Entreq Tellus grounding

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Box count sure gets out of hand with all the add ons . Was wondering how the Atlanitis cable best connects at the TellUS end ? Both spades on one post or then separate posts .

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Jazzhead, I guess Troy might be considered more streamlined in this respect. Two S. Tellus' can support 14 grounding leads, maybe more. If I stack S. Tellus>Atlantis>S. Tellus, this will be 12" x 8" x 18", and can sit behind the rack well out of the way. S. Tellus connects to Atlantis box via a single spade-spade ground cable.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Spirit , should have specified Atlantis Earth cable to S TellUS .... What's optimum , spades on separate posts or then both on one post ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
JazzH, the S. Tellus has 4 ground posts, each of which can support 2 Apollo or Atlantis ground leads, so a potential total of 8 components, 7 if one uses an Atlantis umbilical from the S. Tellus to the Atlantis add-on box. That's the manufacturer's instruction, but there may be scope for 3 leads per terminal, esp. w/use of the additional grounding of the Atlantis box. Ground leads all have spades at one end, since this is the only connection to the S. Tellus, then choice of spade/balanced/unbalanced at the other end depending on the connection into chosen component.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Maybe third time lucky , Ertha Atlantis bifurcates into two spades at the TellUS end .... So was wondering ?? LL will know , he has them on separate posts if I remember correct .

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Maybe third time lucky , Ertha Atlantis bifurcates into two spades at the TellUS end .... So was wondering ?? LL will know , he has them on separate posts if I remember correct .

You can have them on the same grounding post - in fact that's how the Entreq distributor installed the Atlantis cables in my system... I've just checked at the back on my Silver Tellus box. I don't think it makes any difference, it's certainly never come up in any discussion.

Guillaume

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

The Atlantis box comes with the spade terminated Atlantis cables for connection to two silver Tellus as you say. On my two Silver Tellus the ground cables are spades at the Tellus end and RCA at the components as my 3 balanced connections on the Vitus SIA 025 and on my sources are all used for the balanced Entreq Apollo i/cs. I did have an Atlantis xlr ground on the MD 108T prior to arrival of the balanced Apollo i/cs and am currently awaiting delivery of the unbalanced replacement. The speaker cables are grounded to a silver Minimus and the amplifiers and sources are are separated between the two Silver Tellus.
With an Atlantis box the capacity of the Silver Tellus is increased so 8 earth leads per Tellus should be no problem at all.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, in my experience:

1. Try not to mix Tripoint cables and Entreq cables on same binding post.
2. I split the ends of the Atlantis on 2 different binding posts...definitely clearer
3. I am told its even ideal not to mix Atlantis and Apollo on same binding post...I agree I think...but have run out of binding posts! 14 connections on 3 binding posts. Fortunately, it works extremely well.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope that helps.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
In fact, I am told the Atlantis cable being split in 2 was a specific design decision...and I am told by Distributor to ideally put 1 spade on each bindng post if possible. All I know is, it works in my system.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hey Jazzhead - Are you going to audition?

Nope ... I ll wait and watch what Guru LL has to say , when he eventually does try one ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Nope ... I ll wait and watch what Guru LL has to say , when he eventually does try one ;)

;) the thought had crossed my mind, but they don't offer UK outlets, and right now, I am happy with TA Ref Power Conditioner.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just an update on the q re unshielded Entreq ground leads. It looks like I was indeed mistaken stating no issues. My AV installer who has 20/20 hearing was aware of hum, actually hum I'd pretty much got used too. We proceeded to disconnect all the ground leads, re route my Sablon PCs avoiding as much crossing over/interaction w/ic's and spkr cables, and away from my SET transformers. Hum much reduced. Re connected the Apollo leads, and hum increased. So now I've resited the S. Tellus ground box centrally on the ground in front of my rack, and run the Apollos under the rack and up the back to each component, avoiding all interaction w/PCs. Voila - hum not re introduced.
Then proceeded to have a real Eureka moment. My trusty Burmester 948 conditioner has been gathering dust for 5 years since I went down the balanced power route, but I've never got 'round to selling it. Thank the Lord now. My AV guy suggested I run my SET monoblocks and Zu sub amps direct into the transformer, the Burmester into a spare outlet on it, and my preamp/tt psu/cdp/av extension mutisoicket off the Burmester, NOT direct off the transformer.
Wow, yet another massive step twds Nirvana. Hum reduced, so all the benefits of reduced noise floor, w/a real increase in speed/dynamics.
This is such a revelation, that I'm making a big decision pretty much to step off the power/grounding upgrade merry-go-'round. I love my journey to this point, Entreq and Westwick (now w/Burmester) having transformed my system. But I really feel I'm getting a level of performance such that I'm not driven to investigate more. My only curiosity remains a Cleanus to ground the mains, and poss a drip feed of Apollo to Atlantis cable upgrades.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Entreq Receivus pricing is now out and being distributed.
Lloyd. I recall you mentioning briefly your acquisition of a few Receivus and the benefits of an Apollo earth lead but unless I have missed a fuller post I don't recall a more extensive post on your experiences with them. Did you find greater benefits with some components plus further improvements with more, or were the benefits evenly distributed?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd. I recall you mentioning briefly your acquisition of a few Receivus and the benefits of an Apollo earth lead but unless I have missed a fuller post I don't recall a more extensive post on your experiences with them. Did you find greater benefits with some components plus further improvements with more, or were the benefits evenly distributed?

Hi Barry2013,

Yes, I held off until it was officially out and even the hints were only after getting permission to do so. I would consider the Receivus to do for amps, power conditioners, power supplies what the Entreq ground cables do for grounding signal.

I use 4...3 with Apollo cable and 1 with Atlantis cable. And note that I already signal-ground the Zanden DAC, but the Receivus plus Atlantis just continued to remove heretofore unknown grunge. Did great work with the Colosseum and Zanden Transport PSU.

Whatever an Atlantis cable does for signal via RCA connection, a Receivus has a similar affect when sitting atop equipment. It is that good.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, if my experience of the Burmester conditioner supplying only non-power components, fed into my transformer, the latter supplying only my power components, being a quantum leap fwd is likely to be the case w/others, you should audition the Powerus, which Fraser independently advised connecting up the same way as my Westwick/Burmester. I strongly suspect it'll be a winning combination, maybe more revealing than Atlantis add-on/Receivus.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry2013,

Yes, I held off until it was officially out and even the hints were only after getting permission to do so. I would consider the Receivus to do for amps, power conditioners, power supplies what the Entreq ground cables do for grounding signal.

I use 4...3 with Apollo cable and 1 with Atlantis cable. And note that I already signal-ground the Zanden DAC, but the Receivus plus Atlantis just continued to remove heretofore unknown grunge. Did great work with the Colosseum and Zanden Transport PSU.

Whatever an Atlantis cable does for signal via RCA connection, a Receivus has a similar affect when sitting atop equipment. It is that good.

Thanks Lloyd.
That is very helpful as ever.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Guys, if my experience of the Burmester conditioner supplying only non-power components...you should audition the Powerus... I strongly suspect it'll be a winning combination, maybe more revealing than Atlantis add-on/Receivus.

Could be...it all seems to start with power. It would be interesting to compare with the Transp Ref Power Conditioner with the Powerus Atlantis. hmmm...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Lloyd, I believe there are at least 3 levels of Powerus. Challenger Powerus at £3300 is prob the most appropriate price/performance model (esp. in my case where had I decked out my system w/Entreq PCs I would have gone Challenger), but at 2-3x the price Atlantis Powerus would be SOTA, and a great complement to an all-Atlantis loom.
My point is that a really radical impvt has been wrought from my system in separating power/non-power components, and if I didn't have the Burmester to hand, the Powerus would take that role. I have no doubts a Challenger Powerus may well outperform my Burmester, but the level of SQ I've got to, I'm really happy not to look beyond.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
As far as I understand the PowerUs is more of a distribution block which connects to a ground box and uses very high quality Furutech GTX-D fittings.

The CleanUs is a mains filter which can be used in conjunction with the PowerUs.

In my case seeing as I run separate circuits to each wall socket (Furutech GTX-D) I use two Cleanii (!) to connect to each socket feeding my two Devialet units (configured in dual mono).

In addition my Atlantis mains cables have earth drains (Atlantis earth cables) which connect to a Silver Telus box. I use US-style wall sockets and plugs which are therefore unfused.

Cheers

Guillaume

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing