Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Adyc, I will get around to it, maybe in the next couple of weeks. The Silver Tellus is the size and weight of a slightly undersized power amp. It's solid wood casework contains lots of silver, copper, and insulating materials. That's all I can glean, rather hush hush otherwise. On the back are 4 pegs , each of which can take up to 2 grounding leads, so a total of 8 components can be grounded (6 if one peg is used for the Atlantis umbilical to Atlantis add-on box). These leads are v much like any other ic, quite flexible, and not too thick.
I place the Silver Tellus on the floor next to my rack, although I've heard it perform better with some isolation. From the back I run 5 of these grounding leads, spade termination to go into pegs, and spade at the other end to attach to my earth terminal on Straingauge energiser, and SET monoblocks (3 leads, spade-spade), spade-rca termination to go into a spare output jack on preamp, and spade-balanced termination to go into a spare output jack of cdp.
So, box on floor with 5 leads running btwn this and components. Not the greatest solution for keeping trailing wires to a minimum, but brilliant for combatting noise.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Thanks for the description. I am interested in seeing pictures how to connect the ground cable to the components like the RCA. How do you make the spade slug stick to the RCA? Do you use blu-tack?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Blu tak! Nothing quite as exotic as that. Although I'm sure some enterprising tweaker will start selling the stuff for mega$s and get plenty of customers :rolleyes:! No, the Entreq grounding leads have slightly unothodox wooden terminations dressed with Silver. The balanced termination is a wooden bullet sporting a triangular arrangement of socket holes with the silver part of the termination dressed into these apertures. The rca termination is in effect a wooden sleeve that fits over the rca socket on the component with a silver dressing bonded on the inner part of the sleeve. And the spade is self explanatory, v much like the earth termination on a tonearm lead.
This doesn't look particularly hi tech I'll freely admit, but these cables are just in effect silver conduits to the bulk of silver in the grounding boxes, and it's there where all the action happens.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Re making the terminations stick, no probs with the spades and balanced, they form a nice tight fit. The rca feels a tad looser but is sufficiently close tolerance. I believe some play is acceptable.

Apexorca

Feb 15, 2014
Sweden
Hi!
This is my second post at this forum and I found it when I was looking for something to read about Entreq Ground Boxes.
I'v been evaluating Entreq Silver Tellus to my power amp and pre amp and Silver Minimus to my CD for the last 5 days.

file-1550.jpg

file-1585.jpg

file-2310.jpg

file-292.jpg

file-379.jpg

I'v ben taking care of my power with Nordost Qv2, Nordost Thor, Isotek evo3 super titan, Isotek evo3 isoplug, special fuse in the fusebox, dedicatet cables and so on. All this makes a big important difference in soundquality.
Everything but the ground has been seen through. It happens to be important to.

With Silver Tellus an Silver Minimus the music gets more stable, calm, black, more air around the instruments, free and sparkling. My imagined reference sound is warm and deep but still open free and clear at all frequencies. Entreq pushed my sound in that direction. At first at thought I maybe missed some microdynamics from midrange an upwords, but that was wrong. The control was better and it was less distortion. The presentation got more relaxed with slightly warmer sound from upper midrange an upwords, but it was nothing that made micro or makrodynamics reduced. My makrodynamic was at least the same and microdynamics got better.
Even texture of the instruments and voices got more detailed and felt more natural. It felt like I'v got higher resolution from my digital source in a positive musical way.

I will probably by this Entreq set up and can do nothing else but recommend everyone to try it.

I really can figure out many doubts about how all this works and that it should do nearly nothing positive to my sound, but my ears tells me that it works perfectly well and I'm happy with that.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats...I have heard the full Atlantis set up in my system and really really enjoyed it. In addition to your description, I found that I really discovered new syncopated rhythms and contrapuntal themes in my music so much more easily. Listening to Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations...the left hand and right hands are playing different lines, and you can enjoy each one playing off the other so easily, I wondered why I had not heard it before. Lots of fun. It changes after about 2 hours, 48 hours and then settles in steadily over about 2 weeks in my experience. Enjoy!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Congrats...I have heard the full Atlantis set up in my system and really really enjoyed it. In addition to your description, I found that I really discovered new syncopated rhythms and contrapuntal themes in my music so much more easily. Listening to Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations...the left hand and right hands are playing different lines, and you can enjoy each one playing off the other so easily, I wondered why I had not heard it before. Lots of fun. It changes after about 2 hours, 48 hours and then settles in steadily over about 2 weeks in my experience. Enjoy!

SNAP.
I am just listening to BBC Radio Three through my MD108T and Ron Smith Galaxie 17.
The Atlantis box and earth cable(on the Vitus SIA 025) have given these broadcasts much better resolution and fidelity. Apexorca crystallises it very well when he says the sound is more natural with the Entreq. My experience exactly.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes I would agree with that as well. Mechanical reproduction starts to disappear...leaving more music in its place.

Reactions: antigrunge

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yep, still loving my Silver Tellus with 5 Apollo ground leads. What I've found is that it maximises impvts heard mainly thru the mids and higher frequencies, my 8kVA balanced power transformer maxxes things out mainly thru the bass/foundation. Totally synergistic.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just incorporated the Apollo xlr ground lead to a spare socket on the Eera Tentation cdp I'm trialling. Yep, it's taking it to another level, much like it did to my current Emm Labs cdp. Calm in the soundstage, and expansion in the frequency extremes. A player that seems to be in a league of one, even more so via Entreq. Has transformed my system.
There is a lot of relevant debate on the virtues of Troy v Entreq. I don't doubt many may find Troy comes out the winner, but I'm confident Entreq gets 90% of the way there. A big advantage of going Entreq is that you can start basic (in my system eg Silver Tellus/1 Apollo ground lead to preamp, £2100), intermediate (another 4 Apollos, to cdp, phono, monoblocks, £3700 total), advanced (upgrade 5 Apollo leads to 5 Atlantis leads/Atlantis add on box, £8k), and levels between. as far as I can see one has to shell out at least £8k-£12k+ in one go to invest in Troy, maybe another £3k for Thor PC.
I've only been able to afford going the bespoke grounding route thru Entreq. And it's been a most enjoyable experience.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Spirit ... understand the Entreq are not shielded , how far away are yours sited , found it to be a hinderance ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ok, I think. Have sited S. Tellus box a couple of feet from the rack, just behind a monoblock. No issues I can detect. The rep is here today, I'll ask him if this is a consideration. I believe the Sablon Gran Corona PC I'm trialling has minimal shielding too, again not aware of any electrical issues.

Apexorca

Feb 15, 2014
Sweden
I'm done with my Entreq test and I am surprised and happy over the big positive effect.
The easy thing was to consider Silver Tellus and Silver Minimus as "must by" products. But the ground cables? At first I only tried Apollo line and it was good. I also tried one Atlantis from the pre amp and that made it a little bit more dynamic all over and smother.
So I will use Apollo cables and one Atlantis. This is also a recommendation by the manufacturers. They say that one Atlantis cable makes it. I agree.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My route is going to initially upgrade all the ic's and pc's in my system before I go down the Atlantis route. Only then, will trial one Atlantis ground lead to preamp to replace Apollo lead, and the Atlantis add on box. Will further consider upping the remaining four Apollos to Atlantis leads. But this is some way into the future.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Apexorca, I'm not suprised you've got such positive results. All the proponents here that have heard Entreq have described the same changes. I'm even more a fan of the company now I've experienced a single power cord, the Challenger, into my preamp. It has supercharged my system, bridging the gap btwn my current cdp, Emm Labs CDSA SE, and my trial Eera Tentation, that previously was trouncing it. The gap is a lot narrower now.
Once I complete a very likely full Entreq ic/pc loom, I'll return to grounding, looking at replacing my Apollo ground lead to preamp with an Atlantis one, and install Atlantis add on grounding box. And maybe consider all Atlantis ground leads beyond this.

Apexorca

Feb 15, 2014
Sweden
This is the start for me. There are more Entreq Ground products to consider if further enhancement is requested. Perhaps!

Apexorca

Feb 15, 2014
Sweden
I'v been listening to music with my new Entreq products for some weeks now. I didn't expected any break in time. These products are passive, but I'm very sure that it's even better now.

For the first time in my hifi life I'm totally satisfied with my sound. I have even stopped thinking about upgrading my speakers. No need. :cool:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I'v been listening to music with my new Entreq products for some weeks now. I didn't expected any break in time. These products are passive, but I'm very sure that it's even better now.

For the first time in my hifi life I'm totally satisfied with my sound. I have even stopped thinking about upgrading my speakers. No need. :cool:
Welcome to the club.
My experience has been the same with both the grounding products and the cables/interconnects.
They are both very cost effective upgrades.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Good stuff. I have tried both Entreq and Tripoint, and ended up with Tripoint for a variety of reasons, but in truth both are excellent products. Interestingly, I had tried a beta-version of the new Atlantis grounding cable when it first came out and it blurred the system when placed into Tripoint...so we took it out...we even tried a mini-Tellus box with the Atlantis.

But I always remember there being something about its bass rhythm that was very special...there is 1 house track where the beats go from 'staggered' to clearly synchopated...but with a full Entreq you realize its not just synchopated...all the beats are meant to replicate the backbeat you get when the DJ scratches on his turntable. And I am telling you, you do not get this sense AT ALL without the Entreq. Way cool...way cool, and for me, that says something about the Entreq doing something extremely right.

So remembering this one element which was fascinating (and loads of fun) with the Entreq, we took a proper production version of the Atlantis grounding cable and placed it into my Tripoint system. On the CJ preamp...definitely blurring again and the Distributor said he would not use it. Then, just because I just wanted to be thorough, we stuck it in again but hooked it up between Tripoint box and Zanden DAC (thru its RCA inlet)...and that bass rhythm reappeared again...but without the blurring bit.

The emphasis on the system drops about half an octave or more, and more weight shifts subtlely to the mids from the treble balance...but the beat is back! Quite cool. More to come as I get to listen to more albums. I know I may be breaking a lot of fundamental rules here by mixing metals of different grounding cables which are meant to balance impedances among other things, but I know what I hear and what I want to hear/prioritize...and so far, it sounds quite good. More to come...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing