2,000,000 LP's and counting!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
At the end of the month I'll be flying out to Calgary to celebrate mine and my twin-sister's 60th birthday. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't seen her in 3 years. While there I'll be taking a day to visit a used record shop called "Recordland". It's estimated this place has about 1 million LP's for sale, plus another 1 million in storage and growing. While I suspect that much of it is crap, I'm hoping to pick up the odd LP here and there. Even if I don't, it'll be fun just going to have a look!

http://www.calgarysun.com/videos/2258499867001

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Lo ball him and bring a few 18 wheelers.

LOL! I still have 1,500 at my sisters place.....don't think I could stand adding much more. Going to go through my stash and bring back a few......the others......well....I think I'll give them to my nephew as he's getting into vinyl and it would make him happy. He doesn't know it yet though.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Uncle John, I am only three hours away from Calgary ;) and I still have lot's of room in my lp rack

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Wow John, that's an amazing store! IF you can stay long enough and have a list of wants with you, I would think that you should be able to score some serious vinyl. OTOH, most dealer's that I know that have anything like that amount of stock tend to price on the high side...usually.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing