Core Audio Technology's Kora MKIII Power Supply

michael123

Nov 17, 2011
Hi

I recently bought a linear power supply for my music server.
[ The music server is close in specs to Computer Audiophile's Zuma (a bit more updated) ]

I bought two pieces, one went to my friend, who has same music server, but with Firewire card, and I have SOtM tX-USBexp.

So far, my communication with Ryan from Core Audio was way above the average - very professional, quick, precise.

These power supplies' build quality is excellent, including the 12V power cord (I have the 'S3').

I cannot say regarding the difference in quality between PicoPSU brick 160W power supply and Kora (I installed new Kora PSU right from the start),
but my friend couldn't be happier saying that the sound is more analog with fuller body.

For around 600$ - I would say that this is one of my best purchases so far :)

-- Michael

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Mine broke after a year. I replaced it with a $30 12v smps. The smps sounds better.

Hi

I recently bought a linear power supply for my music server.
[ The music server is close in specs to Computer Audiophile's Zuma (a bit more updated) ]

I bought two pieces, one went to my friend, who has same music server, but with Firewire card, and I have SOtM tX-USBexp.

So far, my communication with Ryan from Core Audio was way above the average - very professional, quick, precise.

These power supplies' build quality is excellent, including the 12V power cord (I have the 'S3').

I cannot say regarding the difference in quality between PicoPSU brick 160W power supply and Kora (I installed new Kora PSU right from the start),
but my friend couldn't be happier saying that the sound is more analog with fuller body.

For around 600$ - I would say that this is one of my best purchases so far :)

-- Michael

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing