Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christian, I would recommend w/the Entreq not to bother w/chassis screw grounding, it's really optimised for signal plane effects, so stick w/an rca-spade to an unused input of your preamp, as physically close to your used input jacks. Re the phono, if it doesn't have a spare set of inputs, use a spade-spade to the earth post (to share w/the ground lead of your tonearm cable) - I did get variable results here, so remember to try the pre solely first.
Mike, this seems to be a good solution, there is just a greater surplus of grounding material w/the S. Tellus route than the S. Minimus.
Mike and Christian, try rca-spade to pre first, bed in and trial then disconnect and try another component, same proceedure, then ground both simultaneously.
I "got it" second track in to a trial, but things can take a little longer to register. I know Lloyd feels there is a big change 24/48 hrs into a trial, and then at the 1/2 wk mark, but for me, changes were wrought almost immediately, and like the rest of us fanboys, we can't go back.
Caveat - lots of variations and ways to get it right, so just go w/what your dealer recommends (use our thoughts as a guide only), hopefully you're both in for a fun and transformative journey however you get there.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I appreciate all the feedback.

I got with my dealer this afternoon and changed my order to 1 Silver Tellus Box, 1 Ertha Atlantis RCA cable for my dart pre, and 1 Ertha Apollo RCA cable for my Playback Designs. I cancelled the 3 Silver Minimus boxes and the 2 Apollo spade cables.

a place to start and we'll go from there.

my dealer is ordering other cables and possibly a second Silver Tellus box we will also experiment with.

we spoke about whether to even try to hook anything up to my dart monos but decided that we should probably stay far away from that. I'm assuming that the grounds for dart mono's unused inputs are not connected when they are not selected......as I use the 'Zeel' input.

Mike, FWIW, I instinctively feel your second order is a better indicator of the potential of Entreq for a system as robustly designed as yours. The Silver Tellus is a big part of my reasoning...you really want a big ole' box I think. If you are intrigued by what you hear, try just ONE Atlantis grounding cable to the exact same set of Entreq stuff you just tried. But as you say, a place to start...good luck. Look forward to hearing more from a set of ears like yours listening to a system as superb as yours...

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I appreciate all the feedback.

I got with my dealer this afternoon and changed my order to 1 Silver Tellus Box, 1 Ertha Atlantis RCA cable for my dart pre, and 1 Ertha Apollo RCA cable for my Playback Designs. I cancelled the 3 Silver Minimus boxes and the 2 Apollo spade cables.

a place to start and we'll go from there.

my dealer is ordering other cables and possibly a second Silver Tellus box we will also experiment with.

we spoke about whether to even try to hook anything up to my dart monos but decided that we should probably stay far away from that. I'm assuming that the grounds for dart mono's unused inputs are not connected when they are not selected......as I use the 'Zeel' input.

That is good news.
The original order just didn't feel right to me and I am sure the new one will be much better.
The only additional point I can add to those of Mark and Lloyd is that the Atlantis earth works particularly well on my DCS Puccini and that I have found real benefits in having the whole system grounded with the two Silver Tellus/Atlantis box combination and the Entreq signal leads. The 3 balanced Apollo i/cs which came later, about 4 months ago, really took the system to a new level of fidelity.
I realise that is a lot further down the Entreq road than you are contemplating and the Silver Tellus is of real benefit in itself but I mention it in case it is helpful to WBF members.
I await with great interest how it all goes with yours and Rockitman's system.

Reactions: Forte

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
This grounding scheme will happen. My dealer just needs to get stock, hopefully...Bill ????
Hi Chris,
I am working on getting some Entreq product in very soon. I will call Paul/John today. I have been busy with the Aperture panels and finding where they work their best. Very interesting product!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi Chris,
I am working on getting some Entreq product in very soon. I will call Paul/John today. I have been busy with the Aperture panels and finding where they work their best. Very interesting product!

Thanks Bill. I think I am most interested in the silver tellus with a few rca to spade ground wires.

Edit: perhaps a spade to spade wire would also be useful for components w/o a spare rca input like phono stages.

Last edited:

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq Grounding Boxes Attached to Speakers

You're welcome.

Yes, using the Entreq Eartha cables or other manufacturers' cables with ground terminations are valid, but all others speaker cables are not.

John

Thanks for clearing that up John.
Much appreciated and a valuable lesson in the dangers of trying to answer a valid question when you cannot provide a definitive answer!
So if you want to ground your speakers with an Entreq box the way to do it is with Entreq speaker cables or, and I am not sure if there are any others, with another brand with built in earth connections.
The former certainly works very well in my system.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq Tellus and Cleanus

The Entreq Tellus series of grounding boxes address the signal plane.

The Entreq Cleanus product, like the Tripoint, addresses the ground plane.

Pre it will be. I hope it's good for my allnic tube phono too. Should I run 2 grounds Per component IE:signal via rca and chassis via spade to chassis ?

So, no, you would not run a cable from the Tellus to chassis screws of components. From the Entreq website:

"Cleanus works as a separator and eliminator of high current frequencies. Cleanus should be connected to the wall socket or to Powerus. For even better performance connect Cleanus to a Tellus with an Ertha cable."

John

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
You're welcome.

Yes, using the Entreq Eartha cables or other manufacturers' cables with ground terminations are valid, but all others speaker cables are not.

John
Thanks John.
Will you be offering the full range of Entreq products?
I am very impressed with their signal and power cables as well as with their grounding products which together make a huge improvement to sound quality in my system.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Can someone with knowledge of Entreq please take a look at my system in my signature below and recommend a good starting point to try some of this stuff out?
Thanks!

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq products that will be stocked

Thanks John.
Will you be offering the full range of Entreq products?
I am very impressed with their signal and power cables as well as with their grounding products which together make a huge improvement to sound quality in my system.

Paul is bringing in the grounding boxes and their cables for now. We will take orders for any product in the line, but will not stock anything beyond the aforementioned grounding boxes and cables. Demand could change that, though.

John

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Can someone with knowledge of Entreq please take a look at my system in my signature below and recommend a good starting point to try some of this stuff out?
Thanks!

Hi Frank,
For starters I would recommend a Silver Tellus box. It is a better buy than the base Tellus. You could start with four spade/RCA ground cables. Apollo are very good if you don't want to stretch to the top of the line Atlantis, but I have also had very good results with the silver eartha cables. Amps tend to produce lot of noise so three there is a good starting point with a fourth for the MPS.The Atlantis earth works very well on my DCS Puccini.
The earth cables come in different lengths so check out where you would site the Tellus to determine what length(s) you would need. Once you try them they have a habit of taking up residence so getting that right first time makes life easier.
Hope that is helpful and good luck!

Joe Pittman

Sep 14, 2010
Seattle, Washington USA
www.kosmic.us
I'm the new Entreq dealer in Seattle and I have ordered a Silver Tellus and several Eartha Apollo and one Eartha Atlantis cable to start. I'm really looking forward to improvements in my systems. I'm also thinking about trying the power products also in the near future. I'll comment on how they sound in my two reference systems when I get them. You can see my reference systems on my About Us page.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Hi Frank,
For starters I would recommend a Silver Tellus box. It is a better buy than the base Tellus. You could start with four spade/RCA ground cables. Apollo are very good if you don't want to stretch to the top of the line Atlantis, but I have also had very good results with the silver eartha cables. Amps tend to produce lot of noise so three there is a good starting point with a fourth for the MPS.The Atlantis earth works very well on my DCS Puccini.
The earth cables come in different lengths so check out where you would site the Tellus to determine what length(s) you would need. Once you try them they have a habit of taking up residence so getting that right first time makes life easier.
Hope that is helpful and good luck!

Thanks Barry!

Just spoke with my dealer who is a Stillpoints dealer and asked him to call Stillpoints and look into getting some Entreq demos.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Barry!

Just spoke with my dealer who is a Stillpoints dealer and asked him to call Stillpoints and look into getting some Entreq demos.
That's great Frank.
I rather assumed your dealer would be happy to provide some demos and hopefully he will be able to let you have a selection of earth cables to try with the Silver Tellus.
I look forward to reading how it goes so keep us posted.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, FWIW, I instinctively feel your second order is a better indicator of the potential of Entreq for a system as robustly designed as yours. The Silver Tellus is a big part of my reasoning...you really want a big ole' box I think. If you are intrigued by what you hear, try just ONE Atlantis grounding cable to the exact same set of Entreq stuff you just tried. But as you say, a place to start...good luck. Look forward to hearing more from a set of ears like yours listening to a system as superb as yours...

thanks Lloyd. i will do my best to relate what i hear.

regarding your the Atlantis gounding cable comment; are you saying that the cable you are referring to is somehow different than the Ertha Atlantis RCA cable i've ordered? or are you simply saying to try it by itself and not with the Ertha Apollo RCA on the digital?

i'm just not clear on your meaning.

thanks.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Given the quality of your audio system I think it is (indeed) wise to listen to any of the Tripoint devices. I am pretty sure you will be quite amazed, including what they will do for your Dartzeel preamp and power amps.

thanks.

one step at a time. but i do want to see what the Tripoint can do.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, the Eartha Atlantis cable IS the Atlantis cable, just nomenclature. To everyone, I would get a Silver Tellus and at least two spade-rca (Eartha) Apollos or (Eartha) Atlantis'. This will enable you to ground up to two unbalanced components, my strong recommendation to go for pre-amp first. Try different components one at a time, then maybe try two together eg pre-amp and cdp. Spade-spade cables are designed for those components that have a ground post but no spare input/output jacks eg phono stages, power amps w/ground posts. I'm actually going to expt on my preamp moving from current spade-rca into a spare input jack, to a spade-spade to the dedicated ground posts on the amp chassis'. Just to see if a difference is to be had. For those w/balanced components only, Entreq do supply spade-xlr cables too (useful for my Eera Tentation cdp).
With your set up Mike, you could in the final analysis contemplate 2 sets of S. Tellus'/Atlantis', one set for the component rack, one for the Dart monos/EA sub towers, w/Atlantis cables.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
thanks.

one step at a time. but i do want to see what the Tripoint can do.

Ahh, but will you get a demo ? Interesting how tripoint focuses in chassis ground and entreq signal ground. Not understanding the complete ramifications of either approach, it will be interesting to see which approach is best if one can compare both...always the rub.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Ahh, but will you get a demo ? Interesting how tripoint focuses in chassis ground and entreq signal ground. Not understanding the complete ramifications of either approach, it will be interesting to see which approach is best if one can compare both...always the rub.

I understand that Tripoint has a 30 day return deal, which I can live with. I'm sure I can work out something that makes sense.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing