Entreq Tellus grounding

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Just put in a second Olympus Tellus + Atlantis all capped with Everest= more goodness. Off the bat , more much more stable stage , uptick in resolution , ease . Sweeter strings and piano keys . Reduction in noise floor and more to come as it settles in over the next few days. Entreq users wil understand ... Grounding keeps giving !

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Just put in a second Olympus Tellus + Atlantis all capped with Everest= more goodness. Off the bat , more much more stable stage , uptick in resolution , ease . Sweeter strings and piano keys . Reduction in noise floor and more to come as it settles in over the next few days. Entreq users wil understand ... Grounding keeps giving !

Congratulations Jazzhead.
After summer and sailing period I'm back to the hobby.:)

Mossback

Jazzhead.... "Entreq users will understand...." :):cool:

I'm about to add a turntable and would appreciate suggestions on how to incorporate this into my mix.
Oppo Modwright CD spinner, connected to Silver Telos + Atlantis.
VAC Sigma 160 integrated amp, connected to a second Silver Telos + Atlantis.
All Everest..... And very worthwhile they are!

My thoughts are connect the Garrard ground to the VAC Silver Telos using some type of cable. The step-up ground will go to the VAC phono ground with a good quality copper cable.

Suggestions on what cable to use from Garrard to Silver Telos? Other suggestions very welcome you all have been a huge help to me here.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Garrard ground to VAC Silver Tellus should work well.
Always good to separate digital and analogue grounding.
I find the Apollo earth to be the sweet spot in the grounding cables and more affordable than the Atlantis

Mossback

Thank you Barry.
I'll get a single Apollo cable. :)

I've bought used all four boxes but have been unable to find used cables or the Everest's had to buy full price. My budget is very tight but Entreq provides such an amazing upgrade I can't see not taking advantage of them. I doubt anyone has sold their Entreq unless to upgrade in to a better level Entreq.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks Barry & Cpaolo .
Woefully long list :cool: ... 2xOT plus 2xAT , 1xACleanus , 1xPoseidon + 3xAMinimus to each post . All Everested ... 1xTroy Sig .
Posiedon users might want to try one channel connected to +ve , the other to -ve . Instead of both to neg. Helps achieves a better balance in my case . Worth a try .
Have been adding some copper cables and hybrid Konstantine wires . A touch of the copper glow to an all silver earth loom is worth a go , not too much loss in terms of definition . Mossback , try add some copper to your mix , they are the cheapest cables in the line up to boot .
Cheers .

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've never yet seen an Entreq customer use Powerus.
Any out there?
I'm devoted to dedicated lines and Furutech duplexes, so this ship has sailed for me anyhow.
Any reports on Powerus?

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Is there any benefit grounding both left and right imput or output vs grounding only one side in a particular component? I currently only ground one imput per component but have always wondered if grounding both may yield sonic benefits.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I seem to recall some people have tried that and reported benefits - Jazzhead?
It's not something I have tried preferring instead to upgrade the earth cables on the negatives, or on i/cs and pcs which I believe is more cost effective.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Is there any benefit grounding both left and right imput or output vs grounding only one side in a particular component? I currently only ground one imput per component but have always wondered if grounding both may yield sonic benefits.

With the Synergistic gear, I tried grounding L+R but it didn't add anything more sonically. Just one channel does it.

I especially noticed it with the speaker cable and interconnects although Ted says the speaker cables sound better ungrounded with some amps.

Trainleader

Dec 7, 2014
The Everest plugs do works as said before.. On the Silver Tellus you dont eaven have to use it where you have a cable attached.. If you got a free plug on the S Tellus it will work just fine there as well.
Without Everest its too little detail and lesser noticeable soundstage in my system and with Everest its a little bit too much.. or.. I just dont like the sound character eaven if its silent and detailed.. cant find the words.. less organic.. less musical maybe.. imho.. in my system that is. Well.. Took a free plug and wrapt a old golden bracelet around the chopper threaded tap and thightend it with the standard wooden plug. Perfect!!! Crazy.. but.. perfect..

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That is fascinating but what works is the important thing.
I've seen earlier reports where people have reported similar experiences with Atlantis cables and have preferred the Apollo ones for much the same reasons
And, if my memory serves me correctly, others have reported the same sort of issues with Everest and have preferred K2s.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Stay tuned, new line of cables soon to be released. A different processing method which greatly enhances performance.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
The Everest plugs do works as said before.. On the Silver Tellus you dont eaven have to use it where you have a cable attached.. If you got a free plug on the S Tellus it will work just fine there as well.
Without Everest its too little detail and lesser noticeable soundstage in my system and with Everest its a little bit too much.. or.. I just dont like the sound character eaven if its silent and detailed.. cant find the words.. less organic.. less musical maybe.. imho.. in my system that is. Well.. Took a free plug and wrapt a old golden bracelet around the chopper threaded tap and thightend it with the standard wooden plug. Perfect!!! Crazy.. but.. perfect..

hi Trainleader, welcome to What's Best Forum.

I like your gold bracelet idea. very creative. not sure what is going on with that.....

this 'ultra' detail perceived with the Everest plugs in my system was solved with using the Wave Kinetics A10 U8 decoupling footers under the Entrec Poseidon and Atlantic Minimus chassis (used with my amps). the tonal balance and overall presentation seemed 'just right' with the A10 U8's in place. the Poseidon and Minimus sit on a composite wood over concrete floor.

so consider whatever your floor interface might be.

I have a Silver Tellus I use on my sources, with Atlantic Eartha and Apollo Eartha cables and Everest plugs too, but in that case I don't get that 'ultra detail' effect. I use large brass Walker footers under than Silver Tellus through the carpet over concrete.

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
hi Trainleader, welcome to What's Best Forum.

I like your gold bracelet idea. very creative. not sure what is going on with that.....

this 'ultra' detail perceived with the Everest plugs in my system was solved with using the Wave Kinetics A10 U8 decoupling footers under the Entrec Poseidon and Atlantic Minimus chassis (used with my amps). the tonal balance and overall presentation seemed 'just right' with the A10 U8's in place. the Poseidon and Minimus sit on a composite wood over concrete
so consider whatever your floor interface might be.

I have a Silver Tellus I use on my sources, with Atlantic Eartha and Apollo Eartha cables and Everest plugs too, but in that case I don't get that 'ultra detail' effect. I use large brass Walker footers under than Silver Tellus through the carpet over concrete.

Hi Mike , Why no Atlantis Tellus charger with your Silver Tellus ? You have experienced what the the little A Minimus did with your Poseidon .Ripe for the picking I'd say !

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
At last! Someone else other than me spending Mike's hard earned LOL.

Reactions: Bar81

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing