Psycho-acoustics section

caesar

May 30, 2010
How about a psycho-acoustics section? There is a brief mention of this here and there, but I don't think anyone else is doing anything like this.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Doesn't the term "crazy audiophile" just about cover it?

Actually, I consider this topic to be more compelling than the oft bloody "analog vs.digital" or "objectivist vs. subjectivist" or "double blind" type stuff. The rapid cross collating computer that actually assembles and interprets the sensory event is usually given short shrift in audiophilia.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I have used a simple psychoacoustics circuit in my system for years. A pretty neat black box which requires two seperate small speakers and a amplifier. At one time I ran the 2 small speakers of my main speaker terminals and it worked fine. I later added the seperate amplifier to the mix.

There is an amazing amount of ambient info lost without the circuit in place,but only if the information is there in the recording. I don't think I would enjoy the music as much if it wasn't there, especially on live tracks.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Half the posts would be drive-by screamings. It would be a unique, and potentially very enlightening forum, but I seriously doubt it would ever have a chance to live up to that potential.

P

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing