Tripoint troy signature grounding device

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
by 'equipment' I assume you mean the 'electronics' intended to be grounded (not the Troy)? sorry......just wanting to be clear.

Yes, Mike.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
thank you Tang. I will change 2 of my cables to the correct orientation.

I made a mistake once too when I relocated my equipments:D. It took me the whole morning to find out what went wrong with my sound. Just a single cable at my phono.

Tang

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
hi Howie,

assuming you have enough grounding cables for all the front end gear, do them all. plug the Troy power cable into the same duplex outlet of the grounded gear (or preamp if they are all grounded) for optimal effect.

but if you only have one cable, then i'd first try it on the preamp, and then with your source. then the amps.

Thanks. Will report back if I hear nothing (a bit of a contradiction in terms!)

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks Tang , two mis aligned for me as well . Do not recollect this mentioned anyplace else .

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
AE show , blue bits at the wrong end ? image.jpeg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Do not recollect this mentioned anyplace else .

IMG_3043.JPG

This is not my picture. There is no blue ends here. But they are Elite not Troy.

I follow instruction that came with the wires. It is in my office some where.

Kind regards,
Tang

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Thanks Tang , two mis aligned for me as well . Do not recollect this mentioned anyplace else .

Guys, it's a good idea to read manufacturer's manuals and instructions from time to time.:cool::)

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 114

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, are you guys "correcting" yr Troy cbls install due some more epiphanies?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
This is like finding out Neymar has one leg on back to front.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just checked my Tripoint cables...whew! got that one right!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
got a note from Miguel that using the 'wrong' end is only a temporary issue. the 'blue' marker indicates the direction they were originally burned in, so using them the opposite direction will settle-in over time and become correct. i'm not switching mine back now and will allow the 2 which were 'wrong' to settle in this (proper 'blue' indicator) way so going forward I can be consistent and not have to think about it.

this approach does not apply to the Thor SE, only the Silver Signature ground cables which come stock with the Troy. since the Elite comes with the same cables 'stock' i'd assume it would also work the same with that.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You guys can all make a collective release of breathe LOL!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Mike, we've all been there in lovng something that might be "wrong" unbeknownst to us.
Big admission...
...in the mid 90s, slam bang in my evangelical anti digital phase, the dealer who sold me my first serious system (all-Roksan) invited me to the launch of their top system incl tt and cdp.
There I was listening to some music, a bit of surface noise, and I metaphorically patted myself on the back for still preferring the "superior" lp medium.
The dealer then smiled wryly at me as he changed the album...by taking the cd out of the tray! Yes, it was a pesky cd with vinyl surface noise recorded on it.
Erm, I didn't say much for the rest of the evening!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
ok; Elite will land tomorrow.

so tonight I've moved the Troy Signature behind my dart mono's and attached 2 standard Signature Silver 1.5m grounding cables to each amp per my method from the earlier post.

the Troy Sig is sitting on the wood over concrete floor with the stock footers into their discs.

and I've plugged the Troy Sig power cord into the bottom plug-in with the right amp power cord.

all the ground cables on my sources including the 2 Thor SE Master Ref grounding cables are just sitting there not connected, waiting impatiently :rolleyes: for the Elite to arrive.

at first it's a little disorienting. a bit confused. now after 10 minutes it's settled down a bit and the sound organization has returned and it's doing some wonderful things. maybe a slight net reduction in overall musical communication, but not much. i'm happy since it's cold in it's new spot, and with new cables too. and no Thor's in the mix. if it's this good now without anything on the sources and only connected to the amps, we have something big to expect adding the Elite tomorrow to the sources.

troy sig 1.JPG

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
the two long Signature Silver grounding cables you see left and right are just sitting there not connected at the moment. I switched them around on the sources so I have the -2- 3 meter Sig Silver cables there to switch with the Entreq cables now grounding the bass amps (to the Poseidon/Atlantic Minimus) on the bass towers later when i'm ready to try that.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
The Troy party really get going.

To Mike: did you ask Miguel about daisy chain your Troy Sig with the Troy Elite?

forgot to answer this earlier, sorry.

Miguel very specifically said NOT to daisy chain the Troy Sig and Elite. the approaches are not sympathetic together.

there you go.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
the dart 458's just love the the Tripoint Troy Signature!!!!

this is now a smallish step beyond where the Troy Sig was on the sources even with the Thor's.

for a number of years Miguel has been on me to add Tripoint magic to the 458's, saying that the more refined the gear, the more the Tripoint's magic comes through. these are the kind of amps that are a microscope for change and musically significant nuance.

no doubt.

update 45 minutes later--10:15pm----wow!! this is more than a smallish step forward. clearly more separation and walk-around through and around the soundstage, more harmonically complex and richer tone and body, more sensing vocal expressiveness and body language. we are at a different level of performance now. more intimate and engaging than before. greater startle and jump factor.

suspension of disbelief pegging the meter.

back to the music......

now 20 minutes later, 10:40pm----lost count of 'holy sh*ts'......

note to self---have aid car on hand tomorrow w/defib when firing up the Elite.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing