Wilson Audio Announces Wilson Audiophile Recordings!!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I am very excited to announce the re-release of our label, Wilson Audiophile, and our recordings which will be available for download SOON!

Make sure to check out our website, Wilson Audio: High Performance Loudspeakers, tomorrow for more information

Wilson Audio Announces Wilson Audiophile Recordings!!

Wilson Audio Announces Wilson Audiophile Recording - YouTube

Widely considered by critics as the finest loudspeakers ever built, the WAMM and WATT were originally designed expressly as professional references for the evaluation of: master tapes, test pressings, associated equipment, as well as basic research into the psychoacoustics of the listening phenomenon.

Before Wilson Audio there was Wilson Audiophile recordings. Dave Wilson began a series of music recordings that quickly gained attention of the audiophile community for their realism and musical integrity. Using minimally placed, carefully chosen microphones mated with custom-built recording equipment, Wilson sought to capture the sound-stage, dynamics, and harmonic richness of chamber, organ, big band, and jazz performances.

From 1977 to 1995, 33 recordings were released in vinyl and later, CD—a catalog still prized by collectors today. Now most of those original recordings are being remastered and re-released on the Wilson Audiophile Recordings label in high resolution downloadable formats.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Do you have a listing of the music and performers?

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Do you have a listing of the music and performers?

We will soon! I have all the information on every album, and a lot of the information should be posted to our website tomorrow.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hello,

Would Wilson Audiophile consider furnishing their recordings on 15 in/s, IEC reel, e.g. straight analog transfer?
Thanks.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Would Wilson Audiophile consider furnishing their recordings on 15 in/s, IEC reel, e.g. straight analog transfer?
Thanks.

Not sure. That would not be a call I could make. :(

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Not sure. That would not be a call I could make. :(

Yes, acknowledged...
FWIW, I would be interested should they become available -- please, keep us informed :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Wilson Audio Announces Wilson Audiophile Recordings!!

Wilson Audio Announces Wilson Audiophile Recording - YouTube

Debby,

It was great to watch this video, particularly as it is showing my long time favorite, the Beethoven/Enescu sonatas LP. Your father managed to capture the particular gipsy style of the violin play of the Sonata for violin & piano No. 3 in an wonderful way - full of intonation, but still agile, evidencing the dialogue with the piano. It is great to know these recordings will now be available to a large community in a high quality format, although my LP will always have a special place in my audiophile history - it was a mandatory recording to show friends how enjoyable an high-end audio system can be.

Last edited:

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby,

It was great to watch this video, particularly as it is showing my long time favorite, the Beethoven/Enescu sonatas LP. Your father managed to capture the particular gipsy style of the violin play of the Sonata for violin & piano No. 3 in an wonderful way - full of intonation, but still agile, evidencing the dialogue with the piano. It is great to know these recordings will now be available to a large community in a high quality format, although my LP will always have a special place in my audiophile history - it was a mandatory recording to show friends how enjoyable an high-end audio system can be.

Thank you for your kind comments! It's an honor to hear that you hold some of my dad's recordings in such high regard!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Long time favorites :

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 280

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Any reason why the releases have to be spaced so far apart?

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Any reason why the releases have to be spaced so far apart?

Same reason why Star Wars movies were released so far apart ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Long time favorites :

Hyperion Knight is good! I actually had a teenage crush on him... He would come over to the house and play, and I thought he was so "dreamy"! Lol! He played pretty good, too ;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Same reason why Star Wars movies were released so far apart ;)

Well, at least I hope you leave the worst parts for last, like in the movies :) Specially since if you guys keep at this pace, most of your audience will be gone by the time you reach release #33!

But seriously, I'm new to these recordings, and I have none of the original LPs or CDs, so I was just hoping I'd be able to get a few more releases sooner, to keep it hires-only. As I know myself, I'll likely end up hitting the market for used LPs/CDs, AND get the downloads when they eventually come...

alexandre

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
And if some were to become available on reel that would the ultimate!

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Wouldn't it be a wonderful marketing idea if all the registered owners of WA speakers were given
a free download to kick off the release of the remastered Wilson Audiophile Recording?:cool:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Will there be any vinyl..pressed by QRP by any chance ? Digital just doesn't quite cut it when you start with analog masters...

Debby answered that question of FB. Only D/L. No CD, LP or tape.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The link to Wilson Audiophile is LIVE on our site!! Get info on the albums to be re-released AND which albums will be re-released next!

http://wilsonaudio.com/wilson-audiophile.php

Dear Debby,

I am an audiophile in Hong Kong.
All the Wilson Audiophile Recordings are gems! Re-release of them are long overdue for sure.

When I post a news on your announcement in a Hong Kong HiFi Forum, everybody are so excited :
CAS audiophiles would like the release to have DSD version.
Whereas die-hard LP & CD audiophiles want reissue of them in CD & LP formats too.
http://www3.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=57197&extra=page=1

I am sure if there are DSD files, CD reissues & LP reissues, they will be sold out in just a few days!
There are so many Wilson Audio fans in Hong Kong & Mainland China.

We sincerely would like you to consider our requests.
Many many thanks in advance!

Peter

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing