Tripoint troy signature grounding device

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
A second batch of Elites are coming to Asia in December. Let's see if destiny strikes :p.

Tang

The number of Elites that will be become available this year is quite limited because Miguel has a lot on his plate. I hope for you that 'elite destiny' lies ahead of you. For audiophiles that have not yet experienced the Tripoint elite technique it is - I suppose - quite difficult to understand the magnitude of this technique. In my - non native - vocabulary the best word to describe it is magical. Be lucky and try to get one, Tang, and you will understand what Mike and I are talking (or should I say: raving) about.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
The number of Elites that will be become available this year is quite limited because Miguel has a lot on his plate. I hope for you that 'elite destiny' lies ahead of you. For audiophiles that have not yet experienced the Tripoint elite technique it is - I suppose - quite difficult to understand the magnitude of this technique. In my - non native - vocabulary the best word to describe it is magical. Be lucky and try to get one, Tang, and you will understand what Mike and I are talking (or should I say: raving) about.

+1.

the Elite is rarefied air territory.

my listening time has never been more satisfying. I know it's boring to read about such things; but these last 2 weeks with the Elite I've not gone in to bed prior to midnight yet still captured by the music, whereas my habit is 'before 11' and mostly I wake by then from sleeping in my chair. and it's getting more, not less intense as I go along.....tonight no different.

it really stretches my ability to communicate the experiential payoff it brings.....more in the un-describable category than things easily related. a good friend and frequent visitor visited today and he was mystified by the additional connection to the music he heard, compared to his prior visit a month or so ago. I try to explain what the grounding does as best I can.

his comments were.......'like tubes in the best sense'........'better bass'.....'more information'.....'no sense of reproduction chain'.......'easy on the ears'. the system was doing those things before but in degrees it has taken a significant step forward.

I guess my only caution is that I cannot say that all systems would get the same degree of boost as mine from the Tripoint Elite. it's lots of money and hard to acquire.

i'm listening to a dsd128 string quartet vinyl rip (Quator Talich--Haydn & Mica Quatuors, French Sarastro 45rpm pressings) right now that is just so sweet and embracing. love it! sorry for my blathering on.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
+1.

the Elite is rarefied air territory.

my listening time has never been more satisfying. I know it's boring to read about such things; but these last 2 weeks with the Elite I've not gone in to bed prior to midnight yet still captured by the music, whereas my habit is 'before 11' and mostly I wake by then from sleeping in my chair. and it's getting more, not less intense as I go along.....tonight no different.

it really stretches my ability to communicate the experiential payoff it brings.....more in the un-describable category than things easily related. a good friend and frequent visitor visited today and he was mystified by the additional connection to the music he heard, compared to his prior visit a month or so ago. I try to explain what the grounding does as best I can.

his comments were.......'like tubes in the best sense'......'better bass'.....'more information'.....'no sense of reproduction chain'.......'easy on the ears'. the system was doing those things before but in degrees it has taken a significant step forward.

I guess my only caution is that I cannot say that all systems would get the same degree of boost as mine from the Tripoint Elite. it's lots of money and hard to acquire.

i'm listening to a dsd128 string quartet vinyl rip (Quator Talich--Haydn & Mica Quatuors, French Sarastro 45rpm pressings) right now that is just so sweet and embracing. love it! sorry for my blathering on.

The boost in my Tidal La Assoluta/Kondo system with the Tripoint elite technique is mind boggling: the combination of utterly transparency and a natural warmth is something I have been searching for all my audio life. Like Parcifal I am getting near(er) to the (audio) grail.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Yes. Two Elites will be coming to Thailand. One will go to a person who just becomes a Tripoint believer after putting a Troy in his Dartz Ironman/Kharma Veyron system a few weeks ago. The other is coming to me.

Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Yes. Two Elites will be coming to Thailand. One will go to a person who just becomes a Tripoint believer after putting a Troy in his Dartz Ironman/Kharma Veyron system a few weeks ago. The other is coming to me.

Tang

I am really happy for you; you are going to be amazed.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

Tang

Ironman. very funny. LOL.

I am really happy for you; you are going to be amazed.

Cant let you and Mr.Lavigne pull ahead too far :p.

Tang

I go to sleep, then get up to some good news! the audiophile world turns.

+1 on the 'happy for you' part, Tang. my move to the Elite was also in part due to feedback I had read from the Audio Exotics site.

Elite just seems to take the 'whole' that step beyond. I will be anxious to read about your feedback about it's effect in your already amazing system.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
So far I have been using the words Elite technique because I do not own nor am I using a Tripoint Troy elite in my Tidal LA/Kondo system. The 'magic man', that is Miguel of Tripoint Audio, was kind enough to come over and inject the Elite technique in my Tripoint Emperor.

I have been watching him closely the last couple of days while he was upgrading - or if you want: refurbishing - my Emperor. It took him nearly three days of meticulous work to do so.

All I can say: he really unleashed 'the beast' that is called the Emperor. I am the first - very lucky - person on this planet that can employ a Troy Elite on steroids. The last expression are my words but I was absolutely dumbfounded once we started to combine two masterpieces: the Tripoint Emperor mk ii with the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers.

There is more to come but please allow me to say already the following at this moment: I have not heard anything like it in my life!

And what about the 'magic man' himself? Well, while I was dumbfounded yesterday evening Miguel had - literally - tears in his eyes when we started listening to some of his favourate music. I believe that is saying something, right?

Will follow up in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
So far I have been using the words Elite technique because I do not own nor am I using a Tripoint Troy elite in my Tidal LA/Kondo system. The 'magic man', that is Miguel of Tripoint Audio, was kind enough to come over and inject the Elite technique in my Tripoint Emperor.

I have been watching him closely the last couple of days while he was upgrading - or if you want: refurbishing - my Emperor. It took him nearly three days of meticulous work to do so.

All I can say: he really unleashed 'the beast' that is called the Emperor. I am the first - very lucky - person on this planet that can employ a Troy Elite on steroids. The last expression are my words but I was absolutely dumbfounded once we started to combine two masterpieces: the Tripoint Emperor mk ii with the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers.

There is more to come but please allow me to say already the following at this moment: I have not heard anything like it in my life!

And what about the 'magic man' himself? Well, while I was dumbfounded yesterday evening Miguel had - literally - tears in his eyes when we started listening to some of his favourate music. I believe that is saying something, right?

Will follow up in the next couple of days.

Dear Rudolph,

You injected your system with steroids. In my own way after I have my Elite in December I will inject my system stemcells in January. What are you going to inject Mr.Lavigne...nitrus? :D

Aint life fun..
Tang

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Dear Rudolph,

You injected your system with steroids. In my own way after I have my Elite in December I will inject my system stemcells in January. What are you going to inject Mr.Lavigne...nitrus? :D

Aint life fun..
Tang

As regards 'audio injecting' Mike: I believe he does not need any help from me in that regard; he is on an 'audio roll' already.

Insert your Troy Elite and hearing is believing, I can promise you that.

And indeed ... (audio) life is fun when things work out tremendously well ... but is has not been an easy journey to find 'audio nirvana', this I can assure you. I am so lucky that Miguel was willing to visit me in order to unleash the Elite technique in my Tidal LA/Kondo system!!

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Dear Rudoph..

You injected your system with steroids. In my own way after I have my Elite in December I will inject my system stemcells in January. What are you going to inject Mr.Lavigne...nitrus?

Aint life fun..
Tang

Dear Tang,

I have an idea of how Rudolf is progressing, not the full idea, mind you......but a nice taste of it, and happy for him to get that going with Miguel. and a view of your pending 'Elite' changes, but without the 'light' of the Shnerzinger devices

I'm in cruise mode now relative to changes for awhile, just enjoying the Elite settling in and expanding in it's own 'big bang' process filling the 'universe' of my room with tentacles of musical subtleties as it ferments. seems like every new session has a bit of a sense of surprise to it......likely the leveling out will happen soon.

time to stop, get off the merry-go-round, and smell the roses. so for me it's musical traveling through my catalogues of digital and vinyl. yesterday (spurred on by Gian's 'vinyl to buy' thread) I did order a good amount of new vinyl, which will arrive later this week. looking forward to that.

yesterday it was mostly vinyl listening; I had a friend over, had a great session, when he left I continued with the vinyl. tonight it's continuing to sample my 2xdsd files......'how much closer are they to the vinyl?'......is still a focus......and it seems about 1/3rd of them are quite a bit closer.....and taste my recent dxd and Quad dsd downloads.

it's time for just music......enjoy the sound of course, but don't think too much about it.

and so the answer is; yes, life is fun.....and riding the Elite vibe for all it's worth.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
..so for me it's musical traveling through my catalogues of digital and vinyl. yesterday (spurred on by Gian's 'vinyl to buy' thread) I did order a good amount of new vinyl, which will arrive later this week. looking forward to that.

I was just teasing you Mike.

Also bought a bunch of records Gian recommended.

Happy listening :)
Tang

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Mike apologies if this has been discussed before . Where are your Thor SE cables employed . could you please expand on how the Elite performs with the basic stock cables . Any such evaluation or is the greatness when combined with the Thor cables ? Thanks in advance

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike apologies if this has been discussed before . Where are your Thor SE cables employed . could you please expand on how the Elite performs with the basic stock cables . Any such evaluation or is the greatness when combined with the Thor cables ? Thanks in advance

a month ago, I only had a single Thor SE, and my local friend jazdoc was over and we did switch the single Thor SE and a standard Signature Silver back and forth between the dart pre and the MSB Select II. it made a significant difference for digital on the Select II, and diminished the analog slightly. so I added a second Thor SE for the dart pre, which boosted both the digital and the analog beyond where it had been. I would call the difference with the Thor SE 'clear and substantial'. not quite 'whoa', but close.

I do plan on adding 2 more Thor SE's between the Troy Sig and my dart mono blocks. when I can afford to do that I will report.

here is now where all the Tripoint ground cables are at this moment.

sources connected to Elite; 6 ground cables.

Thor SE (2)---MSB Select II, darTZeel preamp (which includes my 2 phono's)

4 Signature Silver standard ground cables---(1) SGM server, (1) left stainless tt arm board, (1) right stainless tt arm board, (1) tt power supply.

connected to the Troy Signature--4 standard Signature Silver ground cables.

(1) left dart 458, (1) right dart 458, (1) left main speaker tower, (1) right main speaker tower.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My current ground wire config:

Sources connected to Troy Sig I ; 2 Dalby Celestial to mono amps, 4 std silver cables to 4 bass horns (thanks to Mike)

Sources connected to Troy Sig II ; 1 Dalby Celestial to Pre amp, 3 std silver cables one to phono, one to AF1 plinth, one to EMT plinth.

And two main speakers connected to Empress...one each.

Tang

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
My current ground wire config:

Sources connected to Troy Sig I ; 2 Dalby Celestial to mono amps, 4 std silver cables to 4 bass horns (thanks to Mike)

Sources connected to Troy Sig II ; 1 Dalby Celestial to Pre amp, 3 std silver cables one to phono, one to AF1 plinth, one to EMT plinth.

And two main speakers connected to Empress...one each.

Tang

hi Tang.

so far, what happened when you connected your passive bass horn speakers to Troy Sig I?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I use all power cords from Siltech. My agent informed me that they also have grounding wires. At some point I will have an opportunity to try them. I am pretty happy with what I am using but just want to find out if there is a bang for the bucks wire and we all could save some money :).

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
hi Tang.

so far, what happened when you connected your passive bass horn speakers to Troy Sig I?

Dear Mike,

The obvious is more clarity and my bass (which is not the strength of my system) is down to the ground even more.

Tang

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Dear Mike,

The obvious is more clarity and my bass (which is not the strength of my system) is down to the ground even more.

Tang

nice.

so similar to my impressions. obviously the bass horns are not covering most of the FR, but still a good result for zero dollars. another helpful data point. just there for the finding. we are on to something. passive speakers like grounding....at least using the right tools.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing