Speaker Cables for Avalon Idea

nkbg

Jul 16, 2013
Seattle, WA
First post here. Glad there's a small community for Avalons in this corner of the interwebs :D

Looking for suggestions on speaker cables to go with Avalon Ideas which are powered by a Simaudio i7 integrated amp.

Thanks!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi nkgb, and welcome to WBF!

I can talk on my experience with Avalon in general, but keep in mind that I have not had Simaudio nor the Idea.

I have found a great match with fast cables for Avalon speakers in general, I am currently using Kondo Silver cables, prior to those I had Siltech SG and have tried Kimber and Cardas as well.

bottom line: look for silver and copper or pure silver options and try to listem them first in your system.

nkbg

Jul 16, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thanks flex!

You're most likely right about silver, I compared my Acoustic Zen Holograms and Michael Wolf silver ribbons on the Idea. That AZ although sounds great on Dynaudio, Zu and Martin Logans, sounded dull on the Idea. In comparison the Wolf silver ribbons sound really really good.

Avalon recommends Cardas Clear but that cable get very expensive at the length I need which is just shy under 4m but I'm curious about Clear Light. Auditorium 23 and Sablon Panatela are also on a wish list :D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks flex!

You're most likely right about silver, I compared my Acoustic Zen Holograms and Michael Wolf silver ribbons on the Idea. That AZ although sounds great on Dynaudio, Zu and Martin Logans, sounded dull on the Idea. In comparison the Wolf silver ribbons sound really really good.

Avalon recommends Cardas Clear but that cable get very expensive at the length I need which is just shy under 4m but I'm curious about Clear Light. Auditorium 23 and Sablon Panatela are also on a wish list :D

I have heard that the Auditorium is not bad, please also consider Omega Micro in kit form, amazing ribbon cable!

bluedoor

Jun 19, 2013
Do you guys know what's the correct size of the Cardas spades for the Avalon IDEA?
I believe it's 6 mm , but I'm not 100% sure...

Last edited:

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
Purist Audio Design - Neptune....warm, saturate, smooth, deep soundstage, great space, great colors, much better than any Cardas. Avalons needs warm, saturate cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing