Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast

Thread: Tripoint troy signature grounding device

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    How the heck is anyone in HK living in the shoeboxes they mainly inhabit, going to get those Divin monsters in?

Addicted to Best!
    College Station, Texas & Angel Fire New Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Sawasdee CK,

I wont be attending the show. Maybe my agent would. I would be motivated to go if they have something that interest me but as of now nothing just yet. For me, AE attracted me with their grounding devices and also clean power devices. Their grounding things work very well in my system. However, their power cleaning devices didnt lift the performance of my systems.

I have the Dalby Celestial for half a month now. It makes me happy enough I dont want to try the Thor and buy two more. I heard AE will be presenting the new Troy Elite in the show. But at this point, I am done with grounding.

Best regards,
    Tang
    Several Tripoint Troy Elites will be there in piano black. I'm anxious to hear one.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    just found out that Miguel will be shipping me a new Tripoint Troy Elite next week.

thank you Miguel.

I'm excited to replace my Troy Signature on my sources with the Elite. then the Troy Sig will be moved to my dart mono blocks for chassis grounding. i'll be doing this in steps so I can appreciate what the step up to Elite does for my sources, and then what adding the Sig with my amps can do.

my wallet will need to recover before I can afford to add more Thor SE Master Ref grounding cables for my dart mono blocks, i'll start with the standard grounding cables there.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, Tara GME w/HRX 2m RCA's. *Tripoint Troy Sig, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Jeez Mike, I salute you.
    I love the idea of uber grounding, but it's just too damn expensive for me.
    For me I've made my strategic mega spend decision going for anywhere up to 9 Stacores.
    This by definition means I can't at all consider the big Troys.
    We can't wait to hear yr impressions.
    I think they're going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    just found out that Miguel will be shipping me a new Tripoint Troy Elite next week.
    thank you Miguel.
    I'm excited to replace my Troy Signature on my sources with the Elite. then the Troy Sig will be moved to my dart mono blocks for chassis grounding. i'll be doing this in steps so I can appreciate what the step up to Elite does for my sources, and then what adding the Sig with my amps can do.
    my wallet will need to recover before I can afford to add more Thor SE Master Ref grounding cables for my dart mono blocks, i'll start with the standard grounding cables there.
    Congratulations!
    The Elite was demoed at the small hifi show organized by Audioexotics in HK 2 months ago.
    The sonic diff of with and without it was huge.

Please compare it against your Signature and tell us your views.
    Thanks so much!

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    Congratulations!
    The Elite was demoed at the small hifi show organized by Audioexotics in HK 2 months ago.
    The sonic diff of with and without it was huge.

Please compare it against your Signature and tell us your views.
    Thanks so much!
    reading comments on the Audioexotics website and talking to Miguel, the Elite is suppose to be multiples better than the amazing Troy Sig. I'm going to try and keep my feet on the ground discovering the effect on the big rig. likely i'll fail miserably.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, Tara GME w/HRX 2m RCA's. *Tripoint Troy Sig, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! jazdoc's Avatar

thank you Miguel.

Trying is the first step to failure. -- H. Simpson

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    The penultimate paragraph of Audiocrack's OP crystalises my experience of the benefits of the Entreq grounding products - the improved musicality that results from grounding.
    I can't really comment on Tripoint and particularly their top of the line products which are in any case beyond my budget but i have no reason to question the benefits their users report but I do have reservations about their cost effectiveness.
    That has recently been reinforced by my stumbling upon a small range of below the radar products which I am not at this stage at liberty to reveal for a variety of reasons. They comprise some small and larger cubes which can be fitted inside source components, on top of power cables and i/cs and on mains junction boxes. I have about twenty such smaller ones including six fitted to the top plate underside of my DCS Puccini which I am using primarily as a DAC with a Scarlatti Transport and Clock. Four sit above the internal XLR cables and two above the internal mains cable. In addition one large one sits on the main junction box in he garage with a further three under the two feeding mains cables. Their purpose is to absorb the EMI/RFI and they are remarkably effective.
    In addition I currently have three cable filters - roughly 3"x2"x .5"-with two leads each fitted to the amps speaker output terminal and a further four fitted to the input posts of my biwired Kipod Signature Passive speakers. All operating in partnership with my Entreq cables,earth cables and boxes. I have the cable filters on loan but if I buy them in addition to the cubes the total outlay would be about 11k
    What they have demonstrated to me is that in addition to cleaning up the mains and signals a la Entreq/Tripoint they are in addition cleaning up the EMI/RFI and particularly that generated by amps and sources which is an area that seems to be woefully neglected by the designers and manufacturers of those components.
    I should be able to reveal more at a later stage but they are IME remarkable and I think unique in the way they can be used inside the aforementioned components. Given the amount of EMI genrated by amps and sources their scientific basis seems entirely sound to me.
    I should perhaps stress that I am not trying to hijack this thread and all being well will at a future date start a new thread, but at this stage I'm accepting Audiocrack's earlier invitation to share experience of other products.

thank you Miguel.

You are going to be amazed, Mike. This is going to be a very significant step forward.

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast