Entreq Tellus grounding

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Peak 098?

Esotar......you are a tease. :) you now have our attention.

is Peak 098 preferred to Everest?

different in what way???

I don't know different between Peak and Everest.

Because I have not to use Everest.

Korean binding post is Boster and Peak.

Maybe a site manager who produces idea would use Everest.

But he didn,t any opinion and Korea decided to import only Boster and Peak.

K2 - (higher) - Everest - (higher) - Peak (?) Ha Ha

In Korea, there is below grounding box

IMG_2933.jpg

Gaia gronding box for car

But I use it home.

I think Gaia is better than Silver.

Reactions: gkg2k

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Things are going to get interesting , real interesting
New infinity line cables from Entreq .
With the new processing , the new entry level copper beats the old Apollo in terms of performance .

image.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I don't know different between Peak and Everest.

Because I have not to use Everest.

Korean binding post is Boster and Peak.

Maybe a site manager who produces idea would use Everest.

But he didn,t any opinion and Korea decided to import only Boster and Peak.

K2 - (higher) - Everest - (higher) - Peak (?) Ha Ha

In Korea, there is below grounding box

Gaia gronding box for car

But I use it home.

I think Gaia is better than Silver.

thank you Esotar, for the information.

we are now more informed, but more confused. maybe someone has compared these products directly?

interesting to have separate products and naming approaches for different markets. I suppose they have their reasons.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Everyone:

I am new to whatbestforum. I bought my first Entreq ground box Silver Tellus two months ago. After reading the forum, I bought Poseidon. I only have the Poseidon for 2 weeks and I am very satisfy with the improvement. I have been using another grounding product called Sound Mechanics(from Hong Kong) for over 10 years. The Sound Mechanics are inexpensive and the result is very good to me. Even I have Silver Tellus and Poseidon, I still think Sound Mechanics are very good. I still used them altogether.

I have friends using Tellus, Silver Tellus. 4 friends using 2 Silver Tellus in their system, 3 of them upgrade to Olympus Tellus. I have listened to Entreq many times before I do the purchase.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Peak 098?

Esotar......you are a tease. :) you now have our attention.

is Peak 098 preferred to Everest?

different in what way???

Hi Mike, I bought Poseidon after reading your and other owners comments.

I have been to your home 11 years ago. A group of Audiophiles from Vancouver Canada visit you, I am one of them. At that time, you sold your 9SE. We listened to 7SE.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike, I bought Poseidon after reading your and other owners comments.

I have been to your home 11 years ago. A group of Audiophiles from Vancouver Canada visit you, I am one of them. At that time, you sold your 9SE. We listened to 7SE.

hello eds,

welcome to What's Best Forum. we would enjoy hearing about this 'Sound Mechanics' grounding product.

I do recall that visit of a group from Vancouver back in 2006; my system was in transition. it's good to hear you are happy with the Entreq Poseidon, I think very highly of what it does in my system.

you are most welcome to visit me again, if you would like to. my system is much different today.

best regards,

Mike

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
I would like to visit again.:D My friend has came along with me in the visit always said he wants to visit again. One member from the group, Tim. He met you in Rocky Mountain Show and visit you again.

Edmund

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
hello eds,

welcome to What's Best Forum. we would enjoy hearing about this 'Sound Mechanics' grounding product.

I do recall that visit of a group from Vancouver back in 2006; my system was in transition. it's good to hear you are happy with the Entreq Poseidon, I think very highly of what it does in my system.

you are most welcome to visit me again, if you would like to. my system is much different today.

best regards,

Mike

2017-10-17 11.44.16.jpg

2017-10-17 11.51.00.jpg

The Sound Mechanics DC1 ground box(now discontinued) is the small long box with 2 turning knobs and PX2000 platform(on the top shelf) which also has grounding function. DC1 and PX2000 should connect together to get better result. A ground cable from the ground box should plug into the wall receptacle to get the maximum result, the wall ground cable is not provide by the company. Only recommend in their website. One AA battery is need for the DC1 box, I am not able to see other components inside the box.

I have experience with different cables to wall receptacle. First 1.5mm Mundorf gold/silver wire with good result. Then use a Nordost Valhalla power cord, twisted 7 strands together as a ground cable. Recently using a Nordost Odin as a ground cable. Connecting the DC1 and PX2000, first I used Romex in wall cable, 1mm Mundorf, 1.5mm Mundorf, Valhalla as ground cable(jumpers), V2, two Valhalla, two V2, three V2 and last four V2. Four V2, that's 4 pieces of V2 power cords, total of 28 strands. There are noticeable difference adding more.

A lot of Audiophiles in Vancouver using Nordost power cord as a ground cable. I purchase the Nordost from my friends.

Last edited:

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
2017-10-17 11.43.32.jpg

I used the Silver Tellus to connect to only one piece of equipment, preamp. Using 6 jumpers to connected all the posts made a significant improvement. Each post is now connect to the other 3 posts. I used 4 Audio Note Sogon jumpers and 2 Nordost V2 power cord as jumpers. The difference using 2 jumpers is as big as using one Everest. If connect more than one piece of equipment to Silver Tellus? Don't connect the posts together, to avoid interference.

I have do an AB comparison. Silver Tellus with 2 Everest and 6 jumpers compare to one compartment of Poseidon. Poseidon is much better. Highs extent higher and smoother. Amount of bass is less, but extent lower and much cleaner. Soundstage is wider when connect to Poseidon.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I would like to visit again.:D My friend has came along with me in the visit always said he wants to visit again. One member from the group, Tim. He met you in Rocky Mountain Show and visit you again.

Edmund

The Sound Mechanics DC1 ground box(now discontinued) is the small long box with 2 turning knobs and PX2000 platform(on the top shelf) which also has grounding function. DC1 and PX2000 should connect together to get better result. A ground cable from the ground box should plug into the wall receptacle to get the maximum result, the wall ground cable is not provide by the company. Only recommend in their website. One AA battery is need for the DC1 box, I am not able to see other components inside the box.

I have experience with different cables to wall receptacle. First 1.5mm Mundorf gold/silver wire with good result. Then use a Nordost Valhalla power cord, twisted 7 strands together as a ground cable. Recently using a Nordost Odin as a ground cable. Connecting the DC1 and PX2000, first I used Romex in wall cable, 1mm Mundorf, 1.5mm Mundorf, Valhalla as ground cable(jumpers), V2, two Valhalla, two V2, three V2 and last four V2. Four V2, that's 4 pieces of V2 power cords, total of 28 strands. There are noticeable difference adding more.

A lot of Audiophiles in Vancouver using Nordost power cord as a ground cable. I purchase the Nordost from my friends.

Edmund,

many thanks for the pictures. that is some serious ground cables there. I would expect it to be very effective. Nordost Odin as a ground cable sounds like it could be awesome. you have done quite a bit of work on grounding. i'm sure a few here would enjoy more details about it.

I think I know who Tim is and I think he has visited me more recently again (with his wife I think), if I have it right (maybe not). in any case, whenever you and your group would like to visit agin I would enjoy it. so PM me if you don't have my email and we can do it.

Congrats again on the Poseidon.

best regards,

Mike

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
View attachment 36587

I used the Silver Tellus to connect to only one piece of equipment, preamp. Using 6 jumpers to connected all the posts made a significant improvement. Each post is now connect to the other 3 posts. I used 4 Audio Note Sogon jumpers and 2 Nordost V2 power cord as jumpers. The difference using 2 jumpers is as big as using one Everest. If connect more than one piece of equipment to Silver Tellus? Don't connect the posts together, to avoid interference.

I have do an AB comparison. Silver Tellus with 2 Everest and 6 jumpers compare to one compartment of Poseidon. Poseidon is much better. Highs extent higher and smoother. Amount of bass is less, but extent lower and much cleaner. Soundstage is wider when connect to Poseidon.

now I see these new pictures. love those Audio Note Sogon and Nordost V2 jumpers. I might have to try and find some of those.

and I agree that the Poseidon seems to go further than the Silver Tellus. and I have my Poseidon boosted with the Altlantic Minimus boxes too.

some very thought provoking feedback. your group up in Vancouver seems very resourceful.

i'm considering adding the Atlantic Tellus to the Silver Tellus to get that boosted.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Edmund,

many thanks for the pictures. that is some serious ground cables there. I would expect it to be very effective. Nordost Odin as a ground cable sounds like it could be awesome. you have done quite a bit of work on grounding. i'm sure a few here would enjoy more details about it.

I think I know who Tim is and I think he has visited me more recently again (with his wife I think), if I have it right (maybe not). in any case, whenever you and your group would like to visit agin I would enjoy it. so PM me if you don't have my email and we can do it.

Congrats again on the Poseidon.

best regards,

Mike

3 person that I know start using the Entreq ground box and Nordost as ground cable few years ago. At the beginning start with one Tellus, then Silver Tellus and 2 Silver Tellus. Using a $30US/ft silver wire as ground cable. One person think Entreq Silver grounding cable is expensive. He came up an idea, trying to use 1 strand of the Valhalla power cord as ground cable. He did a comparison with the $30US/ft silver wire, Entreq Copper and Silver, 1 strand of Valhalla. He thinks 1 strand Valhalla is the best. Other people using Tellus, single Silver Tellus and 2 Silver Tellus have do the comparison at home. And everyone prefer 1 strand Valhalla.

After 1 strand, 2 strands, 3 strands, the whole cable 7 strands, V2. Everytime has a very positive result. No one has tried the higher price Entreq ground cable, so don't know how they compare with Nordost. Someone came up an idea connecting the posts. Begin with 1 jumpers and end up with 4 jumpers on each Silver Tellus. Finally adding 4 more jumpers to connect 2 Silver Tellus together. All equipments are connected to Silver Telllus, interference should exist. But the add benefit with 12 pieces of jumpers made 3 owners very happy. Their friend in USA do the same thing, connecting 2 Silver Tellus posts together with an Atlantis Tellus.

Someone tried a ground cable from ground box to wall receptacle, the difference is very impressive. Entreq doesn't recommend connect equipments to Silver Tellus and wall receptacle together. Entreq came out the Olympus Tellus which has one post dedicate for ground receptacle. They started to discover Silver Tellus connect to wall receptacle has a negative effect if the receptacle is not a dedicate line. Even it is a dedicate line, other equipment has plugged in and share the same receptacle will have a negative effect.

At the beginning, we think connecting Silver Tellus to wall receptacle will drain away the "noise" because it works. After we know Entreq recommend plugging a Silver Minimus(nothing connect to it) to wall receptacle to clear the 'noise" in the power line. We start to think connecting to wall receptacle is not draining away the "noise" ,connecting Silver Tellus is actually cleaning the power line. The "noise" from the power line may enter back into Silver Tellus, that's why they found out it must be a dedicated line with nothing connect to the wall receptacle. One person feel that using the jumpers is not a good idea when Silver Tellus connect to equipments and wall receptacle together. He removed all 12 jumpers. Two other person still prefer with 12 jumpers.

One person try using Odin as ground cable. He was very happy with the result. He lent Odin to other people. A few person start to look for 2nd hand Odin.

All of them have upgrade to Olympus Tellus now.

People have use Nordost Valhalla, V2 or Odin power cord probably will think the background noise is very low. Also the speed is fast. This two characteristic made us think Nordost is a very good ground cable.

2017-10-17 22.25.05.jpg

2017-10-17 22.22.14.jpg

2017-10-17 22.20.51.jpg

2017-10-17 22.25.57.jpg

Last edited:

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Inside the Silver Tellus is one big box, no seperation inside. Why bother to use jumpers to connect the posts?

My thinking is, when connect a piece of equipment to one of the post. Only the mineral around that post is working to absorb the "noise". Connect all 4 posts? the minerial around the 4 posts working together.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
eds60 .... Now I've seen it all !!! That's plain crazy , wow . Please explain .... You guys are using two or three Silver Tellus/ Atkantis combos , in which the equipment is connected to one Tellus and the other posts of the adjoining box has been jumped in series . Is my understanding correct ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing