Tripoint troy signature grounding device

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Lloyd,

The Troy Elite is a Troy signature on steroids. So the Elite is a ‘ground’ station. The Empress boxes are filters that you only connect to the binding posts of your loudspeakers. So the latter is not a grounding device.

Btw, the Tripoint Empress is still available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Very interesting.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
My Tripoint Troy signature se is still for sale. See also my previous post 1297. If you are seriously interested please pm me.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Rudolf & Marcus,
Thanks for the information about the Empress, I haven't had a chance to hear them yet. Miguel said he is shipping the Emperor mkii this week so hopefully over the next few days, I can give some first impressions.

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolf & Marcus,
Thanks for the information about the Empress, I haven't had a chance to hear them yet. Miguel said he is shipping the Emperor mkii this week so hopefully over the next few days, I can give some first impressions.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Had a phone call with Miguel yesterday and he informed me that your ‘Anaconda’ ground cable will be shipped tomorrow. I suppose you will receive it at the end of this week. Prepare for a long (and not very pleasant) burning in period. However, in my case the mk ii version of the Tripoint Emperor ground cable showed in the first couple of hours what it - in the end - will do for your audio system (and then some after breaking in). So exciting (audio) times lie ahead of you.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Hello Dave,

Had a phone call with Miguel yesterday and he informed me that your ‘Anaconda’ ground cable will be shipped tomorrow. I suppose you will receive it at the end of this week. Prepare for a long (and not very pleasant) burning in period. However, in my case the mk ii version of the Tripoint Emperor ground cable showed in the first couple of hours what it - in the end - will do for your audio system (and then some after breaking in). So exciting (audio) times lie ahead of you.

I can't wait Rudolf! I remember looking at a picture online somewhere of Miguel's first Emperor cable and thinking maybe I need a grounding solution. I never really thought I'd have one and here we are. Thanks for your help getting me this far. Good times ahead indeed!

Dave

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Hi,
You can connect up to 9 components to the troy,3 binding posts(3 to each post).It comes with 4 grounding cables,You can buy more from Tripoint as you need them,start with the amp and pre-amp then the turntable,I even ground my Magnum Dynalab 809 tuner and your cd and transport.Believe me you can fill up the 9 components,I did.

Robert
Robert, I just got a TRIPOINT Signature myself, but can you please show us some of the way that you connect your TRIPOINT to amps and other components ? I just want to make sure I am doing it the right way : )

Xymox

Apr 16, 2019
www.appletvx.com
The binding posts are too small. The Thor cables are big and heavy with malleable metal spades and over time the binding posts need tightening over and over and slowly this also deforms the spades. Placing more then 1 Thor on a binding post makes for a treacherous and frustrating affair. I would suggest Tripoint look at new solutions for these posts. I would prefer a big hex head bolt with a washer.

Also the binding posts do not have the D cutouts locks that keep most binding posts from turning. Over time the Tripoint binding posts will loosen internally and start to turn.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
The binding posts are too small. The Thor cables are big and heavy with malleable metal spades and over time the binding posts need tightening over and over and slowly this also deforms the spades. Placing more then 1 Thor on a binding post makes for a treacherous and frustrating affair. I would suggest Tripoint look at new solutions for these posts. I would prefer a big hex head bolt with a washer.

Also the binding posts do not have the D cutouts locks that keep most binding posts from turning. Over time the Tripoint binding posts will loosen internally and start to turn.
Can’t agree with your claims. I honestly never had/have such problems. My ex. Troy Signature had excellent Cardas copper binding posts that never lost their grip. The new Troy Elite NG has custom made copper binding posts that are adapted to bigger and heavier grounding cables and have equally good and lasting grip. Even two Emperors mkii (much heavier and bulkier than the Thor SE) on one binding post present no challenge to them. I admit putting more than one grounding cable to a binding post requires a bit of skill and patience but would not say it’s a “treacherous or frustrating affair”.

BUT...if you want to have a good and lasting grip, your hands (even if they’re strong) are unfortunately not enough. You need to use something like this...;)

848C672A-FF1F-456C-B46C-B89E5F459696.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Can’t agree with your claims. I honestly never had/have such problems. My ex. Troy Signature had excellent Cardas copper binding posts that never lost their grip. The new Troy Elite NG has custom made copper binding posts that are adapted to bigger and heavier grounding cables and have equally good and lasting grip. Even two Emperors mkii (much heavier and bulkier than the Thor SE) on one binding post present no challenge to them. I admit putting more than one grounding cable to a binding post requires a bit of skill and patience but would not say it’s a “treacherous or frustrating affair”.

BUT...if you want to have a good and lasting grip, your hands (even if they’re strong) are unfortunately not enough. You need to use something like this...;)

View attachment 62493
My experiences are exactly the same as those of Marcus. I am using such a device and encountered never any issue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing