Requests For Debate Topics

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I would like to use this thread as a starting point for proposed topics of debate between two members. Topics can be contentious and involve such topics as digital vs analog, DBT's vs listening.This will be a Stick thread for all to see and to make suggestions. Debates will be strictly moderated to ensure they remain polite and on topic.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Will there be a way for spectators to ask questions from the sidelines without interupting the flow? Other than PM's?

The thought was to have only the two debate as all else will be a distraction but to open it up mat the end for members questions and comments

One could always PM the MOD who could make a list and introduce it at the end of the debate. Which brings up another interesting point.....will there be a timeline or max # of posts that can be made? After all, the debate must end at some point.

John

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Hi Steve,

Well, I have been debating, (now ignored) non-oversampling vs. oversampling. I wish we could get Kusunoki to debate here. Mr. Kondo has lamentably passed away. My amp and preamp builder is designing a NOS DAC sans tubes. Given his design record, I can't wait.

On another subject, I noticed in Eric Winer's on line tutorial he uses small monitors for his sound. I have a good friend who makes monitors for studio purposes. He swears by them in that they produce the flattest measured frequency range. Studios do need a small speaker for studio purposes.

I would hope an engineer who knows his stuff would jump in here. It is too bad that the Apogee company had been scuttled. Leo Spiegel could give a great lecture on speaker design. The Scintilla was his best IMHO.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing