Entreq Tellus grounding

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Speaking of HKG ... The Wadax Atlantis server, is where's its at with that crowd,

I did a little digging on the Wadax Atlantis server. as normal; reading the Audioexotics forum, it's long on beautiful prose, short on hard and fast direct comparisons. hard to separate the views on the Atlantis server from the Wadax Pre Ultimate Trio pre-dac-eq to get any feel for it as a stand alone server for other brand dacs. maybe your connections and other language forums have more info. and of course, there are no clear descriptions of technical capabilities or even approach.

so to optimize the Atlantic server maybe you have to buy into the holistic Wadax approach to digitize your whole world and just have faith that their viewpoint will be righteous in the end. not a chance in hell I'm going down that road.

strange that there is not more solid info on a Spanish-Swiss product.

I'm all for a better mouse-trap......but hard to see through all the culture to understand what is going on.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And of course, there's always the LessLoss Laminar Streamer
Custom operating platform using SD cards
Yours for €91500!
Yes Mike, you read that correctly

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
got the 3 Atlantic Minimus's and 3 Everest's today. I have the Poseidon near my amplifiers, the 2 side boxes of the Poseidon are hooked up to my dart amps negative speaker terminal, the middle box is hooked up to the bass amps on my bass towers. the Atlantic Minimus's units are hooked up to each post of the Poseidon as a boost to the effect.

been listening for a few hours now.

it's improved everything a noticeable degree. more dimensional, images jump out more, every musical part seems more complete. specifically note development and decay extends farther, more vivid, image focus is better, the bass texture and articulation is more refined and defined, better flow and forward lean. less processed, more coherent. more dynamic snap and bass slam. I get more musical flow at lower volumes.

more involving and like real music.......wow!!

Jazzhead, you are my hero for suggesting this......thank you.

Wow, fantastic!!!
Thank you for your feedback.
+1 for Jazzhead.

I tried to connect the 2 spades of Atlantis eartha cable on 2 different Poseidon connectors, (so a total of 4 connectors used to ground the negative terminals of amplifier), but, even if the first thought was to perceive improvement in the long run I preferred to return to the classic settings

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
You won't regret it. I made the move several weeks ago (but from a Silver Minimus) and the improvements were substantial.

I haven't tried an Atlantis Minimus with a Silver Tellus myself but the reports from those who have can I am sure be relied upon.
One other possibility comes to mind which is to go for a used Atlantis Tellus which wouldn't be a lot more than an Atlantis Minimus new and a lot less than a new or used OT. If the proposed use is for other than negative speaker terminal grounding the overall boost would be greater than from an Atlantis Minimus.
The OT is a big jump in price but is justified by the extra performance from my experience.

Thank you both for your ideas.

I took a close look at the prices yesterday. I think it's true that adding an Atlantis Minius would be a great way for some quick gains. But it's also true that the stretch from Silver + Atlantis Tellus to Olympus Tellus is not insignificant. For now, the price of the OT is a little above my balk threshold. So I think I'm going to look around for a used Atlantis Tellus and be happy for a while.

As for speaker terminal grounding, my speakers comes with a third ground wire connected to main driver's basket. I'm grounding those instead of the negative speaker terminal like everybody else, which leaves the option open for a latter date ;)

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Would like to consult the expert users of entreq boxes here - given limited resources and boxes, can one connect other component grounding to the grounding terminal used for amp grounding? eg subwoofer sharing the same terminal as amp for grounding?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Would like to consult the expert users of entreq boxes here - given limited resources and boxes, can one connect other component grounding to the grounding terminal used for amp grounding? eg subwoofer sharing the same terminal as amp for grounding?

No, it's got to be an isolated box for the amps . That is what in effect the Poseidon is , 3 isolated boxes. I did try hook up more than one , only for distortions to surface. So keep it solo.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

No, it's got to be an isolated box for the amps . That is what in effect the Poseidon is , 3 isolated boxes. I did try hook up more than one , only for distortions to surface. So keep it solo.

+1. just to add onto Jazzheads good comments. this is about PERSONAL SAFETY and NOT BLOWING UP STUFF. when attaching anything to a high powered amp speaker output it's got to be isolated or really bad things will happen. or even chassis grounding an amplifier you are still messing around with typically a lot more power than any other component. and it just takes a millisecond to ruin your day. likely not a second chance to do it right.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I hooked up my second Tellus 2 box to ground my amp and router last night and completed my experiment in this area. Grounding cables were all Apollo and I have Everest caps on all terminals. There is a very relaxed intermediacy in the overall presentation. Noise level dropped further and I can hear more details in a manner that is not lean or bright.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I hooked up my second Tellus 2 box to ground my amp and router last night and completed my experiment in this area. Grounding cables were all Apollo and I have Everest caps on all terminals. There is a very relaxed intermediacy in the overall presentation. Noise level dropped further and I can hear more details in a manner that is not lean or bright.

That is good news and you should get further improvements over the next 48 hours or so.
Next week my four shelf double Athena rack (Level 3 base and 3 Level 2 shelves) is due to arrive along with four Apollo grounding cables which should improve the sound still further and look rather good too

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Here's a picture of my new Athena rack. Absolutely delighted with it! :)

Guillaume

The Absolare on the top shelf will have better visual impact , cables permitting that is . Looks caged in below. That's one BIG rack , I have the double width so can put it in perspective ... Looking good ... Enjoy !

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Guillaume.
Looks really good and whets my appetite for the arrival of mine.
I have a three shelf single at the moment so it will be good to get all the audio components on to Athena
The car picture looks great. Is it purely cosmetic?

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The Absolare on the top shelf will have better visual impact , cables permitting that is . Looks caged in below. That's one BIG rack , I have the double width so can put it in perspective ... Looking good ... Enjoy !

You're absolutely right. My RHS speaker cable (Transparent Ref XL) isn't quite long enough due to the location of the network box, which is a pain. When my new speaker cables arrive I will have more options.

I haven't even mentioned anything about the improvements in sound... wow this rack has totally blown me away! I'm not even grounding the shelves yet! :cool:

Guillaume

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Thanks Guillaume.
Looks really good and whets my appetite for the arrival of mine.
I have a three shelf single at the moment so it will be good to get all the audio components on to Athena
The car picture looks great. Is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks. The car picture is cosmetic I'm afraid! LOL It's a painting by Dan McDermott.

Guillaume

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can I ask you Athena users what you're getting from the rack, and advantages over more established choices?

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
That is good news and you should get further improvements over the next 48 hours or so.
Next week my four shelf double Athena rack (Level 3 base and 3 Level 2 shelves) is due to arrive along with four Apollo grounding cables which should improve the sound still further and look rather good too

Yeah it's running in nicely now. Bass is extending lower. I found this to differ from my prior experience when I hooked the first tellus 2. Then, improvement was fairly uniform across the frequency spectrum. The addition of another tellus 2 differ slightly in the running in... bass extension was lagging and I feared if the second tellus may be a mistake. I guess I had to rearrange every component and as such reconnected all components again to the boxes and that accounted for this non uniform performance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing