Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Audible Jitter/amirm vs Ethan Winer

The samples also seem to have been very wisely thought of. They show the effects of correlated and uncorrelated jitter, hum breakthrough, PLL drift etc. To my mind this paper elucidates the major part of the dreaded "digititis", though not all of of it. And it dates from five years ago.

Addicted to Best!
    Definitely going to take my time going through the paper.
    Do you know if it was ever linked and discussed on any other forums?
    Appreciate it may had some agree or argue about its content on these other sites without really taking time to read it properly but just curious.

Thanks again for the paper.
    Orb

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Do you know if it was ever linked and discussed on any other forums?
    Don't have the slightest idea, but it's highly unlikely. Very few people have the required scientific background and they probably do not frequent forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnchips View Post
    Don't have the slightest idea, but it's highly unlikely. Very few people have the required scientific background and they probably do not frequent forums.
    Ahem.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...dpost&p=645122

or back further, the following thread cites Hawksford's simulation work among other attempts to predict/measure jitter audibility:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=51322

Hydrogenaudio has been discussing 'what's best' for a long time. It's always a good idea to search there.

(and IIRC, a frequent HA poster is one of Dr. Hawksford's former graduate students.)

Addicted to Best!
    Thanks for the links sasully and forgot about those,
    shame though not real "meaty" discussion on the paper and real unfortunately the paper is not on the links anymore in those thread, I really should check the academic links I have myself.
    Yes there are a some really great posters on this subject over at HA (mentioned that in the past here) but some of the others technically contributing are not ideal to say the least, but then that can be said of any forum.

Edit:
    BTW good to have you back posting, seems to have been awhile.

Thanks again
    Orb

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718