Acoustic Sounds Acquires Classic Records

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The mystery is solved.

Classic Records Acquired by Acoustic Sounds
Chad Kassem?s Acoustic Sounds has purchased audiophile industry leader Classic Records. "This is a big acquisition for Acoustic which will enable us to further increase our presence and reputation in the audiophile vinyl market worldwide," according to Kassem. ?Over the years, Classic Records consistently was able to license the top titles that audiophiles wanted. Since that momentous announcement of the RCA Living Stereo reissue series in January 1994, Acoustic Sounds has been an admirer and strong supporter of the quality products produced by Classic Records. Classic has always been innovative and has set new standards for sound quality. Hobson always pushed the envelope to improve Classic?s products instead of just accepting the current standards. It is an honor to now own Classic, and I intend to continue to use the innovations that Classic pioneered and the high standards they established,? said Kassem.

Michael Hobson, who founded Classic Records in 1994, will continue in an advisory role to Acoustic Sounds to ensure a smooth transition.

"Classic Records has always been driven by my desire to make the best sounding records possible, and to that end we have successfully innovated over the years such that we are now able to make an LP that sounds better than when we started 17 years ago. I have worked with Chad for over 20 years and have seen Acoustic Sounds grow into a powerhouse in the audiophile market. In many ways having Classic Records join the Acoustic Sounds empire is a logical progression and makes a lot of sense strategically. I am confident that Chad and Acoustic Sounds will carry on in the Classic tradition of the pursuit of sound excellence, and I am committed to making sure that our knowledge base and experience transfers completely,? said Hobson.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I posted this news in the vinyl subforum of the TT forum. You're too slow! :)

Edit: now that the supply of Classic Records' titles is less iffy, perhaps Chad will see fit to stop price gouging on certain titles...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Edit: now that the supply of Classic Records' titles is less iffy, perhaps Chad will see fit to stop price gouging on certain titles...

I'm actually slightly sad about the demise of Classic Records (record companies too since they see vinyl as the only format that can't be copied now :) ). Fan of their product or not, Classic Records kept a steady supply of rock, classical, jazz, etc. LPs on many an audiophile's turntable platter. Without this new software, I doubt we would have seen as many turntable manufacturers around as we do today.

I hope that Chad can improve the Classic Records product, continue their track record of releases and with his extensive distribution, ensure the interest in turntables continues.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Well........I would have had it online before you but for the stupid computer system at work. Haven't been able to log into my email from work for days. Way to go IT!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing