Entreq Tellus grounding

Rufus McDufus

Aug 14, 2013
Has anyone compared the Minimus directly against a Tellus? And the silver versions of each? I have just a Moon MiND streamer and Devialet 170 and am wondering if it's worth the outlay for the Tellus bearing in mind I'd only be using one binding post? I guess I do get the option to attach the speakers too with a Tellus, but again not sure how much extra benefit that would give.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Has anyone compared the Minimus directly against a Tellus? And the silver versions of each? I have just a Moon MiND streamer and Devialet 170 and am wondering if it's worth the outlay for the Tellus bearing in mind I'd only be using one binding post? I guess I do get the option to attach the speakers too with a Tellus, but again not sure how much extra benefit that would give.

Sorry, cannot say I have. That said, I have heard Silver Tellus, Atlantis, and the little box...just not in direct, careful shoot-out style. My impression was the Atlantis cable made much more of a positive impression on me than the Atlantis box...but when you combine Atlantis box with Atlantis cable, THAT is when I realized what the Atlantis box is for. As for the Tellus box...we tried an Atlantis cable direct. When we then attached the Atlantis direct to my system with a Tellus box, it made a nice improvement...but again not as much as the Atlantis cable itself.

not your question....I appreciate that...but I guess all I am saying is the Atlantis cable was a bigger improvement than the Tellus box.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

I started with the Tellus and soon after a Silver Minimus for the speaker cables. The benefits in sound quality were immediately apparent in my system. The Tellus was not big enough for my system so I upgraded it to the Silver Tellus which again improved the sound quality all round. I've recently purchased an Atlantis box currently connected to one of the Silver Tellus and will shortly take delivery of a new Atlantis double cable which will connect to both Silver Tellus. I should have started with the Silver Tellus and Silver Minimus - this was pre Atlantis box.The Silver Tellus has four binding posts which would serve your whole system and is much more cost effective than the Tellus and basic Minimus for the speakers. The Atlantis earth cables are very good but more than one can be too much for some systems and I am not sure how well they would work with the Devialet. I would suggest you start with the Silver Tellus and four Silver earth cables and try the Apollo or one Atlantis at a later date. If you have an Entreq dealer in your neck of the woods I am sure they would be happy to loan the Tellus etc for you to try in your system, or alternatively contact Fraser Robertson direct at Kog Audio who I am sure would be able to arrange that for you.
The lowering of the noise floor and overall improvement in fidelity is normally immediately apparent and once you have heard the improvement you cannot go back to the pre Entreq sound. I also use their cables and interconnects which make it even better.

catcando

Mar 26, 2014
Cambridge, UK
Hi
New here, so second post.

A bit of background on the system
I have a soundproof and acoustically treated dedicated listening room, about 25' X 15' X 9'.
The electrical supply, is a three phase, dedicated, separately metered supply. Each socket is individually wired from it's own circuit breaker, to a single unswitched wallplate.

The system is comprised of Magico V3s, Mark Levinson ML 432 power amp, Mark Levinson ML 326S preamp, Ayon Stealth DAC, and Ayon CDT transport.
All cables are Siltech; power cords, XLR interconnects, and speaker cables.
Equipment sits on a Finite Elemente rack, with all supported by Cerapucks.

Many who have been in the room, with previous systems, have thought it was overdamped, I think.
I do like listening from a distance; the speakers are about 10' apart, and I sit about 15' away.

The current system sounds very open, clean, fast, and generally, very good, with no apparent peaks or dips, or other nasties.

My approach to Entreq was throughthye UK distributor, and the typical approach of Silver Tellus, and two Apollo Rca leads. I wasn't bowled over, and thought things sounded a bit bright, and din't help the flow of music much.
As the Troy system attacks only the power earth, and not the signal earth, I thought trying that approach with the Entreq was worth a try.
As my budget is limited, we tried a Cleanus, Tellus, and three Apollo spade leads. I ran one cable from the Cleanus to the Tellus, and the other two went to the chassis of the preamp and DAC.
I thought there was a noticeable improvement in flow and timing. I then upgraded to the Silver Tellus, more improvement, and then an Atlantis spade from Cleanus to the Silver Tellus.
I thought that would be it, but I did try a couple of RCA leads on the preamp and DAC, and that improved detail and speed.
I don't know why, nor does Frazier and Per Olaff??, but the mains earth side seems to do more of what I want, than the signal side.
I can't afford a Silver Cleanus, or an Atlantis Tellus, or even more Atlantis cables, but I think if I could, attacking the mains earth does more of what I want, than the signal earths.

I preceded this session, a week before, with the Troy system, which was £20,000.

As it is a modular approach, and much more cost friendly, I feel the Entreq system gives you a real taste of the Troy, at affordable levels.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi
New here, so second post.

A bit of background on the system
I have a soundproof and acoustically treated dedicated listening room, about 25' X 15' X 9'.
The electrical supply, is a three phase, dedicated, separately metered supply. Each socket is individually wired from it's own circuit breaker, to a single unswitched wallplate.

The system is comprised of Magico V3s, Mark Levinson ML 432 power amp, Mark Levinson ML 326S preamp, Ayon Stealth DAC, and Ayon CDT transport.
All cables are Siltech; power cords, XLR interconnects, and speaker cables.
Equipment sits on a Finite Elemente rack, with all supported by Cerapucks.

Many who have been in the room, with previous systems, have thought it was overdamped, I think.
I do like listening from a distance; the speakers are about 10' apart, and I sit about 15' away.

The current system sounds very open, clean, fast, and generally, very good, with no apparent peaks or dips, or other nasties.

My approach to Entreq was throughthye UK distributor, and the typical approach of Silver Tellus, and two Apollo Rca leads. I wasn't bowled over, and thought things sounded a bit bright, and din't help the flow of music much.
As the Troy system attacks only the power earth, and not the signal earth, I thought trying that approach with the Entreq was worth a try.
As my budget is limited, we tried a Cleanus, Tellus, and three Apollo spade leads. I ran one cable from the Cleanus to the Tellus, and the other two went to the chassis of the preamp and DAC.
I thought there was a noticeable improvement in flow and timing. I then upgraded to the Silver Tellus, more improvement, and then an Atlantis spade from Cleanus to the Silver Tellus.
I thought that would be it, but I did try a couple of RCA leads on the preamp and DAC, and that improved detail and speed.
I don't know why, nor does Frazier and Per Olaff??, but the mains earth side seems to do more of what I want, than the signal side.
I can't afford a Silver Cleanus, or an Atlantis Tellus, or even more Atlantis cables, but I think if I could, attacking the mains earth does more of what I want, than the signal earths.

I preceded this session, a week before, with the Troy system, which was £20,000.

As it is a modular approach, and much more cost friendly, I feel the Entreq system gives you a real taste of the Troy, at affordable levels.

I am glad to read that you have tried the Entreq and had positive results as has been my experience.
I use an Audience Aspect passive power conditioner on all the mains leads which may well be having a positive benefit on the Entreq boxes and cables, but have you considered trying an Entreq Challenger power cable on the amp with or without the Cleanus. That might improve both the mains and the synergy with the Silver Tellus and earth leads. I am sure you have a high regard for your existing power cables but it would be worth trying.

1kitch

Apr 22, 2014
Hi, also new here and first post. Thought I could provide my two cents as to the grounding systems for the benefit of others as I am a convert and consider the systems to be a fundamental component of any system. A little background as to my familiarity with grounding which I inadvertently became aware of a few years ago when I was troubleshooting my satellite system and disconnected the ground lead from the house ground and noticed an improvement in the sound quality, which eventually led to going to home depot and purchasing a standard length of solid grounding cable as well as 5 or 6 ground rods which I then ran out in the backyard to increase the grounding field of the house ground. Being quite aware of the ground effects, I became very interested in the posts here and other forums by Spiritofmusic and decide to try the Silver Tellus with copper cables, and to make a long story short, am a very (VERY) strong convert. I then purchased a Tripoint troy and subsequently the atlantis ground box. Here is where my observations take a different direction from some others. For some reason my ARC Preamp does not like the Apollo cable but is magical with the copper RCA cable. My Bryston BDA-1 on the other hand sounds much better with the Apollo RCA cable, and hence my relucatance to go any further up the cable chain, and I also feel these could be homemaade without too much trouble if the RCA connectors could be sourced or made (possible clipping or drilling out the center from a standard plug) and the spades are readily available. Both the ARC and Bryston are on the Entreq and are magical. Tried them on the Tripoint and there was more resolution but much less body which led to troubleshotting and moving back to the Entreq when the magic returned, which can be described in other terms for those familiar with PS Audio balanced regenertor products as to what occurs when the voltage is reduced...more resolution...less body. Currently the Tripoint has the ML 2.1 ground spade leads attached and the entire system is pretty darn enjoyable. Someone previously commented in regard to what they prefer in relation to stillpoints, and in my opinion the stillpoints could go...the groundbox must stay as I consider it to be a fundamental element in my system as is an amp, preamp, or speaker.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have just come across a good review of Entreq grounding boxes and cables by Roy Gregory. It was done for Audio Beat dated May 2014.
A good and informative read but pre Atlantis and Apollos.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have just come across a good review of Entreq grounding boxes and cables by Roy Gregory. It was done for Audio Beat dated May 2014.
A good and informative read but pre Atlantis and Apollos.

Yes, a good read, though I personally found myself having to read and re-read it due to the number of iterations he ran! Very thorough. I generally found myself that Silver Tellus, Atlantis are superior...but in a few cases I did not mind Apollo at all, or in 1 or 2 cases (more in the AC wraps than the grounding)...I actually preferred the 'regular Entreq AC wraps' to their Silver ones.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes, a good read, though I personally found myself having to read and re-read it due to the number of iterations he ran! Very thorough. I generally found myself that Silver Tellus, Atlantis are superior...but in a few cases I did not mind Apollo at all, or in 1 or 2 cases (more in the AC wraps than the grounding)...I actually preferred the 'regular Entreq AC wraps' to their Silver ones.
Yes like most things that are done thoroughly and concisely there is a lot to take in, but the benefits repay the effort.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes like most things that are done thoroughly and concisely there is a lot to take in, but the benefits repay the effort.

Totally agree.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Carrying over Entreq comments that have migrated to the Troy thread. Happy to have Troy comments posted here, any momentum on comments re grounding experiences can only benefit audiophiles generally in getting those previously unaware or skeptical to take the plunge.
My next wave of Entreq loveliness is going to be a choice of grounding the mains via Powerus/Cleanus (integrated alongside my new Westwick Audio 8kVA balanced transformer), or max out my current signal grounding by upgrading Apollo leads to Atlantis leads, and investigating the Atlantis add-on box, and possibly isolating source components (pre/phono/cdp) grounding to one S. Tellus, from power components (SET monoblocks/Zu spkr sub amps) to a second S. Tellus.
I would love to hear further from those who've gone down the mains grounding route more ie via Cleanus, rather than signal grounding.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I see the Entreq site now includes a photo of the new Entreq Receivus but couldn't find any other information about it on the site.
Hopefully on its way very soon.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, I've spoken to Fraser of Kog Audio, the UK rep re Receivus. I'm not at liberty to divulge costs, still TBD, but it appears it's a flat disc-type structure w/a grounding core, which is meant to sit on the chosen component. There will be 2 versions available, a basic one (akin in quality to the "standard" Tellus?) w/integrated ground lead, which obv plugs into the S. Tellus, and a more advanced model w/no integral ground lead, on which you can choose your own ie Apollo or Atlantis. This obv a little pricier, but likely maxxing performance over the "standard".
I strongly suspect this is Entreq's take on Troy's chassis grounding, otherwise why would it sit on a component's casework?
Lloyd's initial impressions are v. favourable, and it seems like Entreq will now have it all covered: signal grounding via S. Tellus/Atlantis add on box; mains grounding via Powerus/Cleanus; and now the equivalent of chassis grounding via Receivus.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Mark.
I did get some intel on it from Fraser some time ago and like you will not venture into costs which did not seem excessive but that might have been the basic version. Hopefully the "silver" version will also be reasonable,
Fraser spoke highly of its benefits so Lloyd's experience is no surprise.
I await the next thrilling episode!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Any feedback on this puppy ... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jazzhead, not too much info. Frustratingly, Per Olof of Entreq is as inscrutable as Miguel of Troy when it comes to what all these grounding products do and why/how they perform. Suffice to say from what I can glean Entreq is doing interesting stuff differently than many others with the positive-negative-earth/ground elements of the conductors. This is inherent in their power cords, to some extent their grounding boxes, and esp. w/the Powerus. I don't know any more, but I'm convinced like Shunyata etc, some really unique stuff is being done to maximise the noise elimination side, but being passive there is no interference w/the signal as there is in active filters/conditioners like my prev Burmester 948 etc.
So, it appears on first aquaintance to be just another high end passive distribution block/multi way filter, but apparently it's doing a lot more than that. It comes w/the fixed power cord, and an earth terminal which means it can be connected to the S. Tellus grounding box via an Apollo or Atlantis ground lead.
It's also designed to be used w/the Cleanus passive noise eliminator, again maxxing out Entreq low noise loveliness. Fraser the UK rep has recommended me to try the Powerus/Cleanus on my source components and pre ie pre/phono/cdp/tt psu into the Powerus itself direct out of my balanced transformer; and my 2 monoblocks/Zu sub amps direct from the transformer.
That'll be my next port of call, or upgrading Apollos to Atlantis'/try the add on Atlantis box.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Can't help you on that one Jazzhead.
I am using an Audience Aspect AR8 which I have had for some years and which has worked well.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks guys , seems there is an Apollo Powerus as well , with appropriate Cleanus to match I suspect ... image.jpg image.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hey Jazzhead - Are you going to audition?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing