Entreq Tellus grounding

kiwiaudionut

May 17, 2017
Thanks for the welcome Mike, its great to be here after several weeks of reading this thread. I think you are right about experimenting and also about being careful with the terminals. I will try the Silver Tellus with an array of eartha cables as well as the Tellus II both RCA and Negative Speaker Posts and see which sound the best. I must admit I seem to prefer the copper to the silver eartha cables in my system. The slight warmth is very euphonic without sacrificing any detail. Its the holographic soundstage that has blown me away the most. The presentation has gone from between the speakers to everywhere with the addition of micro detail that really enhances spacial cues. These boxes are pretty unknown in NZ so looking forward to the Entreq journey. Looking at the number of boxes you guys are sporting it must be a debilitating illness :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kiwiaudionut, as a fellow member of The Commonwealth, here in good 'ol Blighty, I must sincerely apologise to you for being the cause of you taking up so much of your valuable time - I'm the chap who got the ball rolling on starting this thread - I really had ZERO idea that writing about my humble experiences of grounding a solitary component would go on to stretch to 235 pages
Again, my deepest heartfelt apologies for your loss (of time)

kiwiaudionut

May 17, 2017
Dont apologise spirit of music. I am originally a fellow brit and came back to NZ for the second time from London. These boxes are very intruiging and are another audio path to follow in the persuit of audio nirvana.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Congrats on yr move
Twice
For good now?

kiwiaudionut

May 17, 2017
Yep settled in Auckland now and really loving kiwi life with kids both settled into schools. Which part of blighty are you in?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Was in trendy E London, Clapton E5 nr Dalston, where no change from £4 for a fancy Latte to deepest, remotest Norfolk
Few neighbours, no noise, clean power, all great for the audio
And no pricey coffee
In fact, no good coffee at all

kiwiaudionut

May 17, 2017
No good coffee but no noise, clean power. I would buy a coffee machine and take that :) We are in a fairly quiet suburb of Auckland with low noise levels but plenty of coffee shops close by. I spent a fair few years in E London living in Aldgate East then moved over to SW18. I don't miss London much these days to be honest, more the british culture and an occasional hankering for chips and curry sauce :)

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I have some RFI interference from surrounding fluorescent light at times - may I know if the Entreq receivus may be effective is shielding my equipment - anyone has thoughts to share?

Last edited:
I have some RFI interference from surrounding fluorescent light at times - may I know if the Entreq receives may be effective is shielding my equipment - anyone has thoughts to share?

I have only one fluorescent light in my room and never have it on while listening. Even with the TriPoint Troy Signature and High Fidelity Cables, I can immediately hear it, if it is on. But you should also know that I never heard any benefit from Entreqs.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
I have some RFI interference from surrounding fluorescent light at times - may I know if the Entreq receives may be effective is shielding my equipment - anyone has thoughts to share?
An Entreq is not a RFI shield.
Nor is it a RFI power line filter.
It's best to stop interference at the source.
While some fluorescent lights are noisy, others are not.
See page 17 of this Jim Brown paper:
"Build Contesting Scores By Killing Receive Noise"
http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

Last edited:

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
TBG. Just curious. Which of our products have you tested?

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
Is there any owner of Amp Constellation, (or know someone) who has connected the negative posts of his amp, to two Entreq boxes?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
Is there any owner of Amp Constellation, (or know someone) who has connected the negative posts of his amp, to two Entreq boxes?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I can't help you with your specific question but hopefully somebody will be able to.
To the best of my knowledge there should not be any problems with negative speaker terminal grounding to an Entreq/Constellation set up. Entreq will let you try and return if not satisfied so you may like to consider that option.
The relatively new Tellus II is a good option but the Poseidon is better but more costly.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I have connected my dagostino momentum amp's negative terminal to the tellus 2. I have grounded all my components into 2 tellus 2 boxes and thought that the separation of each component lowered noise floor and brought about a greater sense of ease compared to sharing terminals via a tellus in a prior setup.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Thank you for your answers. I really did not ask if someone with Constellation had noticed improvement in the sound (I have several products, Entreq Silver), but by the possibility of damage to the amplifier. The amplifier manual gives warnings about the possibility of damage when connecting a subwoofer to the amplifier posts, because many manufacturers connect the post negatives of their subwoofer to ground. I did not know if the connection to independent Entreq boxes could result in damage. However after uploading my post to WBF, I received an email from Constellation that clarifies it:

Hello Francisco,

Our technical department replied:

On our amplifiers the (-) binding post is not at GROUND potential, it sits at a negative voltage below ground by the same amount as the (+) phase output sits positive above ground. Only the CHASSIS of the amplifier is GROUND. The left and right (-) posts are NOT to be connected to each other or to ground or the chassis EVER. Just like you would not attach the left and right (+) posts to each other or ground, do not do it to the (-). Doing anything like this to any of the outputs SHORTS the amplifier out and can DAMAGE it.

Best regards,

Irv

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you for sharing the happy ending to your post.
It's some time since I applied the negative speaker terminal grounding to my Vitus SIA 025 and YG Kipod Signature passive speakers but I well remember what a significant improvement it made and further upgrades down the line it continues to delight.
As Murphy said it's the reduction in noise floor and ease of the sound that is so impressive.
Do let us know how things progress.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
Hi, I have been following this thread for over six months now and have purchased several Entreq boxes due to the positive responses from the thread. I have the Olympus Minimus connected to my Accuphase 3800 pre, my Accuphase A65 & Arye QX 5 Twenty dac connected to the Poseidon, Melcro N1ZH to Silver Minimus, Router and Aqvox switch connected to the Silver Minimus. Currently the A 65 is connected via the inputs and wanted to change to the negatives of the amp.

Has anyone tried the inputs of the amp connected first then changed to the negatives and what was the difference in SQ?

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
Hi Elescher, with all due respect you didn't answer my question. You state L & R channels" is this the inputs or the amps negatives speaker post and what SQ differences did you hear between Inputs on the amp and the negative speaker outputs. Perhaps I didn't make it clear in my first post what I was asking.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing