Entreq Tellus grounding

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The Everests arrived about three hours ago so first thoughts and impressions.
Started with one on the Vitus amp earthed to the Poseidon.
Improvement very quickly apparent. Next up the Poseidon negative speaker terminal Apollo ground cables. Combined effect was a real jump in the sound quality - more music, more immediacy, transparency, instrumental separation and strings were superb on FM radio.Then the MD109 tuner with Radio 3 and Classic FM stations. Wow. Much better with the Everest
Next up Puccini CD player which has a Scarlatti clock Played the Vanessa Fernandez SACD first without the Everest but with the aforementioned amp/speaker Everests. First without then with. No contest!
Couldn't stop there. Next up Everest on Atlantis earth to phonostage/Townshend Rock Reference V/Dynavectot XV1t. Without and then with using newly released Tom Petty 180 gram vinyl. So much better with.
Tom Petty's voice and backing on Free Falling had a new dimension in fidelity and the way the component parts were so well ordered and arranged
The improvements wrought by the Everests are, as Guillaume said, very much a continuation of the other Entreq range benefits and attributes so an improved flow and musicality but with enhanced immediacy and transparency with not a trace of the" hifi sound" and its associated artificiality which robs the music of its ability to communicate with the listener. The music is more real with more data with greater projection and is really apparent on strings. They seem to get the music's ducks in the row in a way I have not previously experienced even with some really high end and well sorted.
systems at shows
am advised that that there should be further significant improvements after 24 hours so looking forward to that.
I'll report further on that and try to refine the nature of the various improvements I hear but it's clearly a once heard upgrade that you can't go back on once you've heard it so be fully prepared to buy if you try them!
Freddie yes they do provide a more secure connection and your beloved violins will sound so much better with the Everest.
I didn't even try the K2s which I am sure work very well too as the Everests were so good.
Hope that is helpful and makes sense.
Will update after more listening but very impressed with them

Great write-up Barry. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

I've just reconnected my DAC to the Poseidon with Everest. Wonderful! The music is more fluid and enjoyable. I still haven't connected the Absolare. ;)

Guillaume

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Guillaume.
The amp and speaker terminals were my recommended starting point so I'd expect the Everests to work well with the Absolare unless there are any design features that militate against it.
I'm not familiar with it but all I hear are rave reviews.
Best wishes
Barry

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Thanks Guillaume.
The amp and speaker terminals were my recommended starting point so I'd expect the Everests to work well with the Absolare unless there are any design features that militate against it.
I'm not familiar with it but all I hear are rave reviews.
Best wishes
Barry

Hi Barry, I'm waiting on some spade Earthas so that I can try the negative speaker terminals... will hopefully get these soon!

Cheers

Guillaume

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
How six new Entreq Everest binding posts can make such a dramatic improvement to my system is beyond me but there is no doubting my ears.
They have been burning in for most of the day with the FM tuner and I am now playing some discs.
The first clues came around midnight today when I listened to a popular music programme while working on my laptop in the dining room. The presenter's voice sounded a lot better and later when she played Tracy Chapmans Fast Car I said to myself that sounds so good. So I am listening till 1.30am really enjoying the sound when I had to call it a day and retire to bed.
Put it on again about midday but more as background music than serious listening. Came in about 7pm from the garden and The Lark Ascending played by Nichola Benedetti was playing.Sounding sublime. No trace of harshness and beautiful violin tone.
Left it on until 10.30pm and put on Kraftwerk's OK Computer and sat down to read October TAS on the laptop.Pressed start and the music hit me like a revelatory experience. There was so much more music and sound, far greater tonal density, better soundstage and a quality to the bass and voices well in excess of what I have ever heard before from my system. Now playing an SHM SACD sampler and the Allman Brothers Stormy Monday is pouring out with a resolution and musicality which is just superb. It will be another late night unless I can discipline myself to get to bed somewhat earlier than last night and explore my discs at greater leisure.
When I first enquired about the Everests my supplier said they were "shocking" and he is not given to hyperbole. Despite that I really have been astonished at just how good they are and what a big difference they are making.
From time to time I have wondered about whether I need a more powerful amplifier than my Vitus SIA 025 to drive my YG Kipod Signature passives. All such concerns have evaporated now the six Everests have been installed.
My best explanation is that Per Oloff's continuing research and development led him to the final link in the chain which unlocked the full potential of the Entreq boxes and cables and which in turn have in my system unlocked the previously inaccessible potential of my system.
If you already have embarked on the Entreq path you really must try the Everests. I really can't imagine that you will be disappointed.
PS
Full details of my system are on my profile.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks Jazzhead.
In addition to the Poseidon terminals or instead of? Or both? If the latter I would need two more or move them from my sources
So I guess it's a question of immediate priorities and would appreciate your views and experienc.

In addition to . Yes , you will need four , but try the two on either the positive or neg terminals and you will get a taste for what's in store . I have 22 E's in my chain . The cumulative effects are pretty darn good !

Mordecai

Jul 18, 2014
Looking forward to your impressions too Barry. I was a little disappointed to see that the Australian prices for these don't seem to reflect the savings I would have expected from the small size and light weight compared to the actual boxes. That is no disrespect to the supply and retail chain - it is what it is - but it does force me to pause and reflect a little more upon a possible purchase.

For those who have now fitted them, do you feel that they provide a more mechanically secure connection of the cable to the binding post, since for me this would be one advantage I'd be looking for over the stock wood retainers?

Maybe worth contacting them to see if they can help on price at all - especially if you're thinking multiples??

With a larger diameter to hold I would think torquing down should be easier/stronger.....

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
In addition to . Yes , you will need four , but try the two on either the positive or neg terminals and you will get a taste for what's in store . I have 22 E's in my chain . The cumulative effects are pretty darn good !

Thanks Jazzhead
The six to date "are pretty darn good" in my system too so so I'll follow your example and add some more.
I'm told that they have sold extremely well in the Far East which is not in the least surprising in the light of my experience.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
20160920_211109_1.jpg

This picture is my answer about Entreq Grounding Effect.^^

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I just ordered and paid for 5 Everest knobs. supposedly they are in stock in the USA so should get them next week.

i'll try 2 on my Silver Tellus and 3 on my Poseidon.

I wonder how my use of the Tripoint Troy Signature will affect the effect of the Everest?

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Do let us know how you get on Mike.
I am very impressed with the three on my Poseidon- amp and negative speaker terminals and one on my Puccini,MD 109 and Townshend turntable earth leads to two separate Silver Tellus
Significantly better resolution and ducks more in their row,
Have been playing at louder levels very enjoyably.
No idea if your use of Tripoint will have any effect either way. A real suck it and see experiment I guess.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I just ordered and paid for 5 Everest knobs. supposedly they are in stock in the USA so should get them next week.

i'll try 2 on my Silver Tellus and 3 on my Poseidon.

I wonder how my use of the Tripoint Troy Signature will affect the effect of the Everest?

I ordered two this past Wed. Already shipped and scheduled for del. on this coming Tues. Mike, what are you thinking in terms of any "effect" the Troy will/can have on the Everest?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I ordered two this past Wed. Already shipped and scheduled for del. on this coming Tues. Mike, what are you thinking in terms of any "effect" the Troy will/can have on the Everest?

typically the positive effect on system performance of grounding is affected by the potential improvement possible as one moves toward the ideal (which, by definition, is never reached). as we move toward the theoretical limitation of improvement, degrees of perceived improvement get smaller, although sometimes become more significant (as new references are heard....we can get startled by how it affects familiar recordings).

the Tripoint Troy Signature, when added to my Entreq gear in January, made a huge difference.....likely 4x-5x that of all my Entreq gear together (similar to the investment difference).

my curiosity is whether the presence of the Troy will enhance the effect of adding the Everest caps since the noise floor will be lower to more easily hear it....or.....will that ground covered by the Tripoint occupy some of the otherwise claimed ground by the Everest?

I guess we try it and listen.

I was tempted to add another Tripoint Troy Sig (or Prince ) but the cost stopped me; I figured I could swing a few of the Everest's and see what they might do.....but wondered if someone with both the Entreq and Tripoint had already covered this question.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
As it stands now I have two Troy's, (one Original and the other Signature version) and two Silver Minis. I have the Sig. version clamped (many times) directly to a 2 gauge copper wire incoming from a separate isolated chemical ground which is why I haven't experimented with the two Troys on the negative R,L posts of my amp (if this is what you are alluding to). I did however try one Entreq and the Original Troy on R,L posts just for kicks and thought that the physical presence of the Troy in my smallish room interfered with any improvements that might have been gained with such. I have had the Mini's on my L,R posts for almost a year now and it's made a significant leap in my system, and can't wait to hear what the Everest's do.

FYI, I have all my audio components hooked to the Signature, and my computer related stuff to the other Troy. I have a 5Q panel that I plug only the PSU from my amp into (main system) and all my computer stuff is plugged into outlets coming from the digital filtered breakers. My DAC, battery PSU for preamp, and PSU for SOtM 200 are plugged into a Running Springs Audio (pre API) Maxim power conditioner.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have ordered 5 Everests for each of my Receivus...everything i else i have cannot accommodate the Everest. I am told by a fellow Troy Signature owner that the binding posts will not accept Everest...and neither will the Gryphon amp, nor any of the (20) binding posts of the back of big Wilsons (10 per side). Will be interesting to hear what happens.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Connected Absolare to the Poseidon via Atlantis RCA with Everest boost last night. Left it running overnight.

So now Absolare + totaldac d1-six + d1 server all connected to Poseidon with Everest boosts. sonicTransporter and Draytek router are connected to an Olympus Minimus with an Everest.

Listening this am I had completely forgotten that I had connected the Absolare, this was before the coffee kicked in. I was sitting there thinking ooh this sounds good!

It almost feels like the result is greater than the sum of its parts.

Vocals are easier to place and follow, bass textures are better defined... just lots lots more of the Entreq effect.

Guillaume

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great stuff, Guillaume...cannot wait to get a few Everest to try. Jazzhead kindly confirmed for me that the Everest will NOT work on the back of Tripoint Troy, so i guess its just the 5 Receivus for me. Lets see...should be fun.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Connected Absolare to the Poseidon via Atlantis RCA with Everest boost last night. Left it running overnight.

So now Absolare + totaldac d1-six + d1 server all connected to Poseidon with Everest boosts. sonicTransporter and Draytek router are connected to an Olympus Minimus with an Everest.

Listening this am I had completely forgotten that I had connected the Absolare, this was before the coffee kicked in. I was sitting there thinking ooh this sounds good!

It almost feels like the result is greater than the sum of its parts.

Vocals are easier to place and follow, bass textures are better defined... just lots lots more of the Entreq effect.

Guillaume

Thanks for the update Guillaume.
After fitting the Everests the bass on my system also showed a noticeable improvement and its reassuring to have that confirmed by your experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing