Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Powerus from Entreq comes in increasingly expensive versions, depending on the tech of the fixed PC used and continued in the internal wiring. For most consumers, the Challenger Powerus is the likely choice, but one can go next for the Apollo version, or if you're esp flush, the Atlantis model (at more than 2x the price of the Challenger). These price variations are even more marked in Entreq's range of PCs/ICs/spkr cables.
The Cleanus comes in a couple of different versions, basic and Silver (2x the price).
IMHO, I believe the Challenger Powerus and Silver Cleanus is prob the best balance of price/performance.

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
I just bought last weekend Sliver Tellus and I can tell you that it s one of the very few non-component musical magic/vodoo item. What it does is just simply amazing I initially hooked up to preamplifier via spade connector than changed to RCA plug. The overall quiteness that is achieving is mind boggling. And than I have hooked metronome transport to the second outpour of the Silver Tellus.

I don't know about Troy but all I can say about Entreq is go ahead and buy blindfolded, it s a component that will give you more bang to your bucks.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I just bought last weekend Sliver Tellus and I can tell you that it s one of the very few non-component musical magic/vodoo item. What it does is just simply amazing I initially hooked up to preamplifier via spade connector than changed to RCA plug. The overall quiteness that is achieving is mind boggling. And than I have hooked metronome transport to the second outpour of the Silver Tellus.

I don't know about Troy but all I can say about Entreq is go ahead and buy blindfolded, it s a component that will give you more bang to your bucks.

Fantastic news, Emre!!! Glad to hear it!! I am a huge fan of Entreq and am glad to hear of other positive experiences. Yes, once it is in the system, my own experience is I don't want to take it out!!!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emre, welcome to the grounding club. I'd just get used to the big impvts via grounding these two components, and tentatively consider additional components one at a time. My initial phono experience was poor, and I nearly stuck at only preamp grounding, but am now up to 5 (poss 7 when my Zu sub amp modules modded w/ground posts get delivered/fitted).

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

That is great news Emre.
Replicates my first experience with the Tellus grounding box and subsequently built upon with now a Silver Minimus for the speaker cables, two Silver Tellus and an Atlantis.
I previously had Nordost Valhalla cabling but switched progressively to Entreq cables for sources and speakers . In addition to the ground cables from the components the i/cs and speaker cables are also grounded to the Silver Tellus/Minimus.
Per developed the cables initially for DCS components which was what persuaded me to try them and my latest addition has been three Apollo balanced i/cs for the Puccini, MD 108T and Whest phono stage . I am delighted with them and the other Entreq cables.
I find the sound much more natural sounding than with Nordost and just more right sounding.
If you have an opportunity now or in the future to audition those cables in your system I would certainly encourage you to do so.
In the meantime enjoy the Tellus.

Apexorca

Feb 15, 2014
Sweden
I'm happy to read that you all think that Entreq ground products is working very well. I'v nether heard their power conditioners thought. I'm Using IsoTek Super Titan evo3 and it's the best I'v heard so far. Together with Entreq silver minimus to my CD (MSB) and Pre amp (krell evo 202) and Power Amp (krell 402) it's realy doing a outstanding job.
But I thing that I will have some more Groundboxes from Entreq soon.

I can also tell you that Marten runs their reference system (Marten Coltrane supreme II and MSB source, MSB pre and Poweramps) with Entreq ground products. It's really doing a good job there to.

I think every system on this planet could sound better with Entreq ground products.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...Together with Entreq silver minimus to my CD (MSB) and Pre amp (krell evo 202) and Power Amp (krell 402) it's realy doing a outstanding job.
But I thing that I will have some more Groundboxes from Entreq soon.

I can also tell you that Marten runs their reference system (Marten Coltrane supreme II and MSB source, MSB pre and Poweramps) with Entreq ground products. It's really doing a good job there to.

I think every system on this planet could sound better with Entreq ground products.

Wow...I did not know that...quite interesting when professionals use stuff like this in their system. Thanks for that.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I'v nether heard their power conditioners

I've been using both their Silver and Atlantis CleanUs boxes and they are fantastic. I should add that these are passive filters, filtering the neutral and ground phases. I couldn't recommend them enough!

I agree with many of the sentiments being expressed in this thread. Entreq make extraordinary equipment that has changed the way I listen to music. Each time I add another Entreq component I get another big improvement, it just never stops giving! I'm a complete convert!

My latest discovery has been the new Entreq RJ45 cables which enable you to ground network equipment such as NAS, routers/switches... the improvements to the sound (from streaming) beggar belief!

Guillaume

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guillame, you may be the only respondent here using Cleanus, and it's fascinating to hear it's just as radical as S. Tellus, Atlantis etc. Damn, I'd love to save my hard earned :(. I can see w/my total of 7 components that can be grounded AND grounding my mains transformer, needing a Silver Cleanus to ground a spare socket on the transformer to my S. Tellus. That will then give me signal plane AND mains grounding.
In a few months when I undergo my next round of grounding upgrades, it'll be v.interesting to see where the biggest bang-for-buck will be: will it be all-Atlantis cables to up the ante on all-Apollos? S. Cleanus to ground the mains? Powerus to augment my transformer? All-Atlantis AND Atlantis add-on box? 2nd S. Tellus to separate <pre & phono & cdp (& poss Cleanus) grounding> from <SET monoblocks & twin Zu sub amps grounding>?.
Is it actually possible to do a-b comparisons on different combinations of grounding? I'm not sure, my initial exposure when I grounded solely the preamp (a-b was obviously to my existing as-was non-grounded system) was of a slow burn conversion, not the typical instant love/hate you get when swapping a component in/out.
I suspect I'll have to let each option wk it's magic (or not - handy if I want to stop spending my cash) for a fortnt, take it out and progress onto the next option, always rmembering to a-b back to how things are currently configured (S. Tellus/5-7 Apollos)

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Any detrimental effects of placing the Silver TellUS close to other gear , considering it is an unshielded design ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Don't think so, Jazzhead. W/pcs, ics, and now ground leads all sitting on top of each other in a cable madness at the back of my rack, haven't found any issues. The box itself is passive. In fact I've had my phono sitting on it (I guess could have been a problem), but no change in sound/performance since I moved it.
Lloyd has found impvts can be had from Stillpoints isolation.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Any detrimental effects of placing the Silver TellUS close to other gear , considering it is an unshielded design ?
Technically, you should keep Silver Tellus further away from what I have been told. Tripoint is shielded according to Miguel. That said, while I did not play with distances when I had the Silver Tellus/Atlantis...I also found them to be excellent in the equipment rack. YMMV.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

The advice I had was to avoid placing them on other components but apart from that they have sat happily in my racks with the amplifier (Vitus SIA 025) on a different rack.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The advice I had was to avoid placing them on other components but apart from that they have sat happily in my racks with the amplifier (Vitus SIA 025) on a different rack.

I've also heard that it's a good idea to keep power cables away from the ground cables; in one instance I heard about a power lead of a NAS (presumably unshielded) was touching an Atlantis ground cable that fed a high-end DAC (a Vivaldi I believe) and the effect wasn't good.

I have a separate rack for my Entreq gear... however I'm rapidly running out of space with two Silver Tellus and two CleanUS boxes! Does anyone on here know if it's ok to stack them? I'm guessing probably not... :(

I've come to the conclusion that using Entreq is a little like peeling an onion... as you peel back the layers (by installing additional Entreq components!) the sound gets clearer and quieter... yesterday I added a second CleanUs to my setup and I was astonished at the improvement... the sense of perspective seemed to deepen as the sound became more cavernous... and dark! Put a massive smile on my face! :)

By the way I'm told that the Entreq CleanUs is similar in approach to the Shunyata Triton/Typhon combo... with the CleanUs connecting to the Silver Telus ground box. The trouble is since I run my hi-fi on separate spurs/circuits fed by a dedicated CU/distribution board I need more than one of these!!!

Guillaume

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I reorganised my racks recently and placed the Silver Minimus on top of one of my two Silver Tellus with no problems.
I would think that it would be OK to stack your two Silver Tellus on top of each other and one Cleanus on top of the other Cleanus as the combinations are doing the same job, but not to mix the Tellus and Cleanus.
I imagine they are all better on separate shelves but at least in the interim I think the above configuration should not be a problem.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I reorganised my racks recently and placed the Silver Minimus on top of one of my two Silver Tellus with no problems.
I would think that it would be OK to stack your two Silver Tellus on top of each other and one Cleanus on top of the other Cleanus as the combinations are doing the same job, but not to mix the Tellus and Cleanus.
I imagine they are all better on separate shelves but at least in the interim I think the above configuration should not be a problem.

Yes, I had Atlantis on side and then stacked...do not recall ostensible difference. Admittedly, I was auditioning iterations of a few things and was not 'obsessing' about placement details since it was all on floor or on Stillpoints. That said, I CAN confirm Stillpoints made a positive improvement on Atlantis.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guillaume, fascinating re the second Cleanus. I suspect this may be my next port of call, before upgrading Apollo cables to Atlantis/Atlantis box/separate S. Tellus' for power and source components.
Unlike you, I haven't gone for separate lines; I have a dedicated consumer unit into a single spur into a double socket. From one socket is plugged in my 10 outlet balanced power transformer, the other socket unused.
So, w/one line only, would you suggest a Cleanus at that unused socket ie right at the wall-spur; or at an unused socket on my transformer?
I do realise that whichever location I plug in Cleanus, I need to ground it back to my S. Tellus.

Rufus McDufus

Aug 14, 2013
I have a bog-standard CleanUs on my Silver Tellus. It's intriguing. You can't just plug in and notice an immediate difference. Like all grounding products it takes a while to start working well, but it is also very subtle. I noticed it more when I remove it, it just didn't seem right without it. I've tried various filters/conditioners and nothing's really done anything positive (most negative). I don't actually think my electricity supply is that bad, but the CleanUs really does something good and it was pretty decent value for money too. I just wish this stuff wasn't so big!

I tried a test ReceivUs a while back - Fraser from Kog produced this weird oval bit of wood, plugged into the Tellus and stuck it on top of the Devialet. It's subtle, but again effective. I can't quite remember the effect 100% but from memory there was more air between instruments, greater depth, and generally just more musical. It worked on top of the Devialet and had an even bigger effect (again from memory) on top of my MiND 180 streamer. It's crazy stuff. I'm hopefully going to get one at some point in the reasonably near future. The device is wooden and doesn't make electrical contact with the chassis of the hi-fi equipment. You can raise it above the equipment and still hear an effect, albeit diminished with distance.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Entreq Receivus pricing is now out and being distributed.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It seems that Atlantis is designed to be stacked w/S. Tellus. If I end up running two S. Tellus' into an Atalantis, I'll attempt stacking all 3 units vertically, and keep Cleanus separate. Will aim to use Symposium Rollerblocks isolation under these boxes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing