Stereophile ML3 Review

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I have no doubt that these amps sound great but that 3% THD number jumps out at me..

That measurement would jump out at me as well. However, after hearing Steve's ML3's, I can safely say that that measurement is meaningless. Bringing me back to my point in another thread as to what are we really measuring?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
That measurement would jump out at me as well. However, after hearing Steve's ML3's, I can safely say that that measurement is meaningless. Bringing me back to my point in another thread as to what are we really measuring?

+1. Having heard the same amp in the same room.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Audiophiles tend to forget that significant amounts the harmonic distortion of SET amplifiers is below about 120 HZ. If you were to measure the harmonic distortion above that, it would be lower overall. It helps to explain why they can sound so dynamically open and linear in spite of the distortion figures.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing