Achievum Cables Live 2 - speaker cables for EUR €125.200,- (2x 3m)

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I wonder if he has priced the cables like this in sheer frustration and as a protest for not being able to sell the smaller model. I wouldn't think anyone would tell a customer about this price setting policy if it was not some kind of protest.

Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
If the lower priced cable wasn't taken seriously because of its low price, it feels like this ridiculously expensive one stands no chance either. I think this person has absolutely no sense of marketing and one hopes his engineering skills are better. I think we have wasted enough bandwidth with this joker.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This is the height of insanity, pure and simple :( And I thought that the top MIT Cables were beyond crazy...if this is the thought process then price the cables at 12,500 Euro if you need to truly convince the connoisseurs that they need them.....

Cheers,

No that much different from the pricing rationale behind more celebrated brand of cables .. Those with multiple "poles" of articulations come to mind ;). I am still mad at them though I was expecting cable price to reach $100,000 not to surpass this milestone by 65% :D

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well he is honest about it , i like the guy :D
We got a reponse from the manufacturer. He is writing that the initial assumption of the price in the opening post of this thread is the correct price (EUR €125.200,-). He explains that the price is set like this because quite a few hifi connoisseurs believes there is a direct dependancy between price and performance. They find the price of the smaller model called Live Mk.1 too low to take it seriously.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
No that much different from the pricing rationale behind more celebrated brand of cables .. Those with multiple "poles" of articulations come to mind ;). I am still mad at them though I was expecting cable price to reach $100,000 not to surpass this milestone by 65% :D

hey with MIT and Transparent with network boxes, at least you are getting more engineering than you would get with a typical straight wire, like these. I can't imagine anyone falling for these at these prices.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Why not? Men have paid more to stimulate their imaginations.

Tim

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
On a positive note...this will end all the harassment of my MIT MAX/2 for being hideously overpriced....:p

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing