Ass-O-Nine Vinyl Packaging

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Got the Pure Pleasure New Moon Daughter this week (had pre-ordered it some time ago). PP decided to put heavy adhesive stickers on the opening of each inner record sleeve. Uh, not something you can easily peel off. Tryng to do that leaves your fingers all gummy from the adhesive while you are trying to open the inner sleeve. Nor would one want to slice the sleeve open, letter opener style, since knives and vinyl are not a good combination. I ultimately tore open the sleeves around the stupid stickers (I'd resleeve anyway using rice paper). Stupid marketing gimmick which not only serves no real purpose, but in my estimation, causes more potential harm than any theoretical benefit. (What, you are going to inadvertently take the record out with open side of sleeve facing the floor? Somehow, vinyl managed all these years without such clever thinking.)
I suggest they relabel this 'Pure Torture.'

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
hows the SQ? new moon daughter and mary black's no frontiers are two of the most anticipated vinyl reissues this summer.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
hows the SQ? new moon daughter and mary black's no frontiers are two of the most anticipated vinyl reissues this summer.

Quiet, lot's of detail, and 'air' but a trace of that edge in the air -almost like a 'halo' rather than stridency of the instruments, per se that Myles would say is attributable to DMM. (Some of the older DMM stuff is really 'bitey'). For a gnu record, it is very good. I haven't listened to all the sides yet. I totally forgot about Mary Black, I know she had a big 'audiophile' record back in the day, can't remember what it was- I'm sure i have it somewhere.....

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
ahh DMM not a fan either...since i no longer have an original pressing and they're hard to get, the 'puro tortura' vers it is. i like celtic/english folk music in moderate doses but no frontiers breaks the mold and is one of her best. i dont have the 1st prssing any longer and they can fetch ~80 used.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing