Entreq Tellus grounding

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Screenshot_2017-04-18-00-17-32.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-18-00-17-40.jpg

From the personal Facebook of a Hong Kong hifi magazine, Hi Fi Review writer Mr. Chung.

Plug the Apollo power plug ground cable between Silver Minimus and PS Audio P10. Only plug in 10 minutes, I noticed improvement already. 100% sure background is more quiet, much quieter than my expectation. Listen to violin and guitar solo, lots of details can be heard. If its performance score 10 points now, unplugging the ground cable can only score 3 points. Listen to Orchestra, the soundstage is much deeper. Strings is in the front, same as before. Woodwinds and percussions are farther to the back of the stage.

Add Silver Minimus to P10 using power plug ground cable, does it mean P10 is useless? Not good enough? No, please don't make a misunderstanding, P10 is a very good power regenerator. It did provide a steady power and good at cleaning RFI/EMI interference. Add Silver Minimus to the ground make it much better, make the whole system upgrade.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Connect the middle post of Tellus II to PS Audio P10. Left and right posts to amp's negative speaker output posts. Details can be heard easily. Soundstage depth is deep. I like laid back, less pressure sound, long listening session won't make you tired. Tellus II is very suitable for me.

Screenshot_2017-04-18-00-11-49.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-18-00-12-13.jpg

frekivalto

Jan 6, 2018
Connect the middle post of Tellus II to PS Audio P10. Left and right posts to amp's negative speaker output posts. Details can be heard easily. Soundstage depth is deep. I like laid back, less pressure sound, long listening session won't make you tired. Tellus II is very suitable for me. QUOTE]

Thank you Mike, and Barry, and eds60
Thank you for your response and help.
Currently the earthing cable is plugged into the output of P10. I attached a picture of the design.
It works very well. All my devices are connected to an Atlantis earthing cable. I only have one Olympus Tellus earthing box. To do this, connect an Atlantis earth cable, 9 pieces. It is very expensive so I could only buy it. All devices are connected to the grounding box. And there are also digital cables, USB and XLR digit cables, which are also Entreq.

Hi. Peter

my_audio1.jpg

trev

Apr 3, 2015
Norfolk U.K
Hello Barry
I have my mains conditioners connected to a Silver Tellus. I use an Atlantis Y shape (2 spades to 1 spade) Eartha cable to connect 2 Isotek mains conditioners (connected to the ground/earth post connections on the rear of the Isoteks) to one of my Silver Tellus's and I am more than happy with the end result, I personally believe the more things in the system which can be connected to Entreq boxes the better

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks eds
I hadn't heard of people using the Olympus Tellus with power conditioners before and will look forward to reading the Hong Kong review when you get time to post it.
You live and learn!

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Barry, the article is not print in the magazine. The writer posts it in his personal Facebook account.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you all for your responses and eds for the photos etc.
I have an Audience Aspect AR 8 passive power conditioner which is plugged into one of the dual mains sockets with an Olympus Tellus mains cable plugged into the second mains outlet which works well.
Perhaps I should try transferring Olympus mains cable to one of the Aspect's outlets to see if that works better..

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Paolo
Thanks for posting that.
Just finished watching it and it was really interesting and enjoyable to see how the Entreq gear is built and the presentations were really good and well done. Even relying upon my laptop speakers the sound was lovely and clear.
Last year's cable upgrades to Apollo speaker cables and Atlantis Dual AES earthed to an Olympus 10 have been a great buy. Their is a new ease and clarity to the sound.
A batch of my cables is now with Entreq for upgrading to Infinity - two Apollo balanced i/cs, two Atlantis earth cables and an Apollo for the Poseidon and negative speaker terminals and the Atlantis earth cable for the dual AESs. Hope to get them back in the next couple of weeks and really looking forward to hearing them in the system.
I haven't heard them but all the reports have been very positive.
Will post my impressions once they are up and running.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Hi Paolo
Thanks for posting that.
Just finished watching it and it was really interesting and enjoyable to see how the Entreq gear is built and the presentations were really good and well done. Even relying upon my laptop speakers the sound was lovely and clear.
Last year's cable upgrades to Apollo speaker cables and Atlantis Dual AES earthed to an Olympus 10 have been a great buy. Their is a new ease and clarity to the sound.
A batch of my cables is now with Entreq for upgrading to Infinity - two Apollo balanced i/cs, two Atlantis earth cables and an Apollo for the Poseidon and negative speaker terminals and the Atlantis earth cable for the dual AESs. Hope to get them back in the next couple of weeks and really looking forward to hearing them in the system.
I haven't heard them but all the reports have been very positive.
Will post my impressions once they are up and running.

Hi Barry,
yes indeed very intersting to know what's behind the "name" of a company.
Happy to know you have upgraded your speaker and interconnect cables, I've no dubt, it must have been a big improvement!!!
I will look forward for your impressions.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
A terror movie.
Three months ago I sent my ten Eartha Apollo cables to Entreq, to ??update them to Infinity.
They were a month and a half lost. My transport company did not know where they were.
In the end it was the friendly people of Entreq who located them.
They are already at home and the improvement is evident, but it was a very hard month and a half.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
What a nightmare and you must have been enormously relieved when they were found by Entreq.
Good to hear that the Infinity upgrade is an evident improvement and really looking forward to getting mine back and up and running.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
here are a couple spots I use the A10 U8's.

http://wavekinetics.com/products/a10-u8/?doing_wp_cron=1515123946.6017279624938964843750

top pic is the three Atlantic Minimus (you can only see 2 of them) boosting the Poseidon, and also under the Poseidon (you cannot see the A10 U8's underneath). then bottom pic is under the Silver Tellus.

View attachment 38068

View attachment 38069

Hello, Mike.

Looks great~!

Does footers installation under Entreq grounding box make sound quality improve?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello, Mike.

Looks great~!

Does footers installation under Entreq grounding box make sound quality improve?

Absolutely it does in my own experience...i have done the Entreq without, Entreq with Stillpoints Ultra SS and Stillpoints Ultra 5s...nice improvements each time.

After not being able to work out a proper combination of isolation under the Tripoint Troy SE (and finding mass damping on top DID work)...i finally found my old HRS Nimbus/Stillpoints Ultra 5 combination once again worked well.

Clarity, density of tone are the two biggest attributes for me. I know nothing about the techno...and it honestly makes no sense to me...but it does work and repeatedly under several setups.

Last edited:

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Absolutely it does in my own experience...i have done the Entreq without, Entreq with Stillpoints Ultra SS and Stillpoints Ultra 5s...nice improvements each time.

After not being able to work out a proper combination of isolation under the Tripoint Troy SE (and finding mass damping on top DID work)...i finally found my old HRS Nimbus/Stillpoints Ultra 5 combination once again worked well.

Clarity, density of tone are the two biggest attributes for me. I know nothing about the techno...and it honestly makes no sense to me...but it does work and repeatedly under several setups.

Thanks for good info~!

I'll try it.

I'll install Hard Point Trinia and Ultra 5.

I'll let you know which footers is better.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for good info~!

I'll try it.

I'll install Hard Point Trinia and Ultra 5.

I'll let you know which footers is better.

Great! Just so you know...i tried Ultra 5s under the tripoint troy and had mixed results...i found the increased clarity also came with a thinness (which i have always found with my Ultra 5s)..and we own around 30 U5s and U6s, so big fans. We ended up adding new HRS nimbus couplers under the U5s with the Tripoint Troy and THEN the sound became great and we are now listening to them permanently installed.

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Tellus 2, Eartha Silver (Spade to RCA x 2), Infinity Silver (Spade to Spade x 2) & Everest

Hi All wondering if you can help me with my potential purchase of Entreq gear.

I’m currently looking at getting a Tellus 2 box, with a pair of Eartha Silver Cables (RCA) to connect to the RCA points of my 2 x Devialet 250Pro’s (set-up as a 1000Pro), which will be connected to the middle connection of the Tellus 2. The two outer connections of the Tellus 2 will connect to the –ve binding post terminals of each Devialet, with Infinity Silver Cables (this time Spade connectors).

As I'll be grounding 2 RCA cables to the same middle connection of the Tellus 2 I’m thinking of getting an Everest Binding Post to add to the middle connector (hoping this helps with having two cables onto the one Tellus 2 connection).

I realise it's best to trial each type of new equipment, but being in Australia there's only the one distributor with him being in the Sydney area, but myself in Perth – so no chance to trial different arrangements. Will add the Aus distributor is giving me a good deal on the full package, and he's been extremely helpful.

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hello, Mike.

Looks great~!

hi Esotar,

yes; my Wave Kinetics A10 U8's improved the sound quality over the Poseidon, Atlantic Minimus and Silver Tellus boxes sitting on the hardwood over concrete floor directly. when on the floor directly, the sound was tonally tipped up and ultra detail, but not natural. with the A10 U8's, naturalness and tonal balance returned yet detail was retained. i think it's important to note that my system is very revealing of change, and so my results are not necessarily typical, but they could be.

I've used the Hardpoint Trina under the Tripoint Elite, and the Hardpoint Serene under the Tripoint Troy Signature both to excellent results. I've not yet tried them under the Entreq, but would expect a boost over the A10 U8's. maybe at some point i will acquire more Trina to try with Entreq.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi All wondering if you can help me with my potential purchase of Entreq gear.

I’m currently looking at getting a Tellus 2 box, with a pair of Eartha Silver Cables (RCA) to connect to the RCA points of my 2 x Devialet 250Pro’s (set-up as a 1000Pro), which will be connected to the middle connection of the Tellus. The 2 outer connections of the Tellus will connect to the –ve binding post terminals of each Devialet, with Infinity Silver Cables (this time Spade connectors).

As I'll be grounding 2 RCA cables to the same middle connection of the Tellus I’m thinking of getting an Everest Binding Post to add to the middle connector (hoping this helps with having 2 cables onto the 1 Tellus connection).

I realise it's best to trial each type of new equipment, but being in Australia there's only the one distributor with him being in the Sydney area, but myself in Perth – so no chance to trial different arrangements. Will add the Aus distributor is giving me a good deal on the full package, and he's been extremely helpful.

Any advice appreciated.

hi Celts, welcome to What's Best Forum.

congrats on the nice system there, and no doubt Entreq can help you to optimize it. i'll try to give you my opinions regarding your planned moves.

first thing; the Tellus is not designed to allow grounding your negative speaker terminals. you don't want to have any other thing connected to any box also connected to the negative speaker terminals. otherwise you can short out your amp, or damage your speakers. the Entreq Poseidon (which i use) is actually designed for this duty as it is three isolated boxes in one chassis. with the Poseidon you can use two of the three boxes for your negative speaker terminal connections. then ground something else with the remaining box.

otherwise; your plan is a good one.

i hope that helps. please ask more questions and we will try our best to help.

best regards,

Mike

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Mike

Appreciate the quick reply.

You must be thinking of the original Tellus as that was internally a single box, but the new Tellus 2 is essentially a baby Poseidon and also has 3 isolated boxes. See below from Entreq website description of Tellus 2:

In one way Tellus II is old stuff in new packaging. But at the same time it's a totally new groundbox that will open up for many new possibilitys. Left and Right outlet are two separated Silver Minimus and the outlet in the middle is the same as a Silver Minimus and Atlantis Mini built together in one chamber.

In other words, its an "entry level Poseidon"
It offers three dedicated ground points which are totally separated from each other.

Cheers
John

Tellus II.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing