Magico Ultimate 3

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
it was 4 years ago if that helps. Saw them in his showroom in the SF Bay Area. I'm trying to find the picture I have of myself in front of these speakers

see pic on post 24: this is Magico showroom. They were using Soulution, not Constellation. If they ever tried the Ultimate with Constellation, I would be interested to know how it competes against Soulution.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
from the link to the review I posted it does say that Goodwin's designed his room

Now I recall, that's what they told me; and that they were floored by the sound.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Have you seen the stock market lately? :D Check out YTD on Overstock (OSTK)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
what floors me is that in 4 years the speaker has almost doubled in price

If a guy can afford such accoutrements, more power to him...I understand the argument. But $600K for what I'm seeing here regardless of quality of drivers, etc. is outrageous. Of course that's just my admittedly naive opinion.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Stereo --

Congratulations! Don't let the killjoys get you down. Hope these fulfill your expectations and bring you years of happiness.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Killjoy eh? I've been called worse.. :D

But just for the helluva it here's the way I think. We are looking at the magicos or 5 and 2/3's of these guys:

2010-bmw-m6.jpg

I look at M6's as a currency...sort of as they do in Dubai.. ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Stereo --

Congratulations! Don't let the killjoys get you down. Hope these fulfill your expectations and bring you years of happiness.

I agree

I would have to wonder if the steep increase in speaker price is related to import taxes in foreign countries

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Anyone who has heard these have any thoughts as to how they would compare to the Wilson XLF's at appx. 1/3rd the price?

IMHO, at this level you do not compare pieces, you should compare systems. You have to visit Dave Wilson or Jacob Heilbrunn and then Dr. Jim and Abigail Langham for a few times. Then you write your thoughts ...

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
IMHO, at this level you do not compare pieces, you should compare systems. You have to visit Dave Wilson or Jacob Heilbrunn and then Dr. Jim and Abigail Langham for a few times. Then you write your thoughts ...

Ok, BUT we are talking of two SPEAKERS here! Obviously, the contributing gear is a factor, however, I think with a little back ground info, one could certainly compare the two speaker's under question.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

IMO, not only systems but the room as well. I can kill the performance of a great speaker in my room by just moving tube traps around. I never render a negative opinion on a speaker unless I'm very familiar with the room I'm listening in. Too many variables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing