Entreq Tellus grounding

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
When I received my Poseidon, I connected to the central post, an Eartha Apollo Infinity RJ45 that in turn connected to the AQvox Switch. The result was very satisfactory and certainly superior to the connection to a Silver Minimus.
Well to further improve the ground connection of the switch, I bought an Eartha Apollo Infinity with Schuko connector and connected it to the same central pole of the Poseidon and the Shuko to a free receptacle (HC) in my Shunyata Denali. The result was not good.

PO not recommends to share the post with another grounding when using it for power outlet grounding with spade/Shuko cable. There is so much noise and dirt in the power that this grounding should be done by a single post or seperated Silver Tellus doing only this.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Recently, I bought Olympus Minimus for the first time.

I have three Olympus Tens.

Now, I regreted that I bought Olympus Tens.

In Korea, Olympus Minimus price is $ 2,538.

Olympus Ten is $ 1,563.

But Olympus Minimus is much better than Olympus Ten.

I don't know Entreq products in other countries.

If in your country, prices of them are like Korea, I highly recommend Olympus Minimus.

Of cause, the best cost-effective Entreq grounding box is Poseidon.

Next is Olympus Minimus, I think.

P1000034.JPG

P1000035.JPG

P1000036.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: NanoSword

Celts88

Feb 15, 2018
Perth, Australia
Esotar

What's the square binding posts you have on your ground boxes (they're not K2 or Everests)?

By the way, that's some collection of Entreq you have there :D

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Esotar

What's the square binding posts you have on your ground boxes (they're not K2 or Everests)?

By the way, that's some collection of Entreq you have there :D

Dear, Celts88

In WBF, I said about upper binding post four times.

Korean audiophiles never use Everest or K2.

Everest and K2 are made by a Korean audiophile's idea.

Entreq received his binding post idea and released Everest and K2.

Entreq give only Korea binding posts and a grounding box for thank.

Binding Post : Boster (K2) / Peak (Everest)

Grounding Box : Gaia (for car & car audio / can use in home)

I let you show the pictures.

P1000037.JPG

When Entreq make new products, they sent the Korean audiophile who gave Entreq great idea.

He say OK, Entreq releases the product.

Korea doesn't have great HI FI brands.

But some audiophiles are giving useful idea to famous HI FI brands.

I'm supporting Light Harmonic. LH will release new DAC [[[Galileo]]].

(Multibit-Ladder / Bit Perfect / Discrete Headphone Amp / Discrete A Class Pre / $ 12,500)

You will know only Aurender as a Korean brand.

I'm informing HI FI Stay to the world.

Powerful audiophile Mike Lavign uses HI FI Stay [Hard Point Trinia] footers under MSB Select DAC II.

trinia.jpg

I give Mike a Peak for present.

(Mike bought HI FI Stay [Hard Point Serene] 1 set

and [Hard Point Trinia] 6 sets. So I gave a peak for thanks.)

If you are interested with Peak, ask him about it.

p.s

Remember~!

Great Korean HI FI brand is not Aurender, it's HI FI Stay~!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gkg2k

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
This morning the two Eartha RJ45 cables arrived; an Atlantis Infinity and the new Olympus Infinity.
The first thing that caught my attention when opening the boxes is the thickness of Atlantis, well, the Olympus is even thicker.
They also come with a single hook finish and not two spades as before.

First I retired the Infinity Apollo and connected the Atlantis Infinity (I had never had an Atlantis). Rapidamente a warmer character, with great bass and a body more complete than Apollo, very interesting for orchestral music I prefer it to the Apollo more open but with some nervousness and less body.
Then I connected the Olympus and left it 30 minutes before hearing the same music. The character is more similar to Apollo than to Atlantis, but much better than Apollo. With it, you realize that Atlantis introduces a light veil in music. Olympus withdraws it, but not at the expense (like Apollo) of less musicality. The cable is dynamic, with great bass, very open and very musical.
All this is what I have been able to hear in my system, in another perhaps the result would be different.
Definitely Olympus stays, Atlantis is returned.
A57574BF-CC38-4D00-B3DB-6BA22684C5B5.jpg
06E49E1D-912B-44DC-8944-037D1978B194.jpg

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
This morning the two Eartha RJ45 cables arrived; an Atlantis Infinity and the new Olympus Infinity.
The first thing that caught my attention when opening the boxes is the thickness of Atlantis, well, the Olympus is even thicker.
They also come with a single hook finish and not two spades as before.

First I retired the Infinity Apollo and connected the Atlantis Infinity (I had never had an Atlantis). Rapidamente a warmer character, with great bass and a body more complete than Apollo, very interesting for orchestral music I prefer it to the Apollo more open but with some nervousness and less body.
Then I connected the Olympus and left it 30 minutes before hearing the same music. The character is more similar to Apollo than to Atlantis, but much better than Apollo. With it, you realize that Atlantis introduces a light veil in music. Olympus withdraws it, but not at the expense (like Apollo) of less musicality. The cable is dynamic, with great bass, very open and very musical.
All this is what I have been able to hear in my system, in another perhaps the result would be different.
Definitely Olympus stays, Atlantis is returned.
View attachment 39680
View attachment 39681

Great information~!

I don't have Olympus Eartha cable yet.

I ordered Atlantis Eartha for Trinity DAC.

Your opinion makes me change my order.

Thanks~!

Ricardo007

Nov 13, 2015
Nos ancêtres les Gaullois
One question is it better to have minimus with Atlantis cable or olympus ten with constantin cable?
Both ground boxes have same capacity 2kg and total price more or less same
In other word is prévalence is to cables or to ground boxes?

Ricardo007

Nov 13, 2015
Nos ancêtres les Gaullois
Boxes or cables?

One question is it better to have minimus with Atlantis cable or olympus ten with constantin cable?
Both ground boxes have same capacity 2kg and total price more or less same
In other word is prévalence is to cables or to ground boxes?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Ricardo
I have one Olympus 10 which I got a while ago and use it with an Atlantis earth cable to ground my dual AES cables. That works well although I am currently waiting for it to come back from an Infinity upgrade.
I have a number of other Atlantis earth cables and find that they are more resolving than the Apollo earth cables but none of them use a Silver Minimus.
My hunch is that the 10 and an Atlantis would be the better option and that it would work best on the 552.The Konstantin/Silver Minimus I suspect has a bigger capacity so could be a better bet for a digital component.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hello all, please note that Ultisone is clearing all of its Entreq demo products and stock at very interesting prices. Check www.ultisone.be for the list of products and prices asked.

Thanks

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Review: Entreq Olympus Tellus Grounding Box

? https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/04/08/review-entreq-olympus-tellus-grounding-box/

Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding box: $9,650 USD.

Not to be trifled with at over 100 pounds.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for posting that review Bob.
I kept saying yes to myself as I read his review as it encapsulates so well the benefits of Entreq grounding and the OT in particular.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hi Barry,

If I was an audio dealer I would love to carry the products from that company in my audio arsenal, Entreq. Anything that eliminates noise to let the music speak more clearly with full body and envelope is a more intimate communication to our passion. It's a short article, well written, to the point. From there it's up to the listener, us, to verify the goods. The true audiophiles already did, and they confirmed the benefits.

Everything is important.

Reactions: novacdjokotoet

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I am curious as to what benefit these would bring if one has an isolation transformer and a dedicated earth?

Reactions: gkg2k

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry,

If I was an audio dealer I would love to carry the products from that company in my audio arsenal, Entreq. Anything that eliminates noise to let the music speak more clearly with full body and envelope is a more intimate communication to our passion. It's a short article, well written, to the point. From there it's up to the listener, us, to verify the goods. The true audiophiles already did, and they confirmed the benefits.

Everything is important.

Spot on Bob

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
My Infinity upgraded cables arrived on Friday and were installed that afternoon.
They comprise two Apollo interconnects for the Magnum Dynalab 109 FM tuner and a newly acquired Scarlatti dac, two Atlantis earth cables for negative speaker terminal grounding Poseidon/Vitus SIA 025, ditto Apollo earth for amp grounding and an Apollo to Olympus Ten grounding the dual AES cables on the Scarlatti transport.
Obviously replacing at the same time the Paganini dac with the Scarlatti precludes a proper comparison with CDs so my main comments are based on FM tuner comparisons.
The cables have now had about 30 hours playing time and I am currently listening to a lunchtime concert from Wigmore Hall BBC Radio 3 featuring Christoph Pregardien singing German romantic pieces.Not a regular part of my listening repertoire but a very impressive singer.
Has it been a good investment? Without question. To use a description used previously on this forum, it has been like moving from a standard res photo to a high res version. So much more musical information with a new level of refinement of the sound. By that I don't mean more polite but purer and more concentrated. Better vocal articulation and the less apparent backing instruments and sounds standing out much more clearly than previously. The trademark musicality of the Entreq cables is enhanced further by the Infinity upgrades and the background is just non existent.
They have made a real difference to the sound of harpsichords which can sound a bit jangly. With the new cables the harmonics are so much more rounded and the harshness is tamed. Similarly piano reproduction which now has a much fuller and rounded sound with no loss of transparency and better harmonics and decay.
With Cds/SACDS all the same benefits.Playing the Dire Straits SACD Brothers in Arms 20th anniversary edition I was getting a full on wall of sound on the relevant tracks and the vocal nuances on the title track were revealed to a much greater extent. The Melody Gardot CD Live in Europe sounded absolutely delightful and her voice has never sounded better on my system.
Up grading the Apollo interconnects is a more costly job than for the earth cables but you get in effect a new Apollo Infinity i/c which significantly out performs the standard Apollo so definitely value for money.
I can't give you any vinyl feedback because my Rock V turntable is on its way back to Max for an overdue service but hope to do that later when that Apollo i/c has had its Infinity upgrade.
Just a quick sign off comment on Christoph Pregardien. A wonderful voice and highly recommended.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I am curious as to what benefit these would bring if one has an isolation transformer and a dedicated earth?

I have a balanced Equi=tech 10WQ wall panel/isolation transformer with a dedicated ground rod for my dedicated room (in a barn separate from my house).

and use an Entreq Poseidon and three Silver Minimus booster boxes for grounding (1) negative speaker terminals on my amps, and (2) my bass tower amps. I use an Entreq Silver Tellus for my 3 Studer A-820 tape decks and my King Cello tape repro output electronics.

I also use a Tripoint Elite grounding box on my sources and a Tripoint Troy Signature grounding box on my amp chassis.

the Entreq is not connected to my AC power grid ground, but my Tripoint boxes are.

these products improve performance, as does my Equi=tech isolation transformer. first came the Equi=tech, then the Tripoint Troy Sig, then the Entreq Boxes, and then the Tripoint Elite. each step was an improvement to the overall musical performance.

my system has a remarkably low noise floor and startling dynamic life; my electronics seem to flourish in this environment.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I received Eartha Infinity Olympus cable for Trinity DAC

Very impressed~!!!

Among Entreq Eartha cables, Infinity Olympus make the best improvement.

I also borrow Infinity Atlantis

It is good cable, but Infinity Olympus can't be compared with Infinity Atlantis

Highly recommended~!

P1000044.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing