Entreq Tellus grounding

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I thought I'd jump back in the Entreq thread that I started some years back, and has been so ably continued in my absence
I hope I haven't been missed TOO much
As some of you know, my system was packed away for well over a year, and only recently set up again in my brand new room
The room has truly excellent acoustics, and more relevant to this thread, truly unadulterated power, w neighbours few and far between, and a bespoke isolated feed/dedicated lines/8kVA balanced transformer supply to my gear
Things sounded already great out of the box, ie approx 2x better than my prev London apartment, and that's prior to my power being sorted
Ie cheapo cheapo power cords straight out of domestic house sockets
Moving up to the bespoke power setup, now utilising my Sablon Reservas power cords w US plugs into my Furutech sockets has pushed things along massively in terms of bass headroom, texture and drive
Then I proceeded to add in my Entreq ie Silver Tellus, Apollos to all components, and Apollo Cleanus/Olympus Minimus (plugged into a spare Furutech), and hear the difference
Initially, not much at all
A hint of additional sweetness, but on balance not dramatic
A few days later, things on the analog front esp have benefitted a lot, a great deal more transparent and "decluttered" and the typical Entreq opening up of communication in the presentation

I would have to say however, Entreq is nowhere near as beneficial as in London
I do put this down to my grid being so much cleaner
But Mike has even better power than me, so maybe there's another explanation, and I think I know what it is

In London, for whatever reason, going from Apollo to Atlantis ground cbls was a negative
Despite Barry's and pretty much everyone's favourable trials w Atlantis cbls, this wasn't the case for me, w things actually sounding decidedly fuzzier

But now, esp w RogerD highlighting major advantages of signal grounding needing in theory the biggest gauge grounding cbls, and w my room being the v definition of audio microscope and neutral blank canvas, it may be time to reinvestigate ground cbls much chunkier than my Apollos

I actually have a contact (who shall remain nameless) who is going to make up a trial spade-spade ground cbl in the tradition of the Troy Emperor uber fat one, to see if all of this is right by grounding the preamp or phono
If it is, I'll a/b v an Atlantis and we'll go from there

Welcome back Marc.
The Atlantis earth cables don't always work better than the other earth cables. Apollos are usually trouble free and effective.
Will be interested to hear how the comparison goes in your system.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry , no have not . Only have experience with their grounding products . My Atlantis Cleanus does however have a captive Atlantis PC which has the 3.5mm earth connection . I have an Eartha Apollo plugged in , as into a few AC wraps which have a similar plug in socket . Have you tried the wraps , they are a bit fiddly to get right but worth investigating .

Thanks Jazzhead.
The wraps have been commended to me by other users but haven't got around to trying them. Seem a bit too fiddly for me but maybe at some stage.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I'm intrigued that Mike is persisting more w Entreq than Troy, even though I surmise he's had more dramatic upstick w Troy
Maybe something to do w the costs, Tripoint Empress spkrs crossover grounding is 3x the cost of Entreq equivalent

$$$'s is mostly it. $3k for Entreq is different than $20k for Troy. Entreq does make it easy and tempting to enhance the effect of their products by sort of doubling down. Troy does too by adding the top level cables, but it's silly expensive.

however; I was a bit blown away last fall with what hooking up my active bass tower amps to the middle box of the Poseidon did. something special clicked in when I did that. connecting the outer boxes of the Poseidon had not made nearly that large a difference.

so supercharging that middle box of the Poseidon with the Atlantic Minimus was an intriguing thing to try to see whether there was more gain to achieve and the $$$s were relatively reasonable. so that is the essence of my thinking on this move. since I knew there was already a significant contribution from the Entreq it made sense to push that known benefit further. it was not just a shot in the dark.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks Jazzhead.
The wraps have been commended to me by other users but haven't got around to trying them. Seem a bit too fiddly for me but maybe at some stage.

let me know if you wish to experiment and can share my two cents worth. I now use a lot of them, and they are fiddly, but when right they work extremely well in our system.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you Lloyd.
I may well take up your kind offer.
Best
Barry

Lets put it this way...i feel as strongly about the wraps as the Receivus and the rest of the Entreq components i have tried and kept.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
yes; that helps to get the correct picture that there is a knob on the AM itself that will accept an Everest.

If I may help Mike, here after a picture of my previous first step on Entreq journey, showing the S-Minimus to AM connection, as correctly reported by Jazzhead.

IMG_6526-1.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
thank you Paolo, it is helpful to see the picture. they should arrive in a couple weeks.

trying to decide on 3 more Everest's......

Am sure you don't belong to die wondering camp ... Was a plus for me , but given your room can't really comment . Maybe your dealer could let you try n see ....

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
ok......I bought the damn 3 more Everest's.....I now have 10 of them. I'm pathetic. :p

We all wallow in the same mire , I am up to 27 or is it 30 !! ... So feel better ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We all wallow in the same mire , I am up to 27 or is it 30 !! ... So feel better ;)

I only have 5 Entreq Everests...but i must have 34 Entreq Silver Wraps...they work incredibly well along all the internal cables of the Wilsons along the back of the speakers which connect to each of the modules, and along the power and umbilical power and digital cables.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
got the 3 Atlantic Minimus's and 3 Everest's today. I have the Poseidon near my amplifiers, the 2 side boxes of the Poseidon are hooked up to my dart amps negative speaker terminal, the middle box is hooked up to the bass amps on my bass towers. the Atlantic Minimus's units are hooked up to each post of the Poseidon as a boost to the effect.

been listening for a few hours now.

it's improved everything a noticeable degree. more dimensional, images jump out more, every musical part seems more complete. specifically note development and decay extends farther, more vivid, image focus is better, the bass texture and articulation is more refined and defined, better flow and forward lean. less processed, more coherent. more dynamic snap and bass slam. I get more musical flow at lower volumes.

more involving and like real music.......wow!!

Jazzhead, you are my hero for suggesting this......thank you.

Atlantic-trio-straight.jpg

Atlantic-trio.jpg

Atlantic-M2.jpg

Atlantic-M1.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
it did requite 30 minutes per Poseidon post to get the 3 Entreq spades to stay on each post. that part was a PITA.

and I still have to experiment with footers. the Poseidon was better with my A10 U8's than sitting on the hardwood over concrete floor so likely that's what i'll try.

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
I did not realise the Atlantis was the same size as the original Minimus boxes (so quite small and compact)? Are they the same size or it an optical illusion?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I did not realise the Atlantis was the same size as the original Minimus boxes (so quite small and compact)? Are they the same size or it an optical illusion?

have no idea as I've not seen an original Minimus that I'm aware of.

they are compact, but the umbilical they are shipped with is very short (8-9 inches) so there are few options (only one if you want it to look symmetric) if you use 3 of the Atlantic Minimus's.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing