Pure Pleasure or Mobile Fidelity?

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I wish PP wouldn't shrink wrap their jackets like a lot of other EU labels, loose bags w/ the perforated openings are superior. and what's up with the extra security seal over the inner sleeve...PIA. gripes aside, I just got my mary black "no frontiers" and its a def better than the linn selekt 2nd press I have.
Yeah, I started a thread about those dumb stickers on the inner sleeves. Wrote to PP and Mike Fremer about it. Fremer responded, PP didn't.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yeah, I started a thread about those dumb stickers on the inner sleeves. Wrote to PP and Mike Fremer about it. Fremer responded, PP didn't.

Well the first PP used paper sleeves too :(

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just picked up the Keb' Mo' PP reissue and it came in a plastic-lined paper sleeve with a foldover paper representation their catalog covering the inner sleeve opening. The sticker you see is on the outer shrinkwrap.

IMG_0401.JPG

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Just picked up the Keb' Mo' PP reissue and it came in a plastic-lined paper sleeve with a foldover paper representation their catalog covering the inner sleeve opening. The sticker you see is on the outer shrinkwrap.

View attachment 11702

John, the sticker(s) that Puro and I are complaining about seal the inner sleeve of the record and are impossible to remove. They serve no purpose; you basically have to tear the inner sleeve to remove the record without damaging it. Dumb marketing over common sense in my estimation. (This was on New Moon Daughter or whatever that old Cassandra Wilson record is that recently got reissued on PP- I had pre-ordered it months ago and it just showed up recently).

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John, the sticker(s) that Puro and I are complaining about seal the inner sleeve of the record and are impossible to remove. They serve no purpose; you basically have to tear the inner sleeve to remove the record without damaging it. Dumb marketing over common sense in my estimation. (This was on New Moon Daughter or whatever that old Cassandra Wilson record is that recently got reissued on PP- I had pre-ordered it months ago and it just showed up recently).

Bill - I know what you were talking about...just wanted to mention how the Keb'Mo' was packaged. And yes, I hate those stickers you have to cut through....a la some Classics on the outer sleeves. Drives me nuts as I can never get a clean cut.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
taters - that's painting with a rather broad stroke and not one I subscribe to. Can you give us some examples of the LP's you have, and do you have both pressings to compare?

I've played the PP release of Keb' Mo' a few times now and I'm very pleased with it. I can't really pick out anything that I thought was lacking. As I said before, I'm a fan of this LP and may still get the Mofi to see what's different about it. I could very well end up liking both, much as I did with the CR and Mofi of APP-I Robot. Those each gave a slightly different sound, but they are both most enjoyable. With only one PP release in my collection I can't say they are better or worse in comparison to other high-quality reissues, but I'm encouraged enough to try more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing