire Linebacker XE ($12,500), an in-line passive power filter with what it's designer, Joe Cohen of The Lotus Group, calls two stages of passive filtering materials and a "super enhanced" ground plane. The "massively damped" unit plugs directly into your device's power cable via a custom-treated Oyaide FI IEC inlet, and connects to your power source via an integral 1.5 PranaWire Cosmos power cable.
The Linebacker XE, which weighs 30 lbs, can treat either individual components or an entire system. The ground plane is a massive plate of pure silver that is tuned with a Duelund cast-silver capacitor."

http://www.stereophile.com/content/pranawire-scores-touchdown

TBG, just quoting info from Mauidan's post, so I'm not the person to criticise re misinformation. Maybe take up quoted prices w/him.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
TBG, from the picture posted on the link from Mauidan, and the pics on the Lotus Hifi site, the Linebacker XE looks like it takes a single component. And the comments on the AE forum talk about guys only able to afford/get hold of one or two to plug in one or two components, and having to prioritise. But I apologise if I have misinterpreted this.
Tbh, I'm getting a little tired of your sniffy attitude twds me. An interesting irony that Miguel of Troy and I made an amicable peace/ceasefire on his Audiogon thread before it was pulled, but you feel the need to cast aspersions of deliberate misinformation upon me, and stoke up the bad feeling. Maybe before you accuse me of being unfair on Troy you should look at your own brand of misinformation in asserting S. Tellus was less than 10lb in weight. When multiple sources state it's over 50lb, not a peep from you.
But I'm most dismayed by your unilateral declaration that Entreq is NOT GROUNDING. Please don't confuse y'self that this is fact. This assertion is nothing more than your OPINION, and just that, your OPINION. Oh, I forgot as you previously said, you're only interested in your own OPINION. Don't let me deflect you from that.
Until Entreq, Troy, Pranawire etc etc reveal a bit more about their tech, all is conjecture. For all we know, all these products may work in ways we really don't envisage fully, it's hard for exact conclusions can be drawn.
But until more tech secrets are revealed, we're happy here to settle for Entreq to be described as a grounding solution, despite your best efforts to the contrary.
I tip my hat to Per Olof and Entreq to have made such excellent inroads into the US market that the negative anti-Entreq comments have to be so vociferous.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay guys, let's take it back down a notch or two. No posts will be deleted but let's all take a deep breath and remember that we should be having fun learning, sharing ideas and observations on this forum. Arguing is not only against the TOS but it is a turn off to potential new members as well. Let's just lighten up the conversation a bit, shall we?

Tom

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'll be the first to draw a breath Tom, I know how hard it is for you moderators to keep us unruly types under the thumb :eek:!
Tbh, the purpose of me starting this thread was to enlighten others to the role of grounding and Entreq's pivotal part in this in my system. I'm still happy to do so, w/my Olympos Minimus and Silver Cleanus trials next week. TBG I'm sure is happy to do so on Troy's behalf. But I'll stick up for Entreq being a grounding solution, until the tech for all purported grounding solutions is dispassionately compared, and Entreq is proved not to be. Troy plugging into the mains and Entreq not, is not definitive proof that Entreq is not grounding since Silver Cleanus plugs into the mains and connects back to Silver Tellus, hence Entreq has a mains plug component.
But since none out of Troy, Entreq, Pranawire etc is going to be forthcoming about tech, this differentiation on grounding/not grounding will remain conjecture.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) But I'm most dismayed by your unilateral declaration that Entreq is NOT GROUNDING. Please don't confuse y'self that this is fact. This assertion is nothing more than your OPINION, and just that, your OPINION.(...)

IMHO, strictly speaking Entreq is not grounding. They solve problems that conventional domestic electrical grounding can not. Most of what people debate on these matters is just semantics, as electrical grounding by definition means a direct physical connection to the Earth. In this sense the word should not be applied to Entreq products. But ground can be also interpreted as a reference voltage plane or as something that sinks unwanted signals - them we can think the word is appropriate to describe Entreq products. Again all IMHO!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, Microstrip, by this definition, if we cant strictly describe Entreq as grounding can we describe Troy as grounding? Or Pranawire?
I have said to the UK distributor that maybe grounding as a term is a double-edged sword, creating equal confusion re the literal definition of electrical grounding v the fact that Entreq certainly seems to "ground" component borne nasties to the "ground box". No doubt the literalists may be put off by nomenclature.
What would a reasonable alternative definition be? Would need to be a snappy one word punchline. For the foreseeable, grounding still sums up enough of what Entreq does w/out being totally inaccurate.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Okay guys, let's take it back down a notch or two. No posts will be deleted but let's all take a deep breath and remember that we should be having fun learning, sharing ideas and observations on this forum. Arguing is not only against the TOS but it is a turn off to potential new members as well. Let's just lighten up the conversation a bit, shall we?

Tom

Agreed. This feud is getting ridiculous...how about talking about Entreq implementation and perceived benefits ???....sic "Entreq Tellus grounding"

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
So, Microstrip, by this definition, if we cant strictly describe Entreq as grounding can we describe Troy as grounding? Or Pranawire?
I have said to the UK distributor that maybe grounding as a term is a double-edged sword, creating equal confusion re the literal definition of electrical grounding v the fact that Entreq certainly seems to "ground" component borne nasties to the "ground box". No doubt the literalists may be put off by nomenclature.
What would a reasonable alternative definition be? Would need to be a snappy one word punchline. For the foreseeable, grounding still sums up enough of what Entreq does w/out being totally inaccurate.

I am only referring to Entreq, as I never did any research on the other brands and currently do not intend to do it. I think that Entreq devices work like electromagnetic black holes at specific electromagnetic microwave wavelenghts - the idea was proved to work in 2009, although as far as as I know this device operated at 18 GHz. http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.2159

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christian, I will report on my findings w/Olympos Minimus to ground my Audion Quattro dual mono linestage separate from my existing S. Tellus and how it compares wrt all grounded as is via the S. Tellus, the Silver Cleanus plugged into my balanced mains transformer and grounded via an Apollo back to the S. Tellus. If trial allows, I'll then compare this to spreading all the grounding over two S. Tellus', and I may give Atlantis Tellus add-on grounding another go.
But it's Olympos and S. Cleanus I'm most curious about.
Trial at end of next wk.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I'm especially expecting what the Cleanus can bring to an already so well trated mains. Don't know if some on the forum have had an experience sith the Cleanus and how it works. Very curious abiut it. Maybe the Entreq reps can help here ?

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq Olympus

Is the Olympos just heavier than the Tellus?

No, the Silver Tellus is heavier. I just weighed the Olympus in its thin plywood inner shipping case; 30 pounds 6 oz. So the Olympus is a little more than half the weight of a Silver Tellus.

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing