XCS200 Center Channel Speaker 6k

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
A while back, just after the AK-Fest we hand a conversation about the new center channel speaker. I found this announcement and thought someone might be interested. Out of my range at (MSRP: $6,000), but it's fun to dream.

June 30th, 2010 -- by Chris Martens
Source: AVGuide
http://www.avguide.com/article/mcin...ce-xcs200-center-channel-speaker?src=Playback
For ultimate-quality sonic performance, the XCS200 features two McIntosh 8-inch LD/HP woofers mounted behind a custom baffle housing a multi-driver line array. Eight 2-inch titanium midrange drivers using neo-radial technology and five ¾-inch titanium dome tweeter drivers, arranged in a quasi-point source array, combine to offer truly exceptional dispersion, midrange clarity and very low distortion. The low moving mass of the tweeter elements helps extend system response to 45 kHz.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Centre-channels are the most over-rated necessities of a HT system. I suppose if I had money to burn I'd get one just to say I own a $6,000 Centre-channel.....hmmmm, on second thought...no I wouldn't.

John

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Because I honestly don't think they heighten the viewing/listening experience to such a degree that it's worth the expense.

John

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
Because I honestly don't think they heighten the viewing/listening experience to such a degree that it's worth the expense.

John
There are some that do not think, you pick the brand, X speakers are worth X amount of money. I do 7.2 and feel that each of the speakers adds to the sound track. Some argue that 5.1 is all that you need or that 2 channels is all you need. I guess someone could object to the price and use of surround speakers or subwoofers. I can think of at least one person that I personally know who only uses 2 channels for his movie sound tracks and no subwoofer. The subwoofer debate is often a topic on internet forums. Not sure I would inject my dislike of subwoofers, if I had one, into the discussion of particuliar models and comment on their cost. Seems like those types of comments are more suited to a theory discussion?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing