Forum To Be Down Later Today

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Forum update has been completed to a newer version. It is advised that you need to empty your cache and history and reboot your computer. If you notice any bugs or glitches please advise so that we can look into them

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Forum update has been completed to a newer version. It is advised that you need to empty your cache and history and reboot your computer. If you notice any bugs or glitches please advise so that we can look into them

Anything "new" about this upgrade that we should be aware of (other than what you mentioned)?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
not at yor end but at ours John

We were running 4.2.0 but now have 4.2.1

The forum name and favicon seems to be absent on screens as well as the forum icons now displaying as the generic ones seen by nonmembers or people not logged in. The Vbulletin logo seems to replace our forum name at the top left of home page

Members are advised to clear history and cache and then reboot. Please let us know if you see any issues

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
not at yor end but at ours John

We were running 4.2.0 but now have 4.2.1

The forum name and favicon seems to be absent on screens as well as the forum icons now displaying as the generic ones seen by nonmembers or people not logged in. The Vbulletin logo seems to replace our forum name at the top left of home page

Members are advised to clear history and cache and then reboot. Please let us know if you see any issues

Will do!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
OK

the tech has finally done the last add on install and says for everyone to clear cache, history and reboot

My favicon, forum name and forum icons are now all correct

Logged out and rebooted...no issues!:D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks John

I think your browser is IE IIRC

I switched to Chrome a little while back.......although sometimes I use IE just for a change.

Want me to log out and reboot with IE?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Just an FYI, Steve. Everything looks to be good on my end.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sign out, reboot and log in with IE is no problem either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing