Entreq Tellus grounding

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes Celt the Tellus II should do the trick as long as the negative speaker terminals are earthed to separate compartments
An Everest should help with two earth cables. The somewhat more expensive option would be an additional Minimus to avoid the two on one and dispense with the Everest,

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
hi Esotar,

yes; my Wave Kinetics A10 U8's improved the sound quality over the Poseidon, Atlantic Minimus and Silver Tellus boxes sitting on the hardwood over concrete floor directly. when on the floor directly, the sound was tonally tipped up and ultra detail, but not natural. with the A10 U8's, naturalness and tonal balance returned yet detail was retained. i think it's important to note that my system is very revealing of change, and so my results are not necessarily typical, but they could be.

I've used the Hardpoint Trina under the Tripoint Elite, and the Hardpoint Serene under the Tripoint Troy Signature both to excellent results. I've not yet tried them under the Entreq, but would expect a boost over the A10 U8's. maybe at some point i will acquire more Trina to try with Entreq.

Thanks, Mike~!

I also tried to use HI FI Stay [[Hard Point Trinia]] and Stillpoint [[Ultra 5]] with Entreq Olympus Tellus.

My two Olympus Tellus are for AC current grounding and the other is for DC current grounding.

In my case, Trinia and Ultra 5 both make natural sound at AC grounding.

The difference between Trinia and Ultra 5 is below :

Trinia : makes more natural, clear, and balance

Ultra 5 : makes more amount of deep-bass

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike

Appreciate the quick reply.

You must be thinking of the original Tellus as that was internally a single box, but the new Tellus 2 is essentially a baby Poseidon and also has 3 isolated boxes. See below from Entreq website description of Tellus 2:

In one way Tellus II is old stuff in new packaging. But at the same time it's a totally new groundbox that will open up for many new possibilitys. Left and Right outlet are two separated Silver Minimus and the outlet in the middle is the same as a Silver Minimus and Atlantis Mini built together in one chamber.

In other words, its an "entry level Poseidon"
It offers three dedicated ground points which are totally separated from each other.

Cheers
John

thanks John, for the education.

i guess i haven't been keeping up with Entreq developments close enough.:D

and i agree with Barry about considering a Minimus instead of the Everest if budget allows. depends on your 'end' game plans. the Devialet is naturally minimalist, so maybe one Entreq box but with the Everest is the better choice.

Mike

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks, Mike~!

I also tried to use HI FI Stay [[Hard Point Trinia]] and Stillpoint [[Ultra 5]] with Entreq Olympus Tellus.

My two Olympus Tellus are for AC current grounding and the other is for DC current grounding.

great feedback, Esotar. thank you. we don't all have those on hand to compare.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Mike~!

Fantastic feedback...as Mike L says, not everyone has had the chance to do this comparison. Thanks for doing this. If you ever have the time/opportunity, do try HRS Nimbus Couplers either on top or underneath of the U5. I use all of my U6s and U5s this way, and i would never go back after discovering this many years ago. Its just my ears and my system...but it works well for me. And having just re-done the experiment when setting up 8 Ultra 6s, i have to say this combination still works well for me on: Zanden digital, Burmester 948 Ref Power conditioner and also Tripoint Troy Signature.

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Yes Celt the Tellus II should do the trick as long as the negative speaker terminals are earthed to separate compartments
An Everest should help with two earth cables. The somewhat more expensive option would be an additional Minimus to avoid the two on one and dispense with the Everest,

Barry

Thanks for the reply. As Mike says below the Devialet is a more minimalist set-up, hence trying to keep my boxes to a minimum (WAF constraints :p). Also don't really have the space for extra boxes, hence looking at the Tellus 2.

As the middle connection of the Tellus 2 is essentially a Silver Minimus with built in Atlantis Minimus, and then adding an Everest on top of this, my thinking is that this hopefully would be at least up to the same SQ as a pair of Minimus to run the earth connections for my Devialets. I would have to buy 4 seperate Minimus if I wanted all cables to be connected singularly, hence why going with the Tellus 2 and the benefit of it being essentially 3 seperate boxes.

Thanks
John

thanks John, for the education.

i guess i haven't been keeping up with Entreq developments close enough.:D

and i agree with Barry about considering a Minimus instead of the Everest if budget allows. depends on your 'end' game plans. the Devialet is naturally minimalist, so maybe one Entreq box but with the Everest is the better choice.

Mike

Mike

Hope you don't think I was trying to be smart explaining the make-up of a Tellus 2, just wanted to let you know it's essentially a cheap version of the Poseidon. Now if I had the money this would be the way to go, but alas a Poseidon is 3 times the cost of a Tellus 2 here in Australia (too rich for me at the moment :eek:).

Cheers
John

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike

Hope you don't think I was trying to be smart explaining the make-up of a Tellus 2, just wanted to let you know it's essentially a cheap version of the Poseidon. Now if I had the money this would be the way to go, but alas a Poseidon is 3 times the cost of a Tellus 2 here in Australia (too rich for me at the moment :eek:).

Cheers
John

John,

not in the least. my bad for not checking with the Entreq web site when you used a product descriptor not familiar to me. typically i'll dig a little first before posting and not assume. i did not and still got a respectful answer.

thanks for the concern in any case.

Mike

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
Since the beginning of this year I was playing arround with my Entreq gear consisting of 2x Silver Minimus, 2x Olympus Ten, 1x Silver Tellus and different Apollo Infinity cables.

My first long running installation was grounding my Entreq Challenger Infinity speakers cables by Apollo/Silver Minimus, Vitus SIA-025 negative speaker terminals by Apollo/Olympus Ten. My Silver Tellus was used to ground my Gigawatt Powerbar by Entreq Silver cable with Schuko plug. In my opinion it was a huge improvement but the sound stage was getting a little bit too laid back for my sense.
So I've reorganized the installation a bit - currently the Olympus Ten is installed on my speakers cable and with the second one I've grounded Vitus SIA-025 only by XLR (no more Olympus Ten here for negative speakers terminal). Nothing changed with Silver Tellus so far. Quite different presentation with a more present soundstage.

Does anybody else noticed a quite different presentation between Silver Minimus (or Silver line) between Olympus Ten (Olympus line)? Currently I'm thinking about tradein both Silver Minimus against another Olympus Ten to then ground the negative speakers terminal on my Vitus SIA-025 instead of only by XLR. Bigger jump could be trade-in Silver Tellus plus both Silver Minimus and go for a Posseidon. Poseidung left and right will ground negative speakers terminal, the middle connector will be used for connecting to the power bar.

Another questions is how would you best ground the Vitus phono pre? Should I run grounding socket of phono pre RP-101 to Silver Minimus and a second cable grounding SIA-025 XLR to the same box to have the same grounding point? Or should I use a free RCA or XLR socket to run the grounding wire from RP-101 to the Silver Minimus when using the second connection from SIA-025 XLR to the same box?

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
There's a big difference between Olympus Ten and silver minimus. Sound with Olympus Ten is much bigger and with more space. For me it has been a big step to change from Tellus II to Olympus Ten (it is connected to a tube preamp). PO recommend Olympus Ten very strongly :)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Installing a Poseidon into my system with Atlantis ground cables for negative speaker terminal grounding and an Apollo earth cable to ground my Vitus SIA 025 amp has been one of the best Entreq applications ever so I can recommend that option very highly. Noise disappeared and an organic but musical and natural sound resulted particularly in class A.
I am not familiar with the Vitus pre but I would imagine its grounding socket is for mains grounding as opposed to the signal grounding function of the Entreq earth cables so not a good idea. Use a free RCA/XLR to run an earth cable to the earth box.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Yesterday afternoon my Poseidon arrived. I bought it from our partner Paolo, in a very easy and fast transaction.
Fortunately my youngest son was in Malaga spending a few days off, if it had not been like that I do not know how I could have climbed up to the apartment, my God how the box weighs !!!
The Poseidon replaces three Silver Minimus, the two negative poles of the amplifier and a cable with RJ45 connector to the Switch, the three Apollo Infinity cables.
Within half an hour of connecting the Poseidon, I was already tempted to send my comments to the forum, but I decided to wait 24 hours, to be more secure. Well I will not say anything, that has not already been said:
top end with loss of digital edge without losing extension, full and textured media and improved bass.
But above all a feeling of not wanting to stop listening.
Really a great improvement, I am very, very happy.
Well now I have three Silver Minimus, if someone is interested in any unit, PM to me.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
D76119BE-8963-4EA4-A717-502CAFDFEC55.jpg

Attachments

• 212CBB02-5A50-45C2-B63A-B8E33AC0A474.jpg
    212CBB02-5A50-45C2-B63A-B8E33AC0A474.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 233

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well ... two more "candy" also arrived. 05D981F6-F2E0-469A-BEFD-8453E49EB116.jpg 859A2AA0-11E3-415F-AA50-3F2D2DD317BF.jpg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Silver Minimus for sale. FBD20498-B286-4F6C-89DF-50928DDF8FEC.jpg

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Can I say I say I told you so?
Yes the Poseidon is heavy and if you do get tempted to try the Olympus make sure your son is there to help again because it is a real monster but a great performer.
Thanks for the photos. A lovely looking system!
I'm still waiting for my Infinity upgrade cables to return. Entreq struggling to meet the demand. But I can live with that as it is a real bonus to have the upgrade option and not to have to buy new cables.
Enjoy!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Thank Barry

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Francisco

Well done on getting the Poseidon. I had actually corresponded with Paolo about it, and he was doing it for a great price, but the shipping costs to Australia are a fortune (35kg, yikes) which didn't help myself with overall cost (Paolo was great to deal with, even just as an enquiry).

I ended up getting the Tellus 2 from the local Australian dealer (he did as good a price as he could considering brand new, and confirmed 120mm height, therefore would fit into my display cabinet). I also got the 2 x Silver Eartha cables (Spade to RCA), and he upgraded the other Spade-to-Spade Silver Eartha cables to the Infinity range (these will be used on the negative speaker binding post terminals of my Devialet's).

So my Entreq gear arrived yesterday, and then hit a snag - the Tellus 2 doesn't fit into my display cabinet. I had previously mentioned this to the Australian distributor that my display cabinet only had a gap of 125mm, but was advised height of Tellus 2 was 120mm so should just squeeze in. Well guess what, it's not 120mm in height, but 135mm - it doesn't fit :mad: . Not fully the Australian distributor's fault as on the Entreq website it states 120mm height (@P-O), so he was just going of these figures (he only carries small stock so didn't have a Tellus 2 in stock to measure when I previously asked the question).

Also with the new Silver Infinity Cables, they've changed them from Spade-to-Spade over to the new Hook-to-Hook. I wasn’t aware of this new hook arrangement and I can’t get it to fit between my speaker binding posts to connect properly :confused:. Now this one I won't blame the Australian distributor too much as he had only charged me the price for the old Silver Eartha Cables, and thought he was doing the right thing getting me the new cables for no up charge. I will try and see if I can do something with the binding posts (a thin file comes to mind), as the new Infinity Cables are supposed to be a step up on the old Eartha cables, so will have to wait and see what I can do there (any suggestions appreciated on how to get between the plastic outer casing on the binding post).

Only installed the Entreq gear yesterday, and as mentioned by others this gear needs a day or 2 to settle in before any improvements will be evident (if they are evident I'm still to find out Undecided ).

Entreq Tellus 2 (1).JPG

Entreq Tellus 2 (2).JPG

Entreq Tellus 2 (3).JPG

Entreq Tellus 2 (Website).jpg

Entreq Silver Cable HtoH (1).JPG

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well it seems that I was lucky that Australia and Italy are so far away, if not now I would not have my Poseidon. :D
I'm sorry about the Apollo cable connection. I already had to suffer those poles, in my old B & W 802D and I detested them.

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Francisco

Mate, good on you getting Paolo's Poseidon; the best dressed guy get's the girl ;)

Can't go into it just now, but P-O gave me a call from Sweden today and will sort something out with my Tellus 2 & Infinity Cables (now that's customer service for you :D). He did admit the sizing of 12cm height was the box casing and didn't include the extra height of the front panel (13.5cm).

Haven't had a chance to properly hear what the Entreq gear does to my system, but as a Company top notch service :b

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing