Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,283 of 1283

Thread: Tripoint troy signature grounding device

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Yes, I have in fact been experimenting here so will be very interested to go thru the posts here, and also see how Tang does with his experiment. Here is where i am at the moment:

1. On the same shelf (4" birch ply on top of 1.5" slate), we have Zanden PSU and Burmester 948 Power Conditioner, and Tripoint Troy)
    2. For both Zanden and Burmester...I have found using a combination of HRS Nimbus Couplers (aluminum + elastomer-like rubber) with Stillpoints Ultra 6s is great.
    3. HOWEVER, I only just discovered that putting the Nimbus Couplers UNDER the Ultra 6s is far better than ON TOP (ie, directly under each component). In my non-techie mind, it is both the improved contact between the Ultra 6s 'pockets' and the unit...but also the fact that the Nimbus Couplers are actually being put to better use by absorbing vibration COMING UP FROM THE FLOOR. There is a residual hardness/thinness that i get in my system without this configuration.

4. As a result, my current Tripoint is ONLY mass dampened (not enough footers!)...Artesania damping plate plus Ultra 5s on top with some weight.

5. I am now trying to figure out how to isolate the Tripoint with not only Ultra 5s but ALSO Nimbus Couplers to see if that is more successful than my brief trial with ONLY Ultra 5s.
    I am loving my Elite and Troy Sig on Hardpoint footers.

Trinia for the Elite, Serene for the Troy Sig. the Troy Sig (on the amps and speakers) is on a hardwood over concrete floor. the Elite is on a carpet over concrete, with the Trinia's on a BDR Carbon Fibre shelf sitting on large Walker cones through the carpet and pad into the concrete. I get zero high frequency hardening with the 'floating' Hardpoints. now, almost 2 months later, i'd say maybe the single biggest tweak I've ever done is the Trinia footers underneath the Elite (which is on my sources) which added considerable tonal richness to my all solid state system, without any loss of information, in a way nothing else has ever done. maybe there are a number of other footers that could have accomplished that same thing? or not? I did not try others.

at some point I will try those Entreq Vibbeaters that Jazzhead likes.
    Last edited by Mike Lavigne; 01-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    I am loving my Elite and Troy Sig on Hardpoint footers.

Trinia for the Elite, Serene for the Troy Sig. the Troy Sig (on the amps and speakers) is on a hardwood over concrete floor. the Elite is on a carpet over concrete, with the Trinia's on a BDR Carbon Fibre shelf sitting on large Walker cones through the carpet and pad into the concrete. I get zero high frequency hardening with the 'floating' Hardpoints. now, almost 2 months later, i'd say maybe the single biggest tweak I've ever done is the Trinia footers underneath the Elite (which is on my sources) which added considerable tonal richness to my all solid state system, without any loss of information, in a way nothing else has ever done. maybe there are a number of other footers that could have accomplished that same thing? or not? I did not try others.

at some point I will try those Entreq Vibbeaters that Jazzhead likes.
    Thanks, Mike. I have 2 isolation projects in my mind at the moment: upgrading the upper shelf which is HRS Nimbus Couplers/HRS M3X shelves...simply by upgrading to the HRS Vortex which replaces the HRS Nimbus Couplers (new generation with new design).

The other is placing something underneath the Troy. Your experiments continue to intrigue me. In addition to my Stillpoints/HRS combination i use across the entire lower shelf of equipment, I might even try these new HRS Vortex. stay tuned.
    Speaker Wilson X-1/SLAMMS / Velodyne DD18+
    Source Zanden 4Box Digital
    Amp CJ GAT 2 / Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable SC/IC / PC TA Opus Gen5/MM2 / PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass
    Power/Ground/Shield 7 x 16A Furutech / Burmester948+NordostQX4 / Tripoint TroySig+Thor / Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex Mullard
    Headphone Sennheiser HD650 / Arcam rHead/ApogeeGroove

Addicted to Best!
    Few updates:

- HRS Vortexs are out: they are are very heavy, thick-sided solid equipment. the places where i use HRS are more lightweight (sub 40lbs). And the places where i use Stillpoints are straight to wood shelves or floors...where the HRS nimbus is great (elastomer/polymer bottom) vs Vortex which is spiked

- Have now taken 3 sets of HRS Nimbus/Ultra 5s and placed them under the 3 legs of the Tripoint Troy. (previously, i put just U5s under the Tripoint box itself, bypassing the feet). This is (for me) a much better way to setting up the Troy, and I am pretty sure to keep this new configuration.

Because I had to use some existing HRS Nimbus/U5s from elsewhere, i have now got a few things on order to backfill those other places. But having done this carefully, i have a good sense of what the final setup will sound like.

Thanks for the advice, Mike!!!
    Speaker Wilson X-1/SLAMMS / Velodyne DD18+
    Source Zanden 4Box Digital
    Amp CJ GAT 2 / Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable SC/IC / PC TA Opus Gen5/MM2 / PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass
    Power/Ground/Shield 7 x 16A Furutech / Burmester948+NordostQX4 / Tripoint TroySig+Thor / Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex Mullard
    Headphone Sennheiser HD650 / Arcam rHead/ApogeeGroove

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129