Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Package arrived with my replacement terminal screw cap for S Tell.
Have moved the cdp Apollo back to it from the O Mini.
Immediately calmer presentation.
It looks like combining Apollos on the O Mini from cdp and S Clnus wasn’t optimal.
Currently have S Clnus sharing a Stacore w cdp, and S Tell and O Mini on Symposium shelf.
And that’s how it’ll stay until my next two Stacores arrive early next yr.
My only decision when tt reinstalled is whether to grnd the phono Apollo to share terminal with my cdp Apollo, move a preamp/pwr amp/sub amp Apollo to share with the cdp Apollo, or leave this terminal purely for the cdp Apollo, abs share the phono Apollo on the O Mini with the S Clnus Apollo.

Last edited:

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Has anybody experiences with "shaking grounding boxes" as recommended from Gutwire ?
I read this interesting point in a review of their grounding cables on Audio Bacon (Gutwire claims that most box solutions will be saturated and will need to be “shaken up” every half year to maintain performance.)

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Shaking grounding boxes

Has anybody experiences with "shaking grounding boxes" as recommended from Gutwire ?
I read this interesting point in a review of their grounding cables on Audio Bacon (Gutwire claims that most box solutions will be saturated and will need to be “shaken up” every half year to maintain performance.)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012

Yes was wondering the same thing , imagine shaking up an Olympus Tellus ... Better start pumping iron !

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
How can you tell if it's become 'saturated'?

this 'shaking' seems to run counter to the whole 'settling' process. but I suppose I can connect the dots to some degree that they are separate processes. like the thermal energizing of tourmaline crystals, properties of minerals are not intuitively known. so anything is possible.

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Let me start by just saying that I use some of the Entreq grounding products. That being said, I just cannot wrap my head around how minimizing vibration to any component that uses loose granules as the ONLY means to it's effect can have any impact on it's performance. Now to even more complicate things, some are even suggesting that shaking the minerals might be advantageous, which would imply that vibration may actually be beneficial. I have gone to great lengths in both expense and time trying to provide a clean, quick path for vibrations to be transferred away from my gear, or in other cases transformed into heat, but I just don't understand. Does this possibly just fall into the category of one of those things we just don't understand yet?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have been using Entreq ground boxes and cables for at least 3 years and I have never encountered any suggestion that the ground boxes should be shaken at periodic intervals.
In the absence any authoritative suggestion to the contrary it is not something I will undertake.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Yes this is actually true, depending on what’s in the “mix” soaking the mineral contents into water can be another solution. You’d have to open up your box then ofcourse :rolleyes: You can also try to “destat” by connecting for example an electrostatic grounding device to your piezoelectric grounding box.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes this is actually true, depending on what’s in the “mix” soaking the mineral contents into water can be another solution. You’d have to open up your box then ofcourse :rolleyes: You can also try to “destat” by connecting for example an electrostatic grounding device to your piezoelectric grounding box.

That does not appear to me to take us any way forward in respect of Entreq ground boxes given the !mix" qualification but I am pretty sure a regular destat of the cables would be beneficial.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
My Entreq Collection

SAM_0366.JPG

SAM_0371.jpg

SAM_0382.jpg

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
That looks great ! I expect that you have realized a lot of transparence with all the grounding boxes.

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Let me start by just saying that I use some of the Entreq grounding products. That being said, I just cannot wrap my head around how minimizing vibration to any component that uses loose granules as the ONLY means to it's effect can have any impact on it's performance. Now to even more complicate things, some are even suggesting that shaking the minerals might be advantageous, which would imply that vibration may actually be beneficial. I have gone to great lengths in both expense and time trying to provide a clean, quick path for vibrations to be transferred away from my gear, or in other cases transformed into heat, but I just don't understand. Does this possibly just fall into the category of one of those things we just don't understand yet?

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or am I just simply overlooking the obvious?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The Entreq boxes and earth cables are not designed to reduce vibrations but rather to reduce or eliminate the harmful effects of RFI/EMI on the sound quality of a system It is,however, recommended that they be placed on suitable footers to isolate them from vibration. That suggests that they are subject to viibation. Whether that is down to the filling or to the boxes themselves I do not know, but I suspect it is more likely to be the boxes themselves.
I isolate mine which are also on Athena racks and other Entreq users have reported that their systems have benefitted from siting them on vibration isolation.
I'm a long term user of both their grounding boxes and their range of cables and as I have indicated over a period of some years moving up through and across the range of Enreq products they have certainly made a major improvement to my systems's (full details on my profile) sound quality.
Hope that is helpful!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Anyone have any thoughts on this, or am I just simply overlooking the obvious?

I have both Entreq and Tripoint, and I have had very significant effects with both products (which I've posted about and won't repeat here) when I used vibration reducing/decoupling products. and if Taiko says these type products are effected by these treatments, then that is another strong data point for me.

why does this work this way? don't know and don't care. but my musical experience is better due to these effects. and visitors to my room have also heard these effects. it's not subtle.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I have Entreq and Synergistic Research grounding boxes.

Synergistic Research grounding boxes are better than Entreq flagship models about reducing EMI/RFI.

Entreq helps to make more texture, natural, beautiful sound.

But Entreq doesn't have noise reduction efficiency.

I think Tripoint Troy Elite is the best from every aspect, but it is too expensive.

Too much expensive~!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing