Tripoint troy signature grounding device

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
How the heck is anyone in HK living in the shoeboxes they mainly inhabit, going to get those Divin monsters in?

Sawasdee CK,

I wont be attending the show. Maybe my agent would. I would be motivated to go if they have something that interest me but as of now nothing just yet. For me, AE attracted me with their grounding devices and also clean power devices. Their grounding things work very well in my system. However, their power cleaning devices didnt lift the performance of my systems.

I have the Dalby Celestial for half a month now. It makes me happy enough I dont want to try the Thor and buy two more. I heard AE will be presenting the new Troy Elite in the show. But at this point, I am done with grounding.

Best regards,
Tang

Several Tripoint Troy Elites will be there in piano black. I'm anxious to hear one.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
just found out that Miguel will be shipping me a new Tripoint Troy Elite next week.

thank you Miguel.

I'm excited to replace my Troy Signature on my sources with the Elite. then the Troy Sig will be moved to my dart mono blocks for chassis grounding. i'll be doing this in steps so I can appreciate what the step up to Elite does for my sources, and then what adding the Sig with my amps can do.

my wallet will need to recover before I can afford to add more Thor SE Master Ref grounding cables for my dart mono blocks, i'll start with the standard grounding cables there.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jeez Mike, I salute you.
I love the idea of uber grounding, but it's just too damn expensive for me.
For me I've made my strategic mega spend decision going for anywhere up to 9 Stacores.
This by definition means I can't at all consider the big Troys.
We can't wait to hear yr impressions.
I think they're going to be good.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
just found out that Miguel will be shipping me a new Tripoint Troy Elite next week.
thank you Miguel.
I'm excited to replace my Troy Signature on my sources with the Elite. then the Troy Sig will be moved to my dart mono blocks for chassis grounding. i'll be doing this in steps so I can appreciate what the step up to Elite does for my sources, and then what adding the Sig with my amps can do.
my wallet will need to recover before I can afford to add more Thor SE Master Ref grounding cables for my dart mono blocks, i'll start with the standard grounding cables there.

Congratulations!
The Elite was demoed at the small hifi show organized by Audioexotics in HK 2 months ago.
The sonic diff of with and without it was huge.

Please compare it against your Signature and tell us your views.
Thanks so much!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Congratulations!
The Elite was demoed at the small hifi show organized by Audioexotics in HK 2 months ago.
The sonic diff of with and without it was huge.

Please compare it against your Signature and tell us your views.
Thanks so much!

reading comments on the Audioexotics website and talking to Miguel, the Elite is suppose to be multiples better than the amazing Troy Sig. I'm going to try and keep my feet on the ground discovering the effect on the big rig. likely i'll fail miserably.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

thank you Miguel.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The penultimate paragraph of Audiocrack's OP crystalises my experience of the benefits of the Entreq grounding products - the improved musicality that results from grounding.
I can't really comment on Tripoint and particularly their top of the line products which are in any case beyond my budget but i have no reason to question the benefits their users report but I do have reservations about their cost effectiveness.
That has recently been reinforced by my stumbling upon a small range of below the radar products which I am not at this stage at liberty to reveal for a variety of reasons. They comprise some small and larger cubes which can be fitted inside source components, on top of power cables and i/cs and on mains junction boxes. I have about twenty such smaller ones including six fitted to the top plate underside of my DCS Puccini which I am using primarily as a DAC with a Scarlatti Transport and Clock. Four sit above the internal XLR cables and two above the internal mains cable. In addition one large one sits on the main junction box in he garage with a further three under the two feeding mains cables. Their purpose is to absorb the EMI/RFI and they are remarkably effective.
In addition I currently have three cable filters - roughly 3"x2"x .5"-with two leads each fitted to the amps speaker output terminal and a further four fitted to the input posts of my biwired Kipod Signature Passive speakers. All operating in partnership with my Entreq cables,earth cables and boxes. I have the cable filters on loan but if I buy them in addition to the cubes the total outlay would be about £11k
What they have demonstrated to me is that in addition to cleaning up the mains and signals a la Entreq/Tripoint they are in addition cleaning up the EMI/RFI and particularly that generated by amps and sources which is an area that seems to be woefully neglected by the designers and manufacturers of those components.
I should be able to reveal more at a later stage but they are IME remarkable and I think unique in the way they can be used inside the aforementioned components. Given the amount of EMI genrated by amps and sources their scientific basis seems entirely sound to me.
I should perhaps stress that I am not trying to hijack this thread and all being well will at a future date start a new thread, but at this stage I'm accepting Audiocrack's earlier invitation to share experience of other products.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

thank you Miguel.

You are going to be amazed, Mike. This is going to be a very significant step forward.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can someone please post the prices of the top Troy gear?
In all my time reading about Miguel's stuff in the last few yrs, I've never seen a definitive price list.
This is not a ploy to bash Troy.
I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I did criticise prices since I'm spending on multiple Stacores, and their top platform is over €5k.
But I'd love an idea on how much a fully Troy'd system would be for multiple components.
How much is Troy, Troy SE, Troy Elite, Troy Emperor, and the range of grnd cbl options, from Standard, to SE, to Elite?
Additionally how many terminals are on each Troy box, and how many grnd cbls can each terminal support?
I have tt motor psu, tonearm, phono, phono psu, cdp, poss streamer and dac to come, pre, pre psu, monoblocks, sub amps, to ground, need to know how many boxes would be needed to cover comprehensive grounding of up to 13 components.
I ask publicly because I've emailed Miguel a couple of times, but he's not forthcoming w prices.
If there is sensitivity on prices in the public domain, please PM me.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Of the top of my head , these may not be entirely correct but in the ball park .
All in $
Troy :14k, not sure if still in production.
Troy SE : 21k
Elite :50k
Emperor : 60 k , no longer in production .

The Troy SE has 3 binding posts , the Elite 4 . LL21 has managed to hook up a large number per post , and get good results, forget the exact number . Obviously efficiency drops, the more one connects .

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And price per cable, standard, SE, Elite?
Thanx Jazzhead

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
5 Standard starter cables are provided with the SE .
The Thor Master ref is around 5-6k per meter ,may the end users can clarify .
Have not heard about any cables in the Elite range.
The Thor SE with the starter cables majors in transparency , speed and finesse .
The Maste rRef adds to the above with more tonal density .
I heard the effects of the Elite being unplugged at the recent AE show , instant deflation like somebody let the air out .
Pretty dramatic .

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
You are going to be amazed, Mike. This is going to be a very significant step forward.

thanks Rudolf. following your bold lead.;)

I have high expectations (I better for the $$$'s). but it's funny how sometimes until your ears actually hear a new step for the first time you are never prepared for the leap.

knowing what the Troy Signature and the -2- Thor SE Master Ref cables have done for my pre+sources, at some point I was going to find a way to get some Tripoint love on my amplifiers, confident what that should/could do. and this approach should raise the bar in both source and amplifier areas significantly. last night, per Herve's (Mr. darTZeel) instructions, I went to the hardware store and found some stainless screws nuts and washers to allow me to attach a ground cable to a specific stainless steel chassis screw on the back of each dart mono block. I tested it and i'm good to go. just need the Elite to arrive.

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
thanks Rudolf. following your bold lead.;)

I have high expectations (I better for the $$$'s). but it's funny how sometimes until your ears actually hear a new step for the first time you are never prepared for the leap.

knowing what the Troy Signature and the -2- Thor SE Master Ref cables have done for my sources, at some point I was going to find a way to get some Tripoint love on my amplifiers, confident what that should/could do. and this approach raises the bar in both source and amplifier areas significantly. last night, per Herve's (Mr. darTZeel) instructions, I went to the hardware store and found some stainless screws nuts and washers to allow me to attach a ground cable to a specific stainless steel screw on the back of each dart mono block. I tested it and i'm good to go. just need the Elite to arrive.

The better the components /the rig , the greater will be the net effect/result . So there's gonna be a whole lot of soaring in your case , better strap yourself in for the ride Mr Lavgine .

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Of the top of my head , these may not be entirely correct but in the ball park .
All in $
Troy :14k, not sure if still in production.
Troy SE : 21k
Elite :50k
Emperor : 60 k , no longer in production .

The Troy SE has 3 binding posts , the Elite 4 . LL21 has managed to hook up a large number per post , and get good results, forget the exact number . Obviously efficiency drops, the more one connects .

the Troy Signature is just under $22k with 4 standard grounding cables.

the Elite is just under $40k with 4 standard grounding cables.

the Thor SE Master Reference grounding cable is $5k for 1 meter and more for longer lengths.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
the Troy Signature is just under $22k with 4 standard grounding cables.

the Elite is just under $40k with 4 standard grounding cables.

the Thor SE Master Reference grounding cable is $5k for 1 meter and more for longer lengths.

Was off on the Elite , thanks for the clarification

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Can someone please post the prices of the top Troy gear?
In all my time reading about Miguel's stuff in the last few yrs, I've never seen a definitive price list.
This is not a ploy to bash Troy.
I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I did criticise prices since I'm spending on multiple Stacores, and their top platform is over €5k.
But I'd love an idea on how much a fully Troy'd system would be for multiple components.
How much is Troy, Troy SE, Troy Elite, Troy Emperor, and the range of grnd cbl options, from Standard, to SE, to Elite?
Additionally how many terminals are on each Troy box, and how many grnd cbls can each terminal support?
I have tt motor psu, tonearm, phono, phono psu, cdp, poss streamer and dac to come, pre, pre psu, monoblocks, sub amps, to ground, need to know how many boxes would be needed to cover comprehensive grounding of up to 13 components.
I ask publicly because I've emailed Miguel a couple of times, but he's not forthcoming w prices.
If there is sensitivity on prices in the public domain, please PM me.

As someone who does not employ any grounding devices at the moment I also appreciate this question. If someone can explain what I need to do to get started or point me to a post which explains in brief the order in which I should try I would appreciate it. How do I even know of its needed in my system? Only by trying a component? Not sure I can wade through 88 pages of grounding comments! Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing