Page 282 of 283 FirstFirst ... 182232272273274275276277278279280281282283 LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2823

Thread: Entreq Tellus grounding

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Does it matter if S Tellus and other Entreq boxes are installed the “wrong way” ie on their narrow sides?

If these boxes need to be 15cm apart, then the only way I can position my S Tellus, S Cleanus and O Minimus boxes on one isolation platform, is to have them all stood on their narrow sides.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    I've never heard of anybody mounting them on their sides and I am sure it is not a good idea.
    The cure is worse than the problem!

I’m unsure why, Barry.

I mean it’s not as if there are components in these ground boxes.

We’re talking tightly packed minerals w wiring/cabling interspersed.

Nothing to “come loose”.

Interesting, and oft told story about grounding, and it happened to me again over the last 24hrs.

System has been singing in the last 6 weeks as never before. I’ve been in a 100% Zen state, not once considering adjusting anything, upgrades, tweaks etc. I’ve had a last couple of rounds of tweaks pending, but I haven’t once obsessed about these.

Barry2013 is coming over to listen to the system after many delays as I struggled to get my analog reinstalled sounding any good.

So, I thought I’d declutter my cable loom which had been looking a little untidy. Out came all the pwr cords, interconnects and spkr cbls, and ground leads, to be laid more neatly, and all reconnected.

Listening this morning, and something not right, sound veiled and muted.

I had also installed some RollerBlocks under Straingauge energiser, cdp and monos.

Back to the age old navel gazing, but upon perusing the cables, it was apparent the Apollo lead from the Straingauge energiser had come loose.

Reconnected, and everything snapped into focus, and more 20mins in. Popping my cable elevators under my loom took it up a bit more too.

After 18 months or so of being maybe a little cool on Entreq, this simple experience has recestablished my faith in the product and it’s effectiveness.

Indeed the uptick today was v similar to the original demo in 2013 which sold Entreq grounding to me and got me enthusiastic enough to set the ball rolling on WBF w this thread.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    I’m unsure why, Barry.

I mean it’s not as if there are components in these ground boxes.

We’re talking tightly packed minerals w wiring/cabling interspersed.

Nothing to “come loose”.
    I don't think that the filling is tightly packed from top to bottom so may not cover the connections inside as well as in a horizontal position.
    I can't imagine that vertical placement is as satisfactory in the absence of any reference to it on Entreq's website or any example I have come across of that configuration.
    That said you could give it a try and see if it works.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Has anybody tried the Entreq USB cables?
    I ask because when I was with my supplier he took a call from a dealer who rang him to say that the Entreq Prime usb cable had outperformed every other cable he had tried including very considerably more expensive ones. I don't stream so I have no experience but I thought I would share it in case it is of interest to those who do.

Hi.
    These days I'm considering buying a second unit of Entreq Poseidon. So to partially finance your purchase I have decided to sell 3 cables Entreq Eartha Apollo with RCA termination, upgraded to Infinity.
    If someone is interested in a good purchase PM to me.
    Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers / Göbel XLR Cables/Göbel and AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Alfa and Sigma Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini/ Entreq Poseidon and Silver Tellus, Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

Hi all,

I was playing around with my Olympic Minimus as a chassis grounding box and wanted to discuss some interesting results.
    There may be a bunch of info on chassis grounding buried in this thread, however chassis grounding seems to be secondary in perception
    on this thread.

I use a Nordost Qbase MkII for power distribution on a dedicated line from a Torus Isolation transformer. It has a separate ground Lug which
    bonds all the sockets in the qbase and also combines the house ground onto a single point.

I used a pair of Nordost Qkore Grounding cables to ground the Qbase and chassis ground on my AUralic Aries LPS to the Olympus Minimus.
    I dont own any entreq grounding cables... The Nordost QKore cables seem to work nicely with the Olympus box.

The results have been quite nice and have been gaining as the hours have gone by. Detail, dynamics, bass and ability to draw me into the soundstage, all very much improved.

As I think of this method, it occurs to me -- By grounding @ the qbase, Im able to use the ground wire of the power cords to each component without having to run
    extra parallel grounding cables. Maybe a cost effective method of system chassis grounding.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Thanks jturbo.
    That is interesting.
    I recently replaced my Audience Aspect AR8 with a newly introduced Musical Bliss power block which I will start a new thread on very shortly.
    Attached are some photos and mine uses an Entreq Apollo earth lead connected to my Entreq Olympus. It needs 500-600 hours burn in which is nearly completed and it has brought a new level of definition and musicality to my system.
    Both interesting examples of how Entreq can be applied with other productsName:  Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  116.5 KBName:  Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  134.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Barry2013 View Post
    Thanks jturbo.
    That is interesting.
    I recently replaced my Audience Aspect AR8 with a newly introduced Musical Bliss power block which I will start a new thread on very shortly.
    Attached are some photos and mine uses an Entreq Apollo earth lead connected to my Entreq Olympus. It needs 500-600 hours burn in which is nearly completed and it has brought a new level of definition and musicality to my system.
    Both interesting examples of how Entreq can be applied with other productsName:  Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  116.5 KBName:  Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  134.6 KB

That is interesting. I think that power distributors with ground ports are a plus!

Page 282 of 283 FirstFirst ... 182232272273274275276277278279280281282283 LastLast