Entreq Tellus grounding

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Wow!! Elescher, this is the ultimate test.
By the way, was there a good improvement when connecting negative terminals to Silver Minimus?
Regards

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Wow!! Elescher, this is the ultimate test.
By the way, was there a good improvement when connecting negative terminals to Silver Minimus?
Regards

Hold for a bit .... there is a stand alone box about to be released , between the Olympus Minimus and the Silver Minimus . Will be part of the Olympus range but cheaper than the OM with better performance compared to the SM.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well actually I have available two Silver Minimus and two Eartha Apollo. In fact at the moment I am preparing to make the connection and although Elescher has sent pictures of his Constellation connected to two SM, I recognize that I have "the balls where the tie is knotted"

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Connection made.
My God, what a fear I've been through.
Thank you all and especially Elescher, who with his pictures decided to do it. This is starting to sound wonderful.
So far I had connected the two RCA inputs of the Constellation to my Silver Tellus, now the amp comes out four Apollo cables;)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That's wonderful news and I am so pleased for you.
What would we do without WBF and it's marvellously helpful and supportive members?
Enjoy!

?????

Jul 11, 2017
For those with balanced amplifiers and connecting the negative ouput to an isolated Entreq terminal:

You could add another isolated Entreq connection to the positive amplifier output.

It is the same (just opposite polarity) as the negative output.

Why treat only one side of the signal?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
That's wonderful news and I am so pleased for you.
What would we do without WBF and it's marvellously helpful and supportive members?
Enjoy!

Yes, of course.
The non-direct communication line between the customer and the Technical Service (with Irv Gross as intermediary) has probably led to my being informed incorrectly.
This makes for me to still increase the value of companies like Lumin or Shunyata, whose developers respond directly to their customers. An authentic luxury.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.

I would like to share with you my conclusions regarding Entreq products in my system.

1.- If from a device, two earth cables go out to an Entreq box, the sound is always better, if the two cables are connected to a single post of Entreq box, than if they do it on two post.

2.- If I connect any device from a chassis post, to an Entreq box, the sound gets worse.

3.- If I connect any device from a signal input, (RCA, USB, RJ45 ...) to
an Entreq box, the sound improves.

4.- Of all the connections of my devices to boxes Entreq, the one that has produced a greater improvement (and for quite), is the connection of the negative posts of the amplifier.

I do not know if this is reproducible in other systems, but that's what I hear in mine.

Regards

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
In relation to your experience dies connection via input rca beat output rca?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
In relation to your experience dies connection via input rca beat output rca?

Hi Murphys.
Please, can you rephrase your question? Google translate, give me a translation that does not make sense to me

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Is grounding via input rca better than output rca?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
If you take a multimeter and run a continuity test on the rca jacks, you will likely find they share the same ground. There's a fair chance they may also be tied to the iec mains ground.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Ok, now it's perfect
I have Apollo cables in three devices: Lumin A1, AR Ref 5 SE and Constellation. Logically, the only option I can choose for inputs or outputs is 5 SE. I have it in on inputs, and I have not done tests, but I will do them and inform.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Sacre Bleu !, I never thought there would be differences between RCA inputs and outputs. And if that sounds different. Even between the two RCA output (the one that has the XLR busy and the one that does not have it). In the RCA output the sound is softened, but much of the excitement of music is lost. Even in the RCA that has the empty XLR, the sound becomes a bit opaque and boring.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If you take a multimeter and run a continuity test on the rca jacks, you will likely find they share the same ground. There's a fair chance they may also be tied to the iec mains ground.

Although a multimeter will tell you about continuity and sharing, it will not tell you about the internal ground paths. The more effective way of determining them is injecting a fixed current - something between 0.5 and 0.1 DC amps between ground and RCA and RCA/RCA ground and measuring voltage drops (including signal) between all the points of interest in the 2mV scale. If we do not have a current source we can use a 6V battery in series with a 10 - 50 ohm resistor in series to inject the current.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Although a multimeter will tell you about continuity and sharing, it will not tell you about the internal ground paths. The more effective way of determining them is injecting a fixed current - something between 0.5 and 0.1 DC amps between ground and RCA and RCA/RCA ground and measuring voltage drops (including signal) between all the points of interest in the 2mV scale. If we do not have a current source we can use a 6V battery in series with a 10 - 50 ohm resistor in series to inject the current.
It would be easier to build a John Windt "Hummer Tester"

Build the “Hummer” to Find “Pin 1 Problems” in Equipment AS032
http://www.jensen-transformers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/as032.pdf

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting and thank you for sharing. I did not discern much of a difference between grounding input rca vs output rca. I think they are quite close but as with entreq grounding it takes about 2 days after connection to hear it's full impact and maybe that's why it's difficult to do a AB comparison.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Interesting and thank you for sharing. I did not discern much of a difference between grounding input rca vs output rca. I think they are quite close but as with entreq grounding it takes about 2 days after connection to hear it's full impact and maybe that's why it's difficult to do a AB comparison.

Are you saying that if you just disconnect the Entreq for a few seconds and reconnect it the effect diminishes significantly?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing