Tripoint troy signature grounding device

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Mike, the ETP line is excellent. Several of our local club members have them.

thank you Rudolf.

I think i'm leaning to get the Furutech e-TP809 NCF for my digital since it is consistent with my other power cord plugs and outlets. I think for power grid it is important to have one approach for transparent sound.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, the ETP line is excellent. Several of our local club members have them.

hi Lee,

I assume your reference to 'the EPT line' is a reference to the Acoustic Revive 'RPT' series?

I have no doubt that the Acoustic Revive RPT-6 would be a good choice, but if i'm getting one of these 'uber' power strips, it likely makes sense to stay with my Furutech power grid pieces to be cohesive with everything else in my system.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Here is a picture of my Emperor after Miguel had completely refurbished it and just before everything was put back into the 'box'. As mentioned before only this upgrade took him already nearly three days! So you get an idea how time consuming his 'grounding boxes' are to built. Hope you can see/enjoy the quality of Miguel's current work.

tripointimage1.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Here is a picture of my Emperor after Miguel had completely refurbished it and just before everything was put back into the 'box'. As mentioned before only this upgrade took him already nearly three days! So you get an idea how time consuming his 'grounding boxes' are. Hope you can see/enjoy the quality of Miguel's current work.

thanks for the picture.

looks massive, authoritative and solid.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
No, I meant the Furutech powers strip series like you are considering. "ETP" is what some of the Furutech folks call them and also what we call them for short at the audio club.

hi Lee,

I assume your reference to 'the EPT line' is a reference to the Acoustic Revive 'RPT' series?

I have no doubt that the Acoustic Revive RPT-6 would be a good choice, but if i'm getting one of these 'uber' power strips, it likely makes sense to stay with my Furutech power grid pieces to be cohesive with everything else in my system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Mike,

The Acoustic Revive RPT-6 Absolute NCF has also been updated with Nano Crystal Formula outlets and inlet:

http://www.lotusgroupusa.com/rtp-series-power-conditioners.html

Jeff Day reviewed it here:

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/the-acoustic-revive-chronicles/

Pardon the detour - back to all things Tripoint.

Best,

853guy

I don't know about the updated one, but two years ago had compared it directly to PS audio 10 and with the acoustic revive lost soundstage, it shrank back, became less separated, and flat. Vivid G1 with Ypsilon system. The P10 there was much better

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
thank you Rudolf.

I think i'm leaning to get the Furutech e-TP809 NCF for my digital since it is consistent with my other power cord plugs and outlets. I think for power grid it is important to have one approach for transparent sound.

What's the retail for this?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I don't know about the updated one, but two years ago had compared it directly to PS audio 10 and with the acoustic revive lost soundstage, it shrank back, became less separated, and flat. Vivid G1 with Ypsilon system. The P10 there was much better

2 years ago I doubt that the AR model had the NCF material. but I'm guessing.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
It is now a little over one week that Miguel flew back to the USA. And as I mentioned several times before, I am sorely missing his Anaconda’s/Emperor grounding cables. However, in this week the Tripoint Emperor ‘gounding box’ as well as the Tripoint Empress filters have had time to settle (somewhat) after their overhaul. Even without the Anaconda’s and without grounding any of my components - I have sold four Thor se grounding cables and have one Thor se of 1 meter left for sale (all these sales are required in order to finance my next ‘snake festival’, that is get as much Anaconda’s/Tripoint Emperor grounding cables in the LA system as (financially) possible - Miguel did a tremendous job.

Leaving aside the magical moments I experienced ‘on the audio Olympos’ when three Anaconda’s were inserted in the system, the Tidal LA/Kondo set up sounds better than ever before. The noisefloor has dropped significantly with all its usual benefits. However, the most important aspect of all is the additional emotional connection to the music.

Therefore my salute to Miguel for his tremendous - front running - audio efforts. Furthermore my sincere congratulations to him: today is Miguel’s fiftieth birthday. I wish you all the best!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
It is now a little over one week that Miguel flew back to the USA. And as I mentioned several times before, I am sorely missing his Anaconda’s/Emperor grounding cables. However, in this week the Tripoint Emperor ‘gounding box’ as well as the Tripoint Empress filters have had time to settle (somewhat) after their overhaul.

Even without the Anaconda’s and without grounding any of my components - I have sold four Thor se grounding cables and have one Thor se of 1 meter left for sale (all these sales are required in order to finance my next ‘snake festival’, that is get as much Anaconda’s/Tripoint Emperor grounding cables in the LA system as (financially) possible) - it is obvious that Miguel did a tremendous job.

Leaving aside the magical moments I experienced ‘on the audio Olympos’ when three Anaconda’s were inserted in the system, the Tidal LA/Kondo set up sounds better than ever before. The noisefloor has dropped significantly with all its usual benefits. However, the most important aspect of all is the additional emotional connection to the music.

Therefore my salute to Miguel for his tremendous - front running - audio efforts. Furthermore my sincere congratulations to him: today is Miguel’s fiftieth birthday. I wish him and his family all the best!

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Four weeks ago Miguel installed the completely refurbished Emperor mk ii at a Sunday afternoon in my Tidal La Assoluta system. He injected - so to say - the Elite technique into the Emperor ‘grounding box’. To give you the full picture I mention the following. In comparison to the Troy (Elite) boxes there are some differences: the Emperor is much larger and heavier, it employs two powercords (one powercord is used for the Troy (Elite) boxes), has 8 binding posts (versus 3 for the Troy signature and 4 for the Troy Elite) and lastly the Emperor has more and larger filter modules.

Even without grounding any of my audio components - all my Thor se grounding cables were sold so at the moment I have no high quality grounding cables left - the Emperor mk ii in combination with the (partly revised) Tripoint Empress filters achieve marvelous results in the LA system. I presume that the Emperor mk ii and the Empress filters are (more or less) settled in by now and the major benefits I experience are the following:

- Transparency to die for;
- Incredible low noisefloor;
- A serinity/calmness in the musical presentation that I had not experienced before;
- Beautiful openness;
- More refinement;
- A better 3d ‘projection’ of the musicians within the soundstage;
- Added fluidity, continuousness and smoothness;
- Wider and deeper soundstage;
- A more beautiful tonality;
- More - perceived? - speed, power and dynamics;
- A better controlled/tighter and deeper low end, and
- More solidity or command.

And I know - because I experienced it when Miguel inserted them in the LA system - that inserting the Emperor ground cables will add to all mentioned positive effects in a (very) significant way.

All this results in a music reproduction that is much more (emotional) involving. The differences for the better are so profound that I take the liberty to suggest to all our members the following: give the Tripoint devices with Elite technique a serious listen. Don’t do it for me (of course) - and just to be very clear about this: I have no financial stake in any of the audio companies which products I am currently using (so this includes Tripoint Audio) - but only for yourself and I promise you: (audio) life will not be the same after this encounter.

Any drawbacks? Well, the (added) transparency is so profound that negative influences such as power changes, static built up (I really need to use my antistatic gun very regularly), weather/humid changes, etc. are better noticable than ever before. But I am happy to pay this (small) price because the mentioned benefits outclass these (small) drawbacks.

The Tripoint Emperor mk ii and Empress really bring the best out of my Tidal LA’s, Kondo’s and other audio equipment.

Last edited:

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Hi,

I am thinking about getting the Tripoint Sig. and want to make sure that I can hook up two of the three posts on the back of it to the right and left (neg.) speaker posts on my amp (without shorting it). Is this how most are using it, or can/should it only be attached to the chassis of the amp? Hope my question is clear. TIA.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi,

I am thinking about getting the Tripoint Sig. and want to make sure that I can hook up two of the three posts on the back of it to the right and left (neg.) speaker posts on my amp (without shorting it). Is this how most are using it, or can/should it only be attached to the chassis of the amp? Hope my question is clear. TIA.

It should only be attached to the chasis of the amp. Tripoint does not recommend to hook itupto the speaker posts of the amp.

The Tripoint Empress is designed to hook up to speakers at speaker posts.

Kind regards,
Tang

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
It should only be attached to the chasis of the amp. Tripoint does not recommend to hook itupto the speaker posts of the amp.

The Tripoint Empress is designed to hook up to speakers at speaker posts.

Kind regards,
Tang

Thanks!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
this week I've been enjoying the Tripoint Troy Signature and Tripoint Elite with new footers making significant performance upgrades, with a considerable effect to the musical consequences. and I realized I had not posted it in the Tripoint thread. I view these developments as more about the Tripoint and it's upside unleashed, and not as much about the footers. in fact; as this week goes forward and the implications of what i'm hearing sink in, i'm moving more toward Audiocrack's perspective that Tripoint is a fundamental system building block and not just a tweak. these changes have fundamentally altered the character of my system.....and clearly for the better.

and maybe previously I had not worked hard enough to optimize the Tripoints so had not fully experienced what they could be capable of. but now I do fully appreciate what they are doing.

I've added the Hardpoint Serene footers to my Tripoint Troy Signature which is chassis grounding the darTZeel 458 mono blocks, and also my passive MM7 speaker towers. adding these footers has allowed the Troy -> 458 combo to improve image focus, dynamic precision and soundstage organization. it's calmed down the presentation, right sized images, and added additional energy and tension. like these things go, it's not huge......but the result is huge.

and I've added the Hardpoint Trinia's to the Tripoint Elite, which is chassis grounding my sources. this has changed the the tonal balance of my system, adding body and tonal richness across the music, as well as adding dimension and propulsion to the presentation. this change, I am now a few days later realizing, is really staggering in it's consequences.

the combination of this 'tuning' of the 2 Tripoints has really taken things to another musical level. it's like the system has been going along near some tipping point of almost all the way there.......and this little thing has made that magical difference. I cannot say that many other types of floor interfaces might not also unleash these Tripoints.......but only that these Hardpoints are doing it in my system. and if you have not optimized that aspect with your Tripoint you won't know what it can do.

my friend jazdoc was over last night; and we have always had different sounding systems and musical compasses.....his tubes and tone.....mine solid state and information. none-the-less he has been a great tempering influence on me and kept a level head to my excesses. I knew when I first heard what the Hardpoints were doing on the Tripoint Elite that the FR balance change would appeal to him. but over a few days it's become much more than just that. and last night he reacted to my system in a completely different way that he ever has in 10+ years of frequent visits. and that was quite a profound data point for me.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
my friend jazdoc was over last night; and we have always had different sounding systems and musical compasses.....his tubes and tone.....mine solid state and information. none-the-less he has been a great tempering influence on me and kept a level head to my excesses. I knew when I first heard what the Hardpoints were doing on the Tripoint Elite that the FR balance change would appeal to him. but over a few days it's become much more than just that. and last night he reacted to my system in a completely different way that he ever has in 10+ years of frequent visits. and that was quite a profound data point for me.

Yup, Mike and I have been friends for a long time, and I have been a frequent visitor to his room which has afforded me a front seat to witness the evolution of his system. For me, last evening's long listening session represented a milestone in his system's development. Mike had made multiple changes to his system related primarily to resonance control since my last visit one week(!) ago which he discusses on multiple threads. He offered to spend 20 minutes describing all of the changes...I declined :D. Before describing my personal impressions, by the end of the evening it struck me that what I was hearing was the result of an ongoing journey in system optimization (aka 'tweaking') during the past couple of years focused on:

1. Optimizing room acoustics
2. Clean power
3. Improving speaker/room interaction
4. Grounding
5. Resonance control

These tweaks have sometimes occurred isolation making it easy to isolate their effects, other times the tweaking has run in tandem, making it difficult to characterize individual changes. Not all of Mike's experimenting has been successful, but to his credit, he has tenaciously pressed forward. What follows is an overall impression of the current sound of Mike's system as of last evening (something may have changed since then :rolleyes:) with my perception of the overall evolution of the sonic signature during the past few years. I am unable to ascribe a sonic attribute to a specific tweak; rather this is an overview.

As a little background, like all visitors, the first time I walked into the barn, I was overwhelmed. As you know, the room is aesthetically gorgeous: the scale of the craftsmanship and attention to detail is otherworldly. But the space is also warm and inviting and Mike is the ultimate audio host. The system has always been impressive and I've never had anything but a great time during my many, many visits. More than once, I have left happy but confused, unable to sort out Mike's latest change(s). Other visits were sonically disappointing as the latest changes were not pleasing to my ear, despite Mike's enthusiasm. Usually, I could usually go home and feel comfortable with the sonic compromises of my system which reflected my personal audio compass. Last evening's session was different and extraordinary; and the longer we listened the better things got.

1. The system has always been impressive with large scale pieces, i.e. orchestral works, Led Zep, etc but seemed to struggle with smaller ensembles which seemed unnaturally large. This has improved over the last few months, but last night, the sense of scale was uncanny. Where before Charlie Rouse sounded 10' tall on Sphere's "Flight Path", now he was more visceral and scale was human, but there was no diminution of scale during Reiner's "Scheherazade".
2. The sense of ambience is delightful. We played a Redbook CD rip of "How Deep Is The Ocean" by Nicholas Payton and Doc Cheatham and I realized that you could visualize the recording booth where the vocal tracks were laid down. I've listened to this CD hundreds of times; never heard that before. (BTW, CD rips sound amazing with Mike's system!).
3. Noise...there isn't any. I mean none, zero, nada, zilch zippo.
4. My perception of system stridency has been resolved. Initially I thought that things might be too 'soft' on the top end, but with more listening, I believe that it is software dependent. Brass instruments retain the expected 'bite'. (Note to Mike: let's play with analog set up during next visit.)
5. Bass goes deeper but is more tuneful. (Again, let's check analog set up to see if we can take things further....)
6. Tonality of percussion has made a quantum leap forward. There is something about a stick hitting a drum head the really challenges an audio system. I heard terrific percussive tone color...live percussion instruments are not monochromatic!
7. Over many visits, I have been of the opinion that the front to back depth of the rig was exaggerated and instruments did not project much in front of the speaker plane. This is unnatural, resulting in a 'hi-fi' quality. It was oft times mind blowing hi-fi, but hi-fi nonetheless. This has been fixed and IMO, helps create the illusion of real musicians in the room; the music is much, much more visceral and realistic.
8. Mike's system could always play loudly without losing the grip on the music, but couldn't always pressurize the room realistically a al #&. The dynamics were literally startling last evening during Ben Webster's "Live At The Renaissance" on vinyl and Pablo Aslan's "Avantango" via Redbook CD rip.

Whew! Sorry about the length of the post, but there's a lot going on at Mike's! IMO, last night was the best I have heard in the barn during 10+ years. I won't call it a culmination, rather an important landmark on the journey...

Last edited:

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Mike & Rudolf,
I called Miguel a couple years ago and inquired about a Troy SE and was close to taking a leap of faith and ordering one until my wife got pregnant and we had our first son. Fast-forward to now and we have 2 sons, all of Audiocrack's Thor cables, and an Elite arriving in January. I'm really looking forward to 2018 and sharing opinions about the Elite and what it is capable of producing or should I say eliminating. I've read everything I can find about the Troy SE and Elite and have no doubt it will be worth its weight in gold...and black. I hope you guys are enjoying them and I'm interested to hear more about the footers and and what they bring to the table. I really enjoy this thread and WBF and am always lurking and reading everything I can about products that interest me from real world users. More to come...

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Mike & Rudolf,
I called Miguel a couple years ago and inquired about a Troy SE and was close to taking a leap of faith and ordering one until my wife got pregnant and we had our first son. Fast-forward to now and we have 2 sons, all of Audiocrack's Thor cables, and an Elite arriving in January. I'm really looking forward to 2018 and sharing opinions about the Elite and what it is capable of producing or should I say eliminating. I've read everything I can find about the Troy SE and Elite and have no doubt it will be worth its weight in gold...and black. I hope you guys are enjoying them and I'm interested to hear more about the footers and and what they bring to the table. I really enjoy this thread and WBF and am always lurking and reading everything I can about products that interest me from real world users. More to come...

Dave

Hello Dave,

So good to hear that the delivery of your Elite will be in January. So apparently Miguel could speed up things. It will undoubtedly add significantly to your beautiful audio system! Please keep us posted once you have the Elite and the Thor se’s up and running.

Btw, I have not experienced with any different footers for my Tripoint ‘boxes’. I know Miguel has some very interesting (platform) ideas because we talked about those plans extensively. But he is swamped for the time being so I will wait till these plans materialize. And of course I am looking forward to his Emperor grounding cables that are really out of this world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing