LAMM ML3 with Magico Q7

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I hate to ask this question, but why the hell does it take six years to build some amps for a customer? I mean really...

Which is worse? Six years of buying and selling purgatory or waiting for end game product. Given the ocean of mediocrity out there, I would gladly wait for that pearl of great price. Roysen, what say ye?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Which is worse? Six years of buying and selling purgatory or waiting for end game product. Given the ocean of mediocrity out there, I would gladly wait for that pearl of great price. Roysen, what say ye?

You provided a rationale for waiting six years, but nothing to explain why it should take so long.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hi,

I think I get what you fella's mean,the Isis driven by the Lamms does not produce wall shaking bass but my CAT did not either,the CAT had more power and slam but the Lamm's bass is so articulate and defined I can live without absolute bottom for now.But what the Lamm does from the bottom up is incredible,these are my last amps.
I really hope Avalon uses their Tesserat technology for a scaled down verision,it is much higher sensitivity and load for the amp.In the mean time I talked to the distributors from Verity Audio and Marten.Does anyone have any experience with the Verity Lohergrin 11s or the Marten Momento both are interesting.Any input would help.

Robert
Hello Robert, would it be possible for you to update us on your experiences with the ML3 and Isis…or whichever speaker so have right now? I am working on a complete upgrade to my system later this year and the Isis and Q7 are on my speaker list along with some other options. Your feedback has always been very helpful and would be greatly appreciated. BTW, are you still using the Coralstone on your Walker? Many thanks, Ash

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Ash,

In my room and my set-up,the Lamm Signature components having had a chance to settle in with the Koetsu coralstone and Walker MKV,along with the Elrod cabling and the Superb Avalon Isis and lets not forget Tri-point Orion and Troy I am in audiophile heaven.
It does everything I want,I lack nothing and the sound is to die for.I almost forgot audio's be kept secret Dalby's Lignum Record stabilizer and Lignum Isolation feet,I have them under everything.Real works of art.

That is where I am now,at the end of the yellow brick road,just stocking up on my favorite records.

Regards Robert

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hi Ash,

In my room and my set-up,the Lamm Signature components having had a chance to settle in with the Koetsu coralstone and Walker MKV,along with the Elrod cabling and the Superb Avalon Isis and lets not forget Tri-point Orion and Troy I am in audiophile heaven.
It does everything I want,I lack nothing and the sound is to die for.I almost forgot audio's be kept secret Dalby's Lignum Record stabilizer and Lignum Isolation feet,I have them under everything.Real works of art.

That is where I am now,at the end of the yellow brick road,just stocking up on my favorite records.

Regards Robert

Hi Robert, many thanks for your feedback…much appreciated. I will have to try and find a way to listen to this combination somehow. I am also planning to listen to Audio Note Kondo Kagura amps. Happy listening! Many thanks, Ash

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Steve,

The ML3 is awesome but the LL1 and the new LP1 is just as impressive.IMO

Regards Robert

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
HI strapper211, I noticed that you are a dealer for both Lamm and CAT. Any thoughts on how the CAT preamp would sound with the Lamm amp and vice versa ( Lamm preamp and CAT amp)?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IMO simply put the ML3 ranks in the top echelon of amps

Still my dream amps. Too bad they can't drive my dream speakers so I make do with the ML3's brothers instead.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
First off,The Lamm Signature series should be used together,they have a tremendous synergy and are the best of the best.
As for Using a Lamm amp with Cat pre and visa versa I don't recommend it,the Lamm go together very well and the Cat pre-amp and amps make for a tremendous pairing.I would use Lamm with Lamm and Cat with Cat,they are cut from a little different cloth but used with their own the sound is better than if seperated.

As for the LP1,I think after it has broken-in it is the finest phono I ever heard.It took about 6 months to fully settle in but now it is a classic,worthy of the signature name.

Regards Robert

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
After the Hong Kong demo of the Q7 with the ML3 it seems we can safely say that the Q7 and a single pair of ML3 driving them doesn't work optimally. The next question then is how would the improve in theory if you bi-amped the Q7 with two pairs of ML3s?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
After the Hong Kong demo of the Q7 with the ML3 it seems we can safely say that the Q7 and a single pair of ML3 driving them doesn't work optimally. The next question then is how would the improve in theory if you bi-amped the Q7 with two pairs of ML3s?

All I can say is "wow"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing