Video Of Paul Stubblebine's visit to the Audio Video Club Of Atlanta Georgia

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hey, Hey, Hey tape lovers,

I finally got the video link so that I could share the awesome experience our club members had back on June 30, 2013. Mr. Stubblebine brought some great music and the awewome "Tape Repro" pre amp. I got a chance to hook my Tascam 42B up. We had to turn the volume of the EAR tube pre amp up to full in order to hear the tape. After a few minutes we realized that the original TEAC playback head on my deck had very low output. I later found out the output was below 100mHy. This has convinced me to go with the premium Nortronics 400mHy playback head for my Tascam. I'm just waiting for Mr. John French to return from vacation on the 22nd. Thank you Paul for permitting me to actually see and hear enough to understand what I need in terms to get the best from my tape deck. That's me in the blue cap with my wife sitting next to me.

The primary tape deck playing the music was a Technics 1500. However, my friend Pablo brought along his Otari MX-55 which also sounded great playing music directly through the EAR power and pre amp. I love the sound of tubes. Here is the link all and thank you for your patience. You all are just great! Thank you again Mr. Paul Stubblebine for bringing great pleasure to Georgia and our club members in particular. Finally, I've got to say that the most moving music for me was when Paul played a piece from a recording of Mr. Kurt Elling. Mr. Elling and Andy Bey are my to favorite male singers. Note my head bobbing as Mr. Elling made music. Thanks again for your patience all. Following is the link ....

http://vimeo.com/70221373

Jazzbo

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello Bruce,
I am not all that computer literate, so my primary concern was whether I could get the link to the video on correctly. I am more than happy everything turned out OK and that all of my friends here have access to a great club meeting.

Jazzbo

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
This is a good discussion. I do wish the videographer had miked the audience or used an off axis microphone. The questions are lost and Paul's responses do not repeat the questions.

Ok, I am sorry I have to add this edit... at 33 minutes in Paul plays examples and we still have the lapel mic. It's not very listenable. Woulda... shoulda... coulda. This could have been really great.

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello Peter,
You're right regarding questions being lost and I am truly sorry about that. We left the video up to a fine gentleman who's job is doing videos for a living I believe. If we are ever in this position again, we will know the shortfalls and be better prepared. Thank you so much for your comment and I am happy you all will at least get a chance to hear the great man and some of the music he brought with him. By the way, the "Tape Repro" was hidden behind the Technics 1500 tape deck.

jazzbo

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Much appreciated, thanks Jazzbo.

Peter I'd suggest listening on a set of revealing headphones if you can, I am about half way through and I can make out the questions being asked.

Last edited:

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good Friday Morning hvbias,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding how you are now able to hear the questions to Paul Stubblebine. May I ask which set of revealing headphones you are using? Great idea sir.

jazzbo

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Good Friday Morning hvbias,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding how you are now able to hear the questions to Paul Stubblebine. May I ask which set of revealing headphones you are using? Great idea sir.

jazzbo

I'm using Sennheiser HD800

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
hvbias,

Thanks again sir. The Sennheiser HD800 are outstanding and will do whatever you require regarding listening to music and distant speech as well. :)

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi Bob,

I'm viewing and listening to it as I compose this reply.
Thank you very much. I'm sure we all appreciate this video being made available to us :)
BTW, we're off to see 'The Wrecking Crew', tonight.

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hi Bob,

I'm viewing and listening to it as I compose this reply.
Thank you very much. I'm sure we all appreciate this video being made available to us :)
BTW, we're off to see 'The Wrecking Crew', tonight.

Sir, you and everyone are more than welcome. Glad I could be of service. :)

jazzbo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing