Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I have two, so certainly possible. Got your PM, thanks.

Reactions: HK Panda

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I've played around with streamer before using a Mac Mini with power supply removed and powered by a LPS. Although not a final solution it gave me some ideas of what streaming could do.

My OPERA Consonance DAC can work direct with a NAS media server (via direct USB) but I decided to go the full isolation route and feed the DAC via ETHERNET and bridge to the media server in another room. These are older photos but given the concept of what was done. All is done to eliminate noise and increase isolation.

View attachment 113375 View attachment 113376 View attachment 113377

I wanted to go with the Entreq solution (instead of the LPS) , but unfortunately the word from Enteq is the battery is not stable in the Empire Primer Pro so Entreq is discontinuing it.

View attachment 113380
Thank you for such a helpful reply and for taking the trouble to include the photos.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Who's going to be the first to report on the Max T?

D82F8BC6A913F13762A3A325B5702D08.png

Reactions: Danne75

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for the update! Have asked.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Who's going to be the first to report on the Max T?

View attachment 114347
Preliminary conclusions? The Max T is excellent...but unlike (at least in our system) the Peak 4 which ultimately proved to be a drop-in replacement to the Everest, the Max T is not. All Everests were replaced by Peak 4s...13 of them to be exact...even though we LEFT the original wooden binding posts on 3 of the 16 total binding posts...neither the Everest nor the Peak 4 worked in those places.

Fast forward and the Max Ts started out very very strong...basically a strong powerful boost of dynamics, energy and power. Music became even more 'alive'. Not lively, but alive.

However, as you really listen, the articulation of the Max 4s was special, and its ability in certain situation to 'boost' signal was also most welcome. However, in the case of the preamp, the boost was not necessary and it also seemed to push midrange/some treble articulation while going a little light on bass. That definitely did NOT happen elsewhere...mainly amps...where bass became more powerful and also more propulsive/timely.

In the end of the total 16 (originally 13 Peak 4s, 3 wooden), we ended up with 7 Peak 4s, 2 wooden and 7 Max Ts. Discovering new words, new string contributions on very very subtlely mastered albums. New layering. Highly recommended as long as you listen carefully...not a drop in replacement over Everest.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Preliminary conclusions? The Max T is excellent...but unlike (at least in our system) the Peak 4 which ultimately proved to be a drop-in replacement to the Everest, the Max T is not. All Everests were replaced by Peak 4s...13 of them to be exact...even though we LEFT the original wooden binding posts on 3 of the 16 total binding posts...neither the Everest nor the Peak 4 worked in those places.

Fast forward and the Max Ts started out very very strong...basically a strong powerful boost of dynamics, energy and power. Music became even more 'alive'. Not lively, but alive.

However, as you really listen, the articulation of the Max 4s was special, and its ability in certain situation to 'boost' signal was also most welcome. However, in the case of the preamp, the boost was not necessary and it also seemed to push midrange/some treble articulation while going a little light on bass. That definitely did NOT happen elsewhere...mainly amps...where bass became more powerful and also more propulsive/timely.

In the end of the total 16 (originally 13 Peak 4s, 3 wooden), we ended up with 7 Peak 4s, 2 wooden and 7 Max Ts. Discovering new words, new string contributions on very very subtlely mastered albums. New layering. Highly recommended as long as you listen carefully...not a drop in replacement over Everest.
Wonderful.

Did you use the Max T on the unused binding posts?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wonderful.

Did you use the Max T on the unused binding posts?
I did...it seemed to work well where the Max T was on a 'boosting' binding post supporting/connecting to another binding post that was then going out to a component. The amps liked them best. Then the 2 Receivus. Then there was one wooden post which benefited from its greater clarity without losing some of that upper bass thwack (Zanden).

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Recently have discovered using a magma Tungsten footer underneath the LPS (powering the music server) near where the transformer is, was very good improvement. (Before only tried on top of the LPS) This discovery led me to try more things with the LPS. Placing mini-wraps around the DC cable coming from the LPS and around the DC going into the Music Server was a big quality boost. Put a Magma footer on top of each of the mini wraps further boosted the sound. Grounded the chassis of the LPS with a Macro box with a Vibbeater on top of the Macro box.

Lesson learned, if you have a Music Server, don't ignore the grounding and EMI/RFI of the LPS powering that server.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Question for those of you with Magma footers using underneath electronics. Did you notice a settling time? We all know that connecting your electronics to a Entreq grounding box improves over time, but what about the footers? Do the electronics need time in order to properly settle on the Magma footers?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Recently have discovered using a magma Tungsten footer underneath the LPS (powering the music server) near where the transformer is, was very good improvement. (Before only tried on top of the LPS) This discovery led me to try more things with the LPS. Placing mini-wraps around the DC cable coming from the LPS and around the DC going into the Music Server was a big quality boost. Put a Magma footer on top of each of the mini wraps further boosted the sound. Grounded the chassis of the LPS with a Macro box with a Vibbeater on top of the Macro box.

Lesson learned, if you have a Music Server, don't ignore the grounding and EMI/RFI of the LPS powering that server.
Good to know and accords with my observation that digital, computers seem to benefit from Entreq's works. Enjoy!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Question for those of you with Magma footers using underneath electronics. Did you notice a settling time? We all know that connecting your electronics to a Entreq grounding box improves over time, but what about the footers? Do the electronics need time in order to properly settle on the Magma footers?
I found it more similiar to Entreq wraps than grounding (which took 9 days because our grounding cables are extremely long)...generally, it works or it does not. Easily within day...every once in a while, physical settling in can take a little while but I think from recollection that is more speakers than electronics. Hope that helps.

Roger

Sep 25, 2023
Sweden
I have tungsten under every thing speaker and switsch and also router
and i have 7 groundboxes Tenten 2 olympis mini tungsten 2 olympis ten tungsten
Olympis tellus an olympis mini

Attachments

• F122E8E8-FBCE-4FC3-9545-7A0AA0731398.jpeg
    F122E8E8-FBCE-4FC3-9545-7A0AA0731398.jpeg
    958.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have tungsten under every thing speaker and switsch and also router
and i have 7 groundboxes Tenten 2 olympis mini tungsten 2 olympis ten tungsten
Olympis tellus an olympis mini
Fantastic. The Tungsten line is really great. Enjoy.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
You can buy Tungsten. I have added some to a PVC tube that is connected to the Entreq via a silver conductor to one of the binding posts.

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Do yo have his Fuse i have silver in my linemagnetic 219ia and silver in my circut breaker
Interesting...I have stayed away from fuses not understanding the implications on the equipment if something happens. So I have stayed away...again due to my own lack of technical understanding. But the LAN Jitter is great, really quite special.

Roger

Sep 25, 2023
Sweden
Interesting...I have stayed away from fuses not understanding the implications on the equipment if something happens. So I have stayed away...again due to my own lack of technical understanding. But the LAN Jitter is great, really quite special.
You most Try order a yellow that is good start

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing